Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity Minimal and No Reload Thread (spoilers)

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited October 2015 in Off-Topic
Hello, friends. I've been inspired to try to start this here. You'd think it would be a thing on Obsidian's official forum, but that whole place seems to be relatively dead. So, I think this idea has the best chance to "take off" here on the BG:EE off-topic forum.

I'm playing a moon godlike paladin. I was wielding a flaming two-handed sword, but I just switched to a gold saber and a shield, as I'm not really seeing the benefit of a 2h sword over a sword and board. Polearms and staves are nice for the extra reach, and I'm looking for a good one of those I can enchant, but my ability to last in melee and use Enhanced Lay on Hands is so good and fast as a paladin built to heal, I think defending myself is the better option. I've managed to save the day with my paladin Watcher several times after Eder fell.

In my current run, which I am going to try to really stick to come heck or high water, I have had two memorable reloads due to my inexperience with the game. The first came when I very stupidly jumped off my climbing rope into Level 5 of the Endless Paths, and killed many elite xaurips, wyrms, and drakes, but finally got swarmed just before I could find the exit back up to Caed Nur. It was so close! The party was felled down to Aloth and Sagani, with only three enemies left. The two of them killed one. But, being squishy as they are, even with heavy armor, they could not finish off the last two elite xaurips before being finished off themselves.

The second reload was on Level 4 of the Endless Paths. I had done a marquis select and had accidentally left Sagani at a hostile entrance. (Or maybe it was a quicksave bug?) Anyway, I wound up with Sagani separated from the rest of my party, and I got swarmed by beetles, trolls, and slimes from three different directions. The moral of the story? Always use the "select all" button, and use marquis select at your own risk, since you are highly likely to leave your ranged squishies behind without noticing until too late.

I've already made a painful mistake in building Aloth as my "mage-thief". I kept putting points into mechanics at the expense of stealth. He is flawless in disarming traps, but he keeps getting spotted and brought down quickly as soon as he disarms floor traps near enemies. His mage half is pretty awesome - damage spells like Fireball are pretty disappointing due to his low Might, but his crippling and disabling has saved the party countless times since I started this run.

Here is a screenie of my party with Level 4 of EP almost complete:

And here's my party getting ready to finish Level 4 and go back to Level 5:

I am still in Act I. I think you can stay in Act I for a long, long time if you choose to do the Endless Paths, but doing so should lead to greater ease for the rest of the game due to greater levels and wealth. I still haven't attacked Raedric. I figure I'll go as far into the Endless Paths as I can before I start to feel like I'm in over my head, then attack Raedric, then finally go on into Defiance Bay and see what the rest of the game has to offer.

Dungeon diving the Endless Paths reminds me of another one of my favorite games, Fate, which led to Torchlight I and II.

I am playing on normal difficulty. I am finding it plenty difficult for minimal or no-reload. I will try to keep a minimal reload counter here from now on.

Current reloads: 2
[Deleted User]SapphireIce101DungeonnoobFinneousPJJuliusBorisov

Comments

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    You know, I always thought about making a Minimal/No Reload thread for PoE. Like you said though, the Obsidian Forums are a little bit dead.

Also, as for your problem with Aloth being a "Wizard-Thief" that can be easily solved by going to an Inn and "respecing" him. Though, that costs copper. Aloth is really meant to be a crowd control mage, rather than a damage mage, but he's definitely one of the most useful companions. He's up there with Eder.

The Endless Paths are fun, especially if you have Kana, because Kana has stuff to say for at least the first five levels, I can't remember if he contributes more than that.

Hmm, I think I have a character already thought out, but now I need to decide if I want to put on Trial of Iron or not.
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    If you give the spell casters some extra lore you can create some cool and useful scrolls,for crowd control i like the spell chill fog(mage spell) it slows and blinds the enemy and the cleric´s level 2 trap spell who knocks them off their feet.
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sigh. Reload number 3.

Gulp. I saw my party's gruesome doom coming before the battle even started. That thing way up at the top of the screen is a full grown drake. This felt just like a BG2 dragon battle. The drake kept flying up in the air, wing buffet knocking down my entire party, casting Fear aura, and breathing fire all over the place.

I *almost* could beat him, and got him to "almost dead" before I realized that the "xaurip champion" was actually a paladin with Lay on Hands, and that the high priest xaurip was spamming healing spells rather than attacking my party as expected. I kept thinking "Erg! Why does his health keep regenerating?" Then, "Derp! He has two healers with him. I should have targeted those first!"

A lot of tactics that work in BG do not work in PoE. You cannot kite because of the engage mechanic, and you cannot pull enemies from large mobs one or a few at a time. If you aggro one thing, the whole mob aggros as a unit and starts chasing you.

I tried to pull them to the entranceway and bottleneck them, but that didn't work out very well. I guess it was too wide.

I might be able to win this if I take out Draco's healers first, but rather than stack up reloads on my counter, I think I'll go try Raedric's Hold and see what happens, and wait to come back to Draco (my own name for the "drake" on level 5) later with more levels and hopefully better gear. I'm worried Draco will attack and destroy my keep, though. (fingers crossed that he doesn't).

I meant to take some screenshots that would have been pretty awesome, but in my nervousness, I fumbled the screenshots control and kept pressing quicksave instead. I'll learn to take good screenies as I go, hopefully.

My party is at level 5, and very near to level 6.

reloads: 3
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FinneousPJBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
    Yeah, fighting the drakes in PoE are hard, but the real dragons are even tougher.

