Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• IldunIldun Member Posts: 34
    Troodon80 said:

@Ildun,

Did you download the latest version I posted yesterday?

Thanks you, sorry that I thought my ee keeper is the latest version
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @argent77,
    argent77 said:

@Troodon80 I've noticed an issue with multiplayer SoD savegames. The folder "mpsodsave" or its content doesn't appear to be detected when enabling the "Siege of Dragonspear" and "Multiplayer Games" checkboxes.

Fixed.
    argent77 said:

Maybe you could expand the campaign checkbox a bit:

Added (and pulled the text from the NAME column for localisation).
    Ildun said:

Thanks you, sorry that I thought my ee keeper is the latest version

@Ildun, just thought I'd let you know that I have updated again. :-)
  • AmmellisanAmmellisan Member Posts: 19
    guess the issue with the avatar\paperdolls is caused by patch 2.0 then because even new paperdolls revert to the myconid even though i just changed them, shame, patch seems to have ruined more than it fixed, thanks for the quick comment :)
  • IldunIldun Member Posts: 34
    Troodon80 said:

@Ildun, just thought I'd let you know that I have updated again. :-)

Thanks for quick update :smiley:
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Works great! I couldn't find any more issues in v1.0.3.4. :+1:

(You could probably pull the campaign names from the localized dialog.tlk, but that issue is irrelevant as long as Beamdog doesn't provide translations for the SoD expansion.)
    @argent77, the text is pulled from the TLK via the strref under the NAME column in CAMPAIGN.2DA (i.e. 44685 for Siege of Dragonspear). If the user selects something other than English in the language settings (in EE Keeper) it would pull that as appropriate. :-)
    It didn't work for me. When I changed EE Keeper language to french it still pulled the english campaign name from the game (I manually translated it into a non-english string beforehand to see a difference).
    @argent77, what did you translate? And did you switch the UI language or the game language? (the two are different as I don't have translations for each of the languages that BG:EE is available in)
    My mistake. I've only switched the UI Language. Switching game language returns the correct campaign name.
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2016
    Keeps crashing for me.

I can see my save games just fine too...
    @Aethernaut, at what point does it crash? Initial launch? Attempting to open a save game?
  • poejjaferspoejjafers Member Posts: 33
    @Troodon80

Mine crashes attempting to open a save game
    Attached is the message:

edited April 2016
    Troodon80 said:

@Aethernaut, at what point does it crash? Initial launch? Attempting to open a save game?

Program opens up fine.

As per Poejjafer's screenshot above.

I have set the installation and save game directories/paths up fine and can navigate to the save games via the icon in the ui, it just refuses to open any of my save games and gives me the exact same message as above.

Save game editor for enhanced edition infinity engine game has stopped working...
    @Aethernaut @poejjafers, are either of you using mods? Can you zip and attach a save game?
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    When I uncheck spells limit (under the Misc.) and put to Chromatic Orb 8 memorizations,
    mage does not have 8 Chromatic orbs in the game. As if spell limit still applies but I did uncheck it.

How to get, for example, more remembered spells?

@danmon, you won't be able to memorise past the slot limit. As an example: if your mage has 8 slots and you have 4 Magic Missile slots, then you won't be able to memorise 8 Chromatic Orb slots. The game will reduce that to 4 of each. What you could do is add a spell slot modifier (opcode/type 42) under the Effects tab.
    @poejjafers, does the crash occur when pressing the Open button on the toolbar, or when pressing OK in the save game list?

If you have a lang folder, can you try deleting it (or updating it if you didn't do so previously) and restart Keeper?
    @Troodon80

It crashes on the "ok" button after selecting the save game.

Deleting the language folder didn't change anything.

How do you update it?
    Troodon80 said:

@Aethernaut @poejjafers, are either of you using mods? Can you zip and attach a save game?

@Troodon80

Sure, here's my save game. No mods either as far as I know.
    @poejjafers @Aethernaut,

That's really strange. Works fine on my end. You're both using 1.0.3.4, I assume?
    Yeah, latest version. :)

Thanks for taking a look in any case, it's appreciated.

edited April 2016
    Troodon80 said:

@danmon, you won't be able to memorise past the slot limit. As an example: if your mage has 8 slots and you have 4 Magic Missile slots, then you won't be able to memorise 8 Chromatic Orb slots. The game will reduce that to 4 of each. What you could do is add a spell slot modifier (opcode/type 42) under the Effects tab.

Thanks for the info.
    I'm not sure but I think that in old Shadowkeeper, unchecking the limit lets you put as many spells as you initialize. Does spell's slot system get modified/overhauled in EE?

Could you tell me where is this opcode/type 42 ?
    Effects tab is unordered list and I probably overlooked it but I couldn't find it.
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    so far i'm having great luck with the latest version, thank you for keeping this wonderful tool up to date! ^3^
    @danmon, on the Effects tab press Add. It will open up a new window with which to make any adjustments to the new effect. For 'Type' simply type in 42, it'll find the effect without you needing to hunt through the list. Instructions on using the effect are in the panel to the right in the same editor window. If you need any other help, let me know and I'll get the full step by step details on adding more spell slots. :-)
    @Troodon80

Yes, I'm using the latest version 1.0.3.4.

Is there any way I can provide more data to you?

Thanks for taking the time with our problem
    @Aethernaut @poejjafers,

Did either of you use the previous version or did you start with 1.0.3.3/4?
    @Troodon80

I was using 1.0.3.2 for my BG 1EE and SOD run.

After I imported the SOD character into BG2EE I found EE keeper couldn't recognise a few items, so I downloaded 1.0.3.4
    edited May 2016
    Troodon80 said:

on the Effects tab press Add. It will open up a new window with which to make any adjustments to the new effect. For 'Type' simply type in 42, it'll find the effect without you needing to hunt through the list. Instructions on using the effect are in the panel to the right in the same editor window. If you need any other help, let me know and I'll get the full step by step details on adding more spell slots. :-)

1. Could you point me what is equation behind the slot modifier and spell level ?
    2. For example, if I initialize slot modifier = 5, how many slots are avaiable ?
    3. I saw that spell levels are powers of 2. What happens if the spell level is 64 ?
    4. When I scroll down in opcode 42, it says 'statistic modifier'. What is 'statistic modifier' ?
    Thank you!

Post edited by wildfire on
  • SchnookSchnook Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem as the guys who are experiencing crashes.If you set the save data directory to the save folder instead of it's parent \Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\ it's possible to click OK without crashing. Save games are hidden unless you enable the "Use custom save game" checkbox but even when you can see your save games opening them still causes EE keeper to crash.