Random Thoughts Playing Through BG1

Comments

• Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • namenlosnamenlos Member Posts: 51
    You may have noticed my playthrough is slightly slower than your own :p

He definitely has some sort of handicap, a (bad) limp or even an amputated hand or foot! It probably happened when he was training with the guard, as his earliest dream had been to become a Paladin. A dream put to rest when a drunken Hull stabbed him through the calf/hip.

"Some Hag wanted us to kill some Hobs up north and find her ring. She had nothing to offer so we ran her off, killed the Hobs, and sold the ring." An excerpt from the diary of Murtan Criid.

"Reached Beregost late, made a straight line to an inn to grab a couple hours sleep. Soon as we stepped through the door some fool tried to pick a fight with Xzar(not that I blame him). If that had been the end of it the man would still be alive, instead he tried to bash Xzars head in(almost succeeded!) so we left him bleeding out in the entryway" An excerpt from the diary of Murtan Criid.

Mages have the power, run into the same spiders and just put em all to sleep no prob!

• AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    namenlos said:

Mages have the power, run into the same spiders and just put em all to sleep no prob!

Nice!

Good back story. The whole failed dreams / maiming goes well with Murtan's ruthless personality.
    Autequi said:

Going forward, I probably won't have that many deaths....

Well, color me wrong!

Yeslick got stung by waylaying wyverns shortly after closing down the Cloakwood mining operation. We laid him to rest in a nice clearing north of the palisades.

And then Khalid got gutted by umber hulks en route to Baldur's Gate.

Our party detoured back to Nashkel so his body could rest beside Jaheira's body.

Bye Yeslick! Bye Khalid! Sorry you had to go, but now you're at rest, unlike the rest of us poor sods.
    @FinnTheHuman
    Right? Guy should wear a spoiler warning or something, sheesh.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    namenlos said:

@FinnTheHuman
    Right? Guy should wear a spoiler warning or something, sheesh.

I never actually got the spoilers. But it seemed he was always telling me something I already knew and then acting like he was so helpful.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I just want to know where he got his hat. I want a hat like that for my characters.

But it seemed he was always telling me something I already knew and then acting like he was so helpful.

Especially when he vagues on about how you have tainted blood, and this evil in you is certain to break out eventually, and Gorion did the best he could the misguided fool but there's just something inherently wrong with you. 'Cause that's so inspirational and not a reason to spiral into depression at all!
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Autequi said:

Does this kind of inconsistency bother anyone but me?

Uggh. So immersion breaking.

Two, that's two Mr. Rogers references in this thread! AH HA HA HA HA!

The screenshot says it all.

@Autequi "And yet if I kill them, somehow I'll be seen as the bad guy."

to quote a bandit(I think) "Beg for death!" and they most assuredly are :)
    Got an admission. I loaded the game... BUT I did it so that I could turn off cosmetic attacks and see attack rolls. I had two mages with ghoul touch(or whatever the lvl 1 spell is) and they missed for like 2-3 minutes on Karlat(the Dwarf bounty hunter in Beregost)... very annoying, pretty sure that spell will no longer(ever) be used. Darts and throwing daggers worked way better... but /sigh didn't want to load >.< lol.
    "Eh, business has been poor, what with the iron shortage and all."

Or, it might be because you let people steal all your potions and magical items from right under your nose!
    edited April 2016
    Shank and Carbos were related! (Sanadal introduces herself as their sister and cousin.)