Skip to content

Should 'SOD Characters' be a DLC for Baldur's Gate 2?

Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
  1. Should 'SOD Characters' be a DLC for Baldur's Gate 2?284 votes
    1. Yes
      78.17%
    2. No
      13.73%
    3. Other (Explain)
        8.10%

Comments

• Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    edited April 2016
    I'm biased towards Corwin, I rather liked her character, and I found her to be a very deadly archer. So I'd like to see her somehow return. I did not really care for the other SOD characters.
    killerrabbitRathenau

Uh, why does it have to be DLC? Nobody wants to PAY for this.

DLC means downloadable content, it does not imply that one must pay for it. The Wicther 3 is the salient case when it comes to free DLC. In fact, free content could possibly help Beamdog with their PR nightmare.
    SikorskyGeronjustfeelinathome
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    I don't see all of them being available.

Corwin for example wouldn't leave her daughter to go to another country to fight for someone she despises.
    Fardragonsarevok57
    edited April 2016

Corwin for example wouldn't leave her daughter to go to another country to fight for someone she despises.
    Well she does not despise every player character. They needn't keep her out completely. Player character could send her a message and she could respond etc.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i said yes but i don't like the wording of the question, personally i hate questions that sound like they are demanding, i have seen loads of gaming communities suffer because of demanding players.

i would love to have these characters in the game but im not going to demand that they put them in
    TaylorTwerk
    edited April 2016
    N/M
    Camus34 said:

i said yes but i don't like the wording of the question, personally i hate questions that sound like they are demanding, i have seen loads of gaming communities suffer because of demanding players.

i would love to have these characters in the game but im not going to demand that they put them in

How is a question asking for opinions demanding? lol Demanding is more in the form of "I want thing A."

• ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81

Maybe her daughter could go missing leading her to Amn, load of ways it can be written into the story.

I would like to see some of the new NPCs in BG2 and wouldn't be against paying for it if new side quests, areas, voice acting etc is added with it if the price is reasonable (and will help fund a possible bg3!)

Camus34illathidkoteko
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited April 2016
    I'd love to see the SoD characters in BG2 as long as it doesn't feel 'forced'. If they have a good reason to be there, fine. Otherwise, as much as I like the characters themselves, please don't.

Edit: Probably should've picked Other instead of Yes.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    @Mrpenfold666, I'm also kinda confused as to how you could see this poll as being demanding. The developers have said on this forum that they're willing to consider including some of the SoD npcs in BG2, depending on how much interest there is for them. They haven't specified what level of interest or how exactly we should express it though, so in that context a poll seems like a decent enough way of measuring how much support the idea has.

Personally I want as many new npcs in BG2 as possible, since even with the EEs there's still a fairly limited choice for party formation compared to BG1. An archer, cleric/thief, shaman and a proper bard would help a lot, if they can find believable ways to write them in (though I accept in some cases it'd be tricky, in fact the way I see it everyone except Glint has a very good reason not to be in BG2).
    Camus34illathid
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    I'd be cool with a patch too.
  • StoibsStoibs Member Posts: 66
    DLC is such a dirty word in regards to the video game industry these days.
    No I wouldn't like to see them being nickel and dimed for 99c each on the steam store.

Would I like to see them either patched in or supplied as an official dev-created optional mod pack? Absolutely.

Wording of the poll is just suspect.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I don't think they should add Corwin, Baeloth, or Voghlin: they have reasons not to be in Amn.

Glint isn't particularly interesting, but he is a good aligned thief so he would fill a gap in BG2.

M'khinn is awesome, and I would definitely like more. If they combined her with some shamanistic content, including a stronghold quest, they might have something they could charge a couple of £/$ for.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I really liked M'khinn. A very different character that I enjoyed a lot.

Corwin was a nice addition as an Archer as well.

Still miss a NPC sorcerer for BG2. A neutral one that would fit any party would be awesome (even though I love Baeloth).
    Camus34
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I vote "yes", since that way no-one can complain about something being "forced" on their game; Don't get me wrong: I would absolutely download them (can't say I have an opinion on Volghin yet), and be happy to pay a couple of bucks for each (happier still if this came for free).

Since I am always for giving the player more options, I think individual DLC - free of charge or paid, thats up to the DEVs - would be the best rout Beamdog could take.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    The Baldur's Gate + DLC. No. Just...no. Lets not EA'ify Baldur's Gate.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Stoibs said:

DLC is such a dirty word in regards to the video game industry these days.
    No I wouldn't like to see them being nickel and dimed for 99c each on the steam store.

Would I like to see them either patched in or supplied as an official dev-created optional mod pack? Absolutely.

Wording of the poll is just suspect.

Yeah, because people shouldn't be paid for the work they do. :expressionless:
    Rawgrim said:

The Baldur's Gate + DLC. No. Just...no. Lets not EA'ify Baldur's Gate.

There's no meaningful difference between DLC and an expansion except delivery method.
    rorikonAyiekie
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    If/when any of them come to BG2 it 'should' be in a patch, as standard, after they've heavily patched SoD.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Danathion said:

If/when any of them come to BG2 it 'should' be in a patch, as standard, after they've heavily patched SoD.

Because people need free stuff and devs don't need to eat.
    illathidkotekoAyiekieNepenthe
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'd even be willing to pay for such a thing but it shouldn't cost near as much as Siege
  • grepher84grepher84 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, please. Bring Glint to Amn, I really like him, he is such a fun character.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    Bring Schael Corwin, Voghlin and Caelar Argent !!!!
    KhalDrogo said:

Bring Schael Corwin, Voghlin and Caelar Argent !!!!

Can Caelar live? Because she most certainly died in my game, and her corpse is locked away in the nine hells. Which is sort of like super dead. lol
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Fardragon said:

Danathion said:

Because people need free stuff and devs don't need to eat.
    I've bought BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE directly from Beamdog, on steam and iOS. I've bought the DLC in game on iOS. I've bought SoD directly from Beamdog and will, more than likely, buy it on iOS. *If* those NPCs are included in their expansion of BG2EE I'll pay for them when I buy it too.

One good turn deserves another. Give and take. etc, etc, etc.

I don't need any lectures.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016

Uh, why does it have to be DLC? Nobody wants to PAY for this.

Yes, God forbid, that some of us (clearly not you) want to support the devs by throwing $5.99 their way for the SoD characters, new quests attached to them, possible romances, etc.

I personally would LOVE to see a Caelar quest chain, starting with rescuing her from Avernus via the Spell Sphere, a possible romance, and culminating in a self-examination of her actions (with you being the "maker" or "breaker" of her character, based on your responses) in ToB. I'd pay $5.99 for that alone, but I'd expect it to be VERY well done.
    Post edited by rapsam2003 on
    illathid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovGozeta
This discussion has been closed.