Skip to content

What, in your HUMBLE opinion, would you like to see Beamdog take on next?

enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
  1. What, in your HUMBLE opinion, would you like to see Beamdog take on next?163 votes
    1. another BG1:EE expansion
        0.61%
    2. a BG2:EE expansion
      19.02%
    3. an IWD1:EE expansion
        1.23%
    4. BG3
      10.43%
    5. IWD2:EE
      18.40%
    6. PST:EE
      25.15%
    7. something else
      25.15%

Comments

• GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    BG2 expansion incorporating the new characters from Siege of Dragon Spear.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Must...feed...OCD...!
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I vote for PST:EE simply because that is a campaign world that I have never had the honor of doing anything with. Almost all the games I've played have been set in the Forgotten Realms, and the Sword Coast on top of that. So far the only game that isn't that I've played is DDO, and that's only partially set in Eberron.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    The Mariana Trench.
    PS: T EE
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    PST:EE is something I would love to see. With Numenera coming up soon, there will likely be a resurgence in the interest in the game, so the timing could not be much better and the game itself could do with an overhaul.

Alternately, an expansion along the lines of TotSC for BG2:EE or even IWD:EE could be another way to go... still lots of places to see and people to kill in both locations.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    PST needs to be more accessible to new players. It's a fantastic experience which lots of people are missing out on because they can't deal with how it's aged. IWD2:EE also would be great to complete the IWD saga and would be a good target for content expansion since it was so rushed.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I don't know if it will be next, but SoD left some tasty situations opened... and between SoA and ToB everything could happen, connected or not to main plot.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Seeing as SoD included the bonebats vargouille from PS:T, there's hope we may still see an enhanced Torment edition at some point.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Nostalgia is great and all and infinity engine games are still good games but...I think it's time to move on to a modern engine that's visually up to date as well.

NWN3 on a brand new engine and 5e rules, thanks. =)

Or if there will be more enhanced editions, I hope they would get updated to a modern engine and 5e rules as well.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Something new, please! The IE is far too dated and I'd like a game with modern 4k graphics. Also, for me, a good game rules system must allow for meaningful improvement to one's PC at each and every level-up, else what's the point? And 2e rules miserably fails that test. Bring on 5e!

I vote for a new game like the BG games but completely unrelated to the Bhaalspawn saga and set in some other unused part of the Realms (there are so many interesting places to choose from), using 5e rules and the current timeline, and with strong roleplaying reactivity and high-quality writing.

Please?! Pretty please?! :smile:
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'd love to see Beamdog do something new in the IE style (isometric view, control the whole party at once, real time with pause, lots of dialog and story, etc.). We don't get nearly enough games like that these days. Pillars of Eternity is the only one I can think of.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    More BG EE and preferably soa. So much unfinished business and the new characters could be part of it.

Yes the engine might be outdated, but something this good still going strong feels like potential to me.

And I am a nostalgic being forever in love with the bhaalspawn saga.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited April 2016
    I would love to see any of:

* A new game
    * PST:EE
    * IWD2:EE

In that order.

it seems to me that BG + SOD + SOA + TOB is pretty complete as it stands and we probably don't really need anything more to complete the story. Additional content (new party members in BG2 for example) would be quite welcome.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    For me, it's a toss up between an EE version of Icewind Dale 2 and an EE Planescape: Torment. IWD2EE wins out by a slight margin as I tend to enjoy the IWD games the most, and outside of placing in a new combat engine, there's not much I'd like Beamdog to do with Planescape: Torment. That game has the some of best narrative elements out there, but when you start a fight...well, the combat system is serviceable at best.

It would be nice, though, if Beamdog made an entirely new game in a new engine.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Maybe even the option to backport the engine. I'm aware that others may hate it, but I wouldn't.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I'd appreciate a Trials of the Luremaster type thing for Shadows of Amn. Maybe something after you get Imoen back. Or a Watcher's Keep type of thing.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited April 2016
    PS:T seems the logical choice, with one caveat: no new content. They'd need to take the same approach as in IWD:EE - clean up the bugs, tweak the engine so it runs good and proper, and maybe restore the cut content you'd normally find in the Unfinished Business mod. And that's it. There's no room here for uneven or average-to-mediocre additions.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited April 2016
    Just bringing PST up to EE without any changes will be a ton of work, or at least that's the impression I get. Which is to say I wouldn't necessarily expect any new content if they did this.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I think many people are not keeping in mind that Beamdog is a business, and as such needs projects that bring in a solid stream of revenue. I just don't see PS:T EE or IwD2 EE being very profitable. The former will require a significant amount of work (per Beamdog folks' own comments) even while the potential audience is much narrower than the BG audience based on sales numbers for the original game. The latter also did not have that strong a sales base and clearly would require a major expansion added on to it to make it worth $20 for most potential customers. So if you're going to be putting in so much time and effort and money into a project, the incentive is much stronger from a business standpoint to do something original that showcases your abilities as a game development studio than to continue to do remakes.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    A new IP still using Infinity Engine Plus and current BG rulesets (much as I would prefer an upgrade to at least 3.5 that will take lots of extra work).

Create a new lasting legacy. The story of Gorion's Ward isn't the only tale to be told in the Infinity Engine (Yes IWD but not too much story there).

A mix of SoD crossed with BG:EE to start. Beautiful areas with a really good level of detail packed into each one with all the cool little touches (SoD style) - mixed with the exploration and many different areas available in BG1. There should be a ton of recruitable NPCs, appreciate that detail would have to be scaled back on each one - maybe less romance type options.

Keep it low level to begin with - should top out at probably around the 100-200K mark.
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    Would like to see a game related to baldurs gate but not actually BG3. Don't want it to be about Bhaal but something new