Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    I tried with a spell a while ago, like pre-1.3, maybe I just messed up though. I'll have to try again, thanks.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Ranger/mage!! I can't wait to try this out next time I have free time!!

*celebrates by doing the "ranger/mage dance" in a bowl of mashed potatoes

Anyways, I can just add pips via shadowkeeper. I am guessing that there is a way to add APR via shadowkeeper as well?

Thanks, @subtledoctor. I'm really looking forward to this.
    mashedtaters
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Hello I've installed M&G recently and i noticed that picking a warrior feat in the streets of Athkatla was considered a "use of magical energy" and got me a visit/warning from the Cowled Enforcers. Not sure where the fault lies in the chain of SPL and EFFs...
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    lansounet said:

Hello I've installed M&G recently and i noticed that picking a warrior feat in the streets of Athkatla was considered a "use of magical energy" and got me a visit/warning from the Cowled Enforcers. Not sure where the fault lies in the chain of SPL and EFFs...

The warrior feats are probably considered "magical" or have "magical" effects. They probably need to be changed to "nonmagical".

lansounet said:

The warrior feats are probably considered "magical" or have "magical" effects. They probably need to be changed to "nonmagical".
    I realize that, I'm just saying it here so subtledoctor, who surely knows his files more than anyone, can look it up and find the culprit(s).
    A future fix may to switch them to be "innate" in the background and then cause them to be nonmagical. DLTCEP allows one to change that fairly easily (although there's probably a lot to change). I don't know how the Athkatla wizard police detect "spells", but maybe that'd fix it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hmmm. That's unfortunate.
    @subletdoctor

Sounds simpler and less bug-prone to just update he readme to inform the players to only select the feats indoors when in athkatla without a magic using license.
    People read readmes before installing mods? :D

Have you considered asking for a subforum on like G3 or SHS for all the mods you spawned with others (SoB M&G T&B F&P) that I assume kinda go together and are strictly uncompatible design-wise with other rule-changing mods like Demivrgvs' revisions?

• toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    Some are a pet peeves of mine, and what may be a bug in the Loresinger of Milil:
    1)When he sings he gets the Chant icon instead of the typical Bard Song icon. Now, I know the description says his bard song has the effects of chant but at the same time its not a true chant spell since it upgrades and gets other effects. My pet peeve is that its inconsistent with default bard kits who get the same icon despite songs having different effects, like the Skald and the Jester.

2)"Reduced pickpocketing ability" is not very descriptive. Default bard kits tell you how much they lose, half, one quarter, etc. It gets more confusing because he starts with the same Pickpocketing skill than a regular Bard. Is it a bug or does the skill level up more slowly?, again inconsistent with default descriptions and a bit confusing.
    edited April 2016

Honestly this never occurred to me. I would be pretty nice to have space for different threads, one for bugs, one for ideas, one for readme info, etc...

That's what I was thinking about, a single thread for mod feedback / bug reports / design question is quite bad. Dividing in several threads in a subforum would be really great

Other than tihat, every mod I work on is dedigned to work *with* SR and IR.

Alright I stand corrected, I thought they modified too much of the same things.
    I second the idea to ask for a subforum from SHS. G3 might do it to, although they may require you to use their automatic un-zip-installer.
    mashedtaters
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83

Beastmaster revision only gets the additional weapons, no shapeshift or summon spirit wolf.

Fixed! :)

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Might_and_Guile/releases/tag/2.3.1
    Sweet! A follow up question tho, what stats does the shapeshift use? is it the same as the druid or have you modified it?
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    So I made Voghiln a sniper with EEKeeper both to get rid of Safana and to try out one of the Might and Guile thief kits. I think this kit could stand to get a nerf. Is it really right for a thief kit to be as good at ranged DPS as an archer? He does almost as much damage as Corwin, and with significantly better thac0.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2016
    The called shots are very nice, though I am boring and use hammer shot 99% of the time because more damage is always the most reliable.

Or maybe the thac0 is Might and Guile interfacing with Rogue Rebalancing in a very undesirable/unbalanced way? Currently Corwin's thac0 is 0 and Voghiln's is -2. Their base thac0s are both 14, the same as my paladin MC. This might be because Voghiln is level 11 and Corwin and my paladin are level 8. Rangers and paladins level up very slowly.
    edited April 2016
    Voghiln is supposed to be a bard. However, Safana also has 14 base thac0 and I never did anything to her class.
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83

How does a thief kit get significantly better thac0 than a ranger? Isn't Corwin an Archer?

Also, note that the Sniper should not be getting ranged damage bonuses, only thac0.

Actully, both ingame description and in the readme, it says that the Sniper gets +1 to hit and damage. But maybe thats just a tooltip slip up?

oh, and yes, poison weapon works in meele aswell as ranged. Don't really see that as a problem for the sniper tho
    mashedtaters
    Yeah, the missile adjustment for Voghlin is +6 at level 11, so snipers get the same thac0 adjustment as an archer but they level faster.