Skip to content

What would you do if you rolled past two 100s in less than a week?

justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
Title says it all. One was a half-elf Dragon Disciple and the other a Human Beast Master, whom I thought of messing around with as a Dual... I've only seen so much as 4 100s in my life, one of which a (unkited!) Sorcerer in my early days of BG EE, where I messed up the Spell selection. My Cavalier I still keep.

My record of not rolling past characters was pretty spotless up until this point.
  1. What would you do if you rolled past two 100s in less than a week?61 votes
    1. Use Shadowkeeper or Ctrl+8 to get a Character like the ones you lost.
      47.54%
    2. Set the font-size to maximum, to re-start rolling BIG numbers.
        4.92%
    3. Smash (or damage) whatever device your gaming on.
        4.92%
    4. Start a pol to see what other people would do.
        6.56%
    5. Play a different game for some time.
        4.92%
    6. Set yourself a point-limit, or make some other form of challenge.
        6.56%
    7. Take an existing character through SoD (that you haven't yet).
        1.64%
    8. Other suggestions (please elaborate!)
      22.95%

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    T'was a tie between that and smashing my laptop but that'd get expensive fast so. Never rolled higher than 98 despite rerolling quite often but I know the self-hatred and rage that one can feel when this happen. I wouldn't keeper my character or ctrl-8 it though (not anymore at least), if only because I don't exactly need a 100+ roll, or really, short of druid dual shennanigans, anything over 93-94.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Ctrl+8 is my friend. No, it's not cheating, it's stickin' it to the RNG Gods! Curse you RNG Gods!
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I wish I'd not be so strict with myself. Whenever I ctrl+8 a character it's either to test something, or I get restartitis after the initial area. Can't say why, though.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2016
    Maybe try the lottery. Your luck must be somewhere :)

Anyway if you want a rolled character instead of an edited one you may try the EE Autoroller
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    To my mind if you actually rolled it then it's no harm to recreate them with EEKeeper.
    :smiley:

Never did play the lottery. Maybe I should. (and perhaps use the first six /values on strength that fit?)
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Would definitely go full Kylo Ren mode.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Roll till you get another 100+ character.
    That's what my OCD said and what I'm currently trying to do! ;)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    1. 31. CAPS LOCK CTRL+8 is cruise control for cool.
    Or go for the font size. That's the obvious and intelligent option. Larger font means bigger numbers.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I would became a super criminal like Joker
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    :wink:

101.png 624.6K
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Yulaw9460 said:

Daevelon said:

I would became a super criminal like Joker

Are you... ssssseriousssssah?
    Yep. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    The world would burn for such an insult.
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I probably wouldn't care. I don't like rolling of more than 20 seconds.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I rolled past a 90 the other day, but I got an 89 shortly thereafter. Despite my poll answer I didn't edit my character in EE Keeper because one point wasn't that big a deal to me.

If I rolled past 100+ though? I'd totally edit it in.
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    cry. enough said
  • AllerozAlleroz Member Posts: 13
    Is there any way I can use NI to edit the chances of getting a 90+ ? I don't accept creating a character with less than 90 so sometimes I have to keep rolling for a really long time, and adjust it so a 90+ appears faster would be ideal for me.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Alleroz said:

Is there any way I can use NI to edit the chances of getting a 90+ ? I don't accept creating a character with less than 90 so sometimes I have to keep rolling for a really long time, and adjust it so a 90+ appears faster would be ideal for me.

You can set the class minimums stats to really high levels, thus making sure to roll at least decently.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The game is teaching you a lesson.

Slow down. If life moves by too fast and you are bound to miss some great things that may never be repeated.

(and over powered characters I find boring. I usually put a mid 80s limit on my characters)
  • znancekivellznancekivell Member Posts: 58
    I would most likely faint from shock. I've never rolled a single 100+, let alone what I would do with two of them! Perish the thought...
  • TelcontarTelcontar Member Posts: 12
    i refused to do ctrl + 8, and spent couple of days rolling until I got 97 for my Dragon Disciple and same score for my Berserker.
    P.S. I have never rolled anything higher than 97. Maybe once 98 on old BG1Tutu some 12-14 years ago.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Swear loudly each time I miss it. By the second time Id be smashing mah face on the table. I die a little when I miss 94-> lol
  • FeilakasFeilakas Member Posts: 49
    decado said:

To my mind if you actually rolled it then it's no harm to recreate them with EEKeeper.

This exactly.

Using Ctrl+8 is cheating 'cause you get sth with no effort.
    However if you DID roll a 100 and missed it then you did get it. Just complete the character, export him/her, edit the stats to where you would have adjusted them had you not missed the roll and that is it.

I had that happen to me with two 90s and an 89, thankfully I then rolled a 93 before I could get really upset. :tongue:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.