Skip to content

Imoen (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    @Permidion_Stark I also wanted to travel with Imoen but some of the Safana banters are interesting. I especially liked an early one between Dynaheir and Safana

that involved a entendre where Safana wondered out loud if she really was her mother's child

I'm including @Amber_Scott and @AndrewFoley just in case either of them wrote that banter.

Glint was meh. Not great, not terrible. I probably had my expectations set too high because I wanted Jan as a cleric-thief. Better than Branwen tho.
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    KhalDrogo said:

@Camus34

In the end of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition I got 250 000 Gold
    In the end of Siege of Dragonspear I got the same amount
    Right now in Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition I have 0 gold, because I'm beginning the game with Caelar voice and portrait for my female Paladin.

Your point?
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    @Camus34

You don't need to cheat for being rich in BG. You just have to sell everything especially when you have a good charisme.
    illathid
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

@Permidion_Stark I also wanted to travel with Imoen but some of the Safana banters are interesting. I especially liked an early one between Dynaheir and Safana

that involved a entendre where Safana wondered out loud if she really was her mother's child

I'm including @Amber_Scott and @AndrewFoley just in case either of them wrote that banter.

Glint was meh. Not great, not terrible. I probably had my expectations set too high because I wanted Jan as a cleric-thief. Better than Branwen tho.
    My complaint really isn't about Safana or the quality of the writing (I haven't played SoD yet so I am in no position to judge); my complaint is about the fact that I am not allowed to choose whether I have Imoen in my party. If you are making a fan mod and you don't like Imoen then fine leave her out. But if you are selling a product using the Baldur's Gate name and passing it off as an expansion to Baldur's Gate then you should recognise that Imoen is an integral character and she should be available as a companion to the CHARNAME.

I suppose the truth is I was hoping that SoD would be an expansion to BG1 but it is not: it is an expansion to BG:EE. And there is a big difference.
    Camus34killerrabbitChiren
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    KhalDrogo said:

@Camus34

You don't need to cheat for being rich in BG. You just have to sell everything especially when you have a good charisme.

That's irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that the story reason for taking away ones gold is silly, and forced, moreover, if one wants the gold one had at the end of BG:EE at the start of SOD, then there is no other way to get it than to cheat.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Camus34 said:

KhalDrogo said:

@Camus34

That's irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that the story reason for taking away ones gold is silly, and forced, moreover, if one wants the gold one had at the end of BG:EE at the start of SOD, then there is no other way to get it than to cheat.
    It's silly but it's fun quest. By the time you reach this level gold should really not be too much a problem anyways.
    mf2112KhalDrogokillerrabbit
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Imoen is a joinable NPC for your party...

... at the end of the game. :P
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

I'm including @Amber_Scott and @AndrewFoley just in case either of them wrote that banter

One of us certainly did. Off the top of my head I'm not sure which one it was.

In any event, I'm glad to hear you liked it.

killerrabbit
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265

Well, that's me depressed.

So was I. Especially after they even managed to bring back Melissa to voice her. That's just so much possibility wasted. :(
    Permidion_Stark
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    Of course, if they've already brought Melissa in for SoD, maybe they could talk her into coming back for some extra lines in BG2EE? Maybe? Huh? Possibly?
    Permidion_Stark
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Calemyr said:

Of course, if they've already brought Melissa in for SoD, maybe they could talk her into coming back for some extra lines in BG2EE? Maybe? Huh? Possibly?

We can live in hope. But I'm not holding my breath.
  • ChirenChiren Member Posts: 6
    Baldur's Gate without Imoen is like unicorn without horn. Long i've been lingering to face "Siegie of Dragonspear"; i've been afraid it'll dissappoint me. And I was right. This game don't deserve the be one of Baldur's Gate saga. If only Imoen would be available as a party member - just for a one, two chapters at least - I'd accept other defects, but THAT i will never reconcile with, and I'll never forgive it. And none of explanations is sufficent. Retraining into mage? There was a lot of time for that. Guarantee she''ll be alive at the end? So, what about other party members captured by Irenicus? No,Imoen's absence cannot be acceptable. In "Shadows of Amn", her capture has sense; it was the only incentive forcing player to follow the main plot - if only player has a little bit of decency. I've been afaid of her fate in SoA and Tob, but here, I'm just missing her, ant it's effectively killing my enjoy the gameplay. I love Imoen; I play Baldur's Gate mostly to spend some time with my best friend, no matter if she is powerfull mage already or not. So as every real BG fan, i'm sure .If SoD creators wasn't able to recognize this fact and appreciate Imoen, the could make their own game, not supported by BG reputation.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I'll use this thread to shamelessly promote another tweak that will be added to my SoD Tweakpack soon. It is working locally: "Imoen remains in the Group in Korlasz's Dungeon"

The tweak's content is simple: if Imoen was in your party in BG:EE, she will also be in the beginning of SoD. Up until the point where the actual SoD campaign starts.
    The reasons she will not join afterwards are ingame, because the poison still takes it's toll* so she is in no shape to accompany you. Outgamish, the reason is that this tweak was not meant to become a full-fledged NPC mod, but a little tweak to soften the cut between BG:EE ending and finding oneself in the first SoD dungeon. I myself never liked the idea of weeks passing in between with Imoen leaving the group etcpp but still hunting Sarevok's minions. I prefer the actual cut to be after Sarevok and his minions are done.

*This idea was posted here on the forums somewhere. If you know who posted it or if it was you, please let me know so I can put the name into the credits.

StummvonBordwehrPermidion_StarkTimbo0o0o0Dapifer
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Hah, this thread cracks me up. My current character has dumped Imoen as fast as possible after leaving Candlekeep. The clingy @#$%. Only reason to be invested in going after Caelar or into spellhold is pure sweet revenge.