Skip to content

v2.1 Update - Release Notes Attached

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
Today we're pleased to bring you v2.1, which includes a number of fixes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. The full release notes are linked below, but here are the highlights:

- Difficulty options should now be preserved across saved games
- Using cloud saves should no longer cause game crashes in multiplayer
- Multiplayer in general should be more stable

We still have a few lingering issues to fix regarding multiplayer, as well as other areas of the game that need some more polish; those things will be addressed in one of our upcoming updates. In the meantime, enjoy this first batch of fixes!

Release Notes
Flashburnmf2112JarrakulbleusteelGenderNihilismGirdlecmk24JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]kanisatha

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited April 2016
    I just started SOD and I am clicking Apply update but nothing is happening.... :( You guys are terrible, I want a refund on the patch.... :) Okay, now it is working :dizzy:

Okay, version 2.1.63.2. I updated all three games, but the SOD patch seemed larger, does it update BG1 as well or does BG1 still need to be patched separately @Dee ?
    Post edited by mf2112 on
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited April 2016
    mf2112 said:

I just started SOD and I am clicking Apply update but nothing is happening.... :( You guys are terrible, I want a refund on the patch.... :) Okay, now it is working :dizzy:

Okay, version 2.1.63.2. I updated all three games, but the SOD patch seemed larger, does it update BG1 as well or does BG1 still need to be patched separately @Dee ?

What a schmashmortion of a post.
    Smaug said:

mf2112 said:

What a schmashmortion of a post.
    Indeed. :) Just home split screening the forum with work, getting ready for a 4 four upgrade process tonight so I am relieved this hit first. Thanks BD!
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Does that mean the new UI isn't coming to BG2:EE in this patch ?
    edited April 2016

Says it is in there in the release notes.

Multiplayer

Actually there are quite a few multiplayer fixes listed in there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @typo_tilly Considering how the save game works in the Infinity Engine some people may have bugged zones/creatures/objects in their saves. The only solution in this case is starting a new game.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited April 2016
    Sounds in the inventory already aren't restored in SoD's UI...
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited April 2016
    How do I patch SoD? I patched BG 1 though the launcher, and same goes for BG 2, but there is no option to patch for SoD. I have 2.062 version of it.

PS. And 2.163 version of BG
    Post edited by helmo1977 on
  • clos4lifeclos4life Member Posts: 26
    I see the major bug involving M'Khiin being unable to level up still hasn't being resolved. Any plans on fixing it?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/747763#Comment_747763
    edited April 2016
    Please, how can I patch SoD? I cant find any way to do it. I have version 2.062 of SoD

PS. What SoD version are we suppoused to have now that a patch is out?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2016

How can you release a game for sale [ $45 ] while a major component is broken.

The same way they that they did in 1998.
    Post edited by Fardragon on
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    clos4life said:

I see the major bug involving M'Khiin being unable to level up still hasn't being resolved. Any plans on fixing it?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/747763#Comment_747763

That bug is due to corrupted files, there is nothing to fix.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    If I want to retain all my BG2Tweaks changes what folders to I need to make a backup of and then copy back in after the update?

I assume both cdtweaks and override. Are there any other files/folders that would need to be backed up?

(I've posted this elsewhere but thought this would be a better place - so apologies for cluttering)
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    @decado

Backing up and copying back is likely to cause trouble. Do not go this.

If you only use BG 2 Tweaks the fasted thing would be to copy Weidu.log to see what components you have installed and reinstall them after the update.

You could also try this approach http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17555.0 but for just one mod it is probably ov@decado
    moody_magemf2112
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    edited April 2016

Multiplayer

Frustration - the feeling of being upset or annoyed, especially because of inability to change or achieve something.

Example - Not being able to play the game in the manner in which I l would like to play it, id est, generating four permanent companions in multiplayer and adding npc's as I adventure.

I can't start a run, the game crashes after entering the inn at Candlekeep,

@Vermicious_Knid
    You can generate a party in *single player* with as many custom NPCs as you like, this was implemented in 2.0.
    JuliusBorisovkotekocmk24
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited April 2016
    Hopefully this wording from the patch notes is incorrect. This is the exact opposite of what people would want:
    Story Mode and Nightmare mode will no longer not activate and deactivate randomly (21651
    Emphasis added by me.
  • NomphosumusNomphosumus Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    Yes patch... give me patch, give me, give me.... *He puts the neddle in the arm and injects the sustance in him* ... more... more patching... more....

So glad to know that the first critical patching is already here, the gaming experience will be improved now :)

If I did the counting well this patch already cover almost a third of all related issues... so I guess more patchs are in the way for sure. But at least now most of the critical bugs are gone :D
    mf2112 said:

Says it is in there in the release notes.
    I can't see it, I only see bug fixes, did I miss some part of the release notes?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @GrimLefourbe It was misfiled under Engine Fixes; 22154 is the number to search for.
    @Dee Oh right, thanks, BG2EE is still missing the voices from BG1EE though :(
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    I'm having the issue where whenever I save a game in multiplayer mode, it crashes.
    El_Chimpo
    edited April 2016
    Please, is there any way to manually patch SoD? Because the game doesnt patch itself and there is no game launcher (as I have for BG EE and BG 2 EE) that says "Apply Update".

PS. Ok, no problem, I had to start the beamdgo client again
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Please add an option to toggle between the old and new tooltip/conversation. The new tooltip removes the cinematic feeling of baldurs gate, esp. in cutscenes.
    Arndas
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Thanks for this, @Dee !! Can't wait to see what else comes next.
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Many thanks Dee! Regarding the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty mode issue, do I need to start a new game to make sure things work correctly, or can I just continue from the latest save I had in LoB mode?
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    @Dee

Does the Neera quest fix only work if you haven't given her all 5 items yet? I gave her all five items while she was out of the party but the quest never closed. I've tried talking to her after downloading the patch and she still doesn't recognize that I turned them all in :( I also never got the journal entry stating that I handed in all 5 items...most recent journal entry just said I had "procured" the turnip juice, even though I had given it to her already.
  • ManBearPigManBearPig Member Posts: 34
    Kogorn said:

@Dee

Does the Neera quest fix only work if you haven't given her all 5 items yet? I gave her all five items while she was out of the party but the quest never closed. I've tried talking to her after downloading the patch and she still doesn't recognize that I turned them all in :( I also never got the journal entry stating that I handed in all 5 items...most recent journal entry just said I had "procured" the turnip juice, even though I had given it to her already.

Having the exact same issue.

• ArndasArndas Member Posts: 42
    @Illustair That would be great, I really hope it is possible.
This discussion has been closed.