Stupid Adra and Alpine Dragons *Mumblegrumble*

So, I'm going to think that this works like a regular minimal/no reload thread, and that anyone can post their character's adventures here? If not, I'll make my own thread. :3

Name: Hanali
    Race: Nature Godlike - Orlan
    Class: Druid
    Background: The Living Lands - Explorer
    Difficulty: Normal - Minimal Reload
    Mods: IE Mod, and Soft SweetFX
    Mod Notes: This is what I'm using from the IE Mod. Blue Selection Circles w/ IE-like blue, Unlock Combat equiping and looting, Disable Friendly Fire, Bonus spells, 3 extra wizard prep slots, Fast Scouting mode w/ individual LoS, and I can create 16 adventurers instead of the regular 8.

I am Hanali, a Nature Godlike, from the Living Lands. Not much else to say except that I am a druid from that circle. I came to the Dyrwood to explore and the like.

We are only a day out from the town of Gilded Vale, and I haven’t been feeling well lately. The Caravan master says it’s the touch of the Rumbling Rot. Apparently the cure for this affliction is to find a berry called a springberry and make some tea from it.

Odema, the caravan master, sent Calisca with me to guide me through this wilderness to find some springberries. As well as warned us that a biawac may be happening tonight. I do sense the strangeness within the air.

I talked to Calisca, explained why I went to the Dyrwood, and then she suggested that we go collect the water, probably because the man that was supposed to collect, it would go hunting instead.
    We found the waterskins, and then Sparfel showed up. An arrow was in his back, and then we were attacked by some of the hut-dwellers that Odema was talking about! I had cast my Winter Wind spell, freezing an enemy in place, while Calisca took care of the other one. Then I spiritshifted into a cat, and pounced! Destroying the other enemy entirely! I had also cast my nature’s vigor spell to heal myself. Now, we need to return to camp!

There were some more Glanfathans on the way to the camp! I casted my dancing bolts spell, and lightning flew! Then Calisca got knocked down, and I transformed into a cat once again!
    We finally returned to camp, only to find that the Glanfathans killed everyone except for Heodan! I spoke to their leader, however, no matter what I said, the Glanfathans still attacked! Heodan, being the closest ended up getting smacked around the most, and he used his Blinding Strike on the leader, while I casted dancing bolts again.

Then, when that was all said and done, Odema, who apparently wasn’t dead, told us to run inside the ruins, I saved Heodan on the way there. Now, we’re in the ruins waiting out this biawac.

Current Party:
    Hanali: Druid - 1
    Calisca: Fighter - 1
    Heodan: Rogue - 1

Reloads: 0

Notes: I've decided that I'm going to make a custom Priest, because I kind of don't like Durance.
    @SapphireIce101 , absolutely, any and all minimal or no reloaders under any house rules at all are welcome and encouraged to post here. That's why I made the thread. Also, thank you for the reminder that I could pay coin to respec Aloth to give him the stealth/mechanics I wanted. I keep forgetting that you can pay to respec at an inn. Remembering that might have saved me some restarting.

Update: Raedric's Keep

There is a possibility to role play your way to the final battle with Raedric without any bloodshed at all from either the priests/paladins or the animancer. I tried to do that. I really, really did. Unfortunately, I finally failed a bluff check from my Watcher due to resolve for one, and intelligence for another way, being too low. If you want to role play a pacifist in this game, you've really got to create a Watcher who spends his attribute points on the "mental" stats. Otherwise, you're going to wind up having to choose combat over dialogue. Unfortunately, only the Watcher's mental stats count for dialogue. The party members cannot help you with dialogue.

This is me making peace with the animancer. I haven't decided yet whether to go back to her. I managed to not kill the high priest she wanted me to kill. I may just leave both of them alone from here and let them sort out their differences among themselves. I at least got my desired black cat pet. It turns out the poor thing is an undead black cat, but well, I'd accept my beloved Ariel/Kat back, even as a zombie cat, if she retained her essence.

Oh crap! Here's the boss battle of Raedric's Keep. Looks hard. My party is level five attempting this. I am not at all sure I can win. I exhaust Raedric's conversation options for information, as well as giving two "passionate" responses for my Kind Wayfarer, the second of which is the "Let's Rumble!" cue.

Initial trying for good positioning from both sides.
    imageimageimage

Raedric breaks off from my decision to target his healers and ignore him ( a lesson hard-learned from getting pwned by Draco on Level 5 of Endless Paths), and targets Sagani. This was very stupid on his part, since Sagani has no intention of engaging him, and leads him on a merry chase, keeping him away from the real strength in our party as we slaughter his healers and his mage.
    imageimageimageimage

While brave hero Sagani is down to *one* endurance, and still distracting Raedric with her last breath, the rest of us make fantastic progress in bringing down his elite bodyguards. Aloth is instrumental here with Curse of Blackened Sight, Daze, and Minoletta's Missiles (including the level 3 "Isaac's Storm" version). My Watcher uses his "Fear" power twice to keep them crippled, in addition to his "Drain Endurance" power, and both of his "Enhanced Lay on Hands" to keep us all standing. Durance has cast Dire Blessing and several HoTs. We are using all of our resources here to try to win this.

Uh oh! Brave Sagani runs into a stray guard!

Brave Sagani has fallen! Raedric has made his way back and is attempting to assert his dominance. Unfortunately for him, we have slaughtered most of his groupies. ;)

Aloