Skip to content

What, in your HUMBLE opinion, would you like to see Beamdog take on next?

Comments

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    PS:T is pretty playable these days (it doesn't become less playable), but:

The widescreen mod doesn't interact well with it. It doesn't center the UI the way it does for the BGs and IWDs.

I am also not a fan of the right-click menu since in the other IE games that's used to orient your party.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    For me the widescreen mod sometimes caused PS: T to crash when I entered small buildings. Not sometimes but every time I entered the galleria in Clerk's Ward. I had to give up on the mod for Torment. :disappointed:
    Ah, good to know.
  • ZilchkZilchk Member Posts: 46
    shawne said:

Zilchk said:

BG2 is far from complete we don't know who Umbral Accord are or what's up with Dennaton's master and Baeloth. A Terrasque was mentioned yet we couldn't fight it. They need a Terrasque monster asset for PST:EE too.

Actually, the subplot with Dennaton's master is resolved in Neera's ToB content.

It's Szass Tam.
    Yeah right but Baeloth is still up to no good.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    IWD 2 :EE, Finish the job for christ sake...
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2016
    dib said:

Isn't the team chummy with Chris Provolone? *-) I don't think many would protest if he wrote anything else into a PST:EE. :)

Is that Avellone's cheese loving cousin? I don't think anyone want's his stinky additions to the game.
    I think Torment is the only game where you can buy cheese off a merchant or find it in a dungeon. I suspect this might have been Provolone's work. :smile:
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited May 2016
    1/ A new game (3d iso & 3.5e)
    2/ NWN2 EE
    3/ Spellforce Platinum EE ^^
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
    illathid said:

The thing about IWD2 is this: the EEs are, to a great degree, about officially getting BG1 and IWD into the superior BG2:TOB engine. And yes, updating that engine as well. But, IWD2's engine is newer and better than the TOB engine. So, part of that idea doesn't make sense.

IWD2 is actually perfectly playable right now, without any Enhancing. So are NWN and NWN2. PS:T, on the other hand, has a UI that has aged worse than any of these games. It's pretty unplayable these days. It needs someone to step up and save it! So, I nominate Beamdog.

I'd go so far to say that the PST UI was awful at release and has only gotten worse with age. I hope if a PST:EE gets made the burn the original UI to the ground and start over from scratch.
    How exactly does it get worse when it hasn't changed...?
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited April 2016
    illathid said:

I'd go so far to say that the PST UI was awful at release and has only gotten worse with age. I hope if a PST:EE gets made the burn the original UI to the ground and start over from scratch.

And I'd say you are completely wrong in that it needs "new UI from scratch". Apply the widescreen mod and the UI of PS:T is excellent. In other words: Scalable interface like that in BG(1 or 2)EE version 1.3 is more than enough.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    IWD2 had terrible performance of some PC configurations (mine included), so I would look forward for EE to fix it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited April 2016

If BG2 is revered, PST is sacred. A lot of people liked the additions made in the BGEE 1.3 interface... but changing PST's interface seems like a bad idea unless it's entirely optional. People would complain if the interface was changed.

Journal UI would benefit slight overhaul IMO.
    "Must updated/overhauled my jounal."
    Post edited by brus on
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

illathid said:

The thing about IWD2 is this: the EEs are, to a great degree, about officially getting BG1 and IWD into the superior BG2:TOB engine. And yes, updating that engine as well. But, IWD2's engine is newer and better than the TOB engine. So, part of that idea doesn't make sense.

IWD2 is actually perfectly playable right now, without any Enhancing. So are NWN and NWN2. PS:T, on the other hand, has a UI that has aged worse than any of these games. It's pretty unplayable these days. It needs someone to step up and save it! So, I nominate Beamdog.

How exactly does it get worse when it hasn't changed...?
    It gets worse by comparison to better made UIs out there. ;)

illathid said:

And I'd say you are completely wrong in that it needs "new UI from scratch". Apply the widescreen mod and the UI of PS:T is excellent. In other words: Scalable interface like that in BG(1 or 2)EE version 1.3 is more than enough.
    Yeah, no. Even with the widescreen mod the PST UI is hands down the worst RPG UI I've ever used.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    illathid said:

Yeah, no. Even with the widescreen mod the PST UI is hands down the worst RPG UI I've ever used.

It must be bad. I'm currently picturing the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind UI, and I'm having a hard time thinking of something worse and uglier than that.

• kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    A completely another adventure in Faerun with AD&D2 edition.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I almost put "something else" because really I want them to do a BG2EE update that lets us use some of the SoD companions before putting out BG3, but I don't think BG2 needs another expansion of story content aside from maybe adding companion-related quests (and a Shaman stronghold) to BG2 proper along with adding the new companions. There's no room between SoA and ToB for an expansion's worth of story content IMHO, so I wouldn't phrase what I want to see before BG3 as an "expansion" exactly. More of an update.

So BG3 is my vote, even though I'd really like to see M'Khiin in BG2EE before that (and really, I want to see PSTEE too but I already got my old school copy off of GOG.com that works just fine so I can wait patiently for the EE to come out).
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Something set in Kara Tur would be excellent. Enhanced IE with 2e or a new engine with 5e...either would be fine by me (the latter obviously being a rather huge undertaking).
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975

illathid said:

It must be bad. I'm currently picturing the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind UI, and I'm having a hard time thinking of something worse and uglier than that.
    Clearly BOTH of you have never played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. :smile:

edited April 2016
    Illathid said:

Why do you keep playing these games you obviously loathe? And why can't you accept and respect that others want to see the games enhanced, not altered beyond recognition?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @fkirenicus, your argument seems to be founded on the idea that if a game is good, that must mean it's good in every possible way. Now, you can disagree with people about what they like or don't like about the game, and you can disagree about what the proper role of the Enhanced Editions should be, but right now you're suggesting that to be a fan of something, you have to consider it above criticism. And that's ridiculous.
    edited April 2016
    Jarrakul said:

@fkirenicus, your argument seems to be founded on the idea that if a game is good, that must mean it's good in every possible way. Now, you can disagree with people about what they like or don't like about the game, and you can disagree about what the proper role of the Enhanced Editions should be, but right now you're suggesting that to be a fan of something, you have to consider it above criticism. And that's ridiculous.

On the contrary. That's what the dudes that go "criticizing the EE is an attempt to drag Beamdog down" say. And when someone says "I liked the old version better" that's "whining".
    Now, I only fight fire with fire. I'm fed up with people who think any change is for the better - even if it breaks both gameplay and immersion - and call those who prefer the old version " whiners", and call their want for changes to perfectly working games "whining".
    Post edited by fkirenicus on
    But you just quoted someone's dislike of one aspect of the game, and used that to conclude that the poster hates the game. I understand your frustration, but you're doing the thing you're accusing others of doing.

Illathid said:

Why do you keep playing these games you obviously loathe? And why can't you accept and respect that others want to see the games enhanced, not altered beyond recognition?
    edited April 2016
    The last sentence in my post is quite important, but you choose to ignore that? Right.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975

The last sentence in my post is quite important, but you choose to ignore that? Right.

In what way, shape or form would changing PST's UI alter it beyond recognition?

"The truly memorable thing about Planescape: Torment is its UI." - a quote by nobody, ever

If you want to fight fire with fire, I won't stop you. I will, however, point out that what you're doing is hypocrisy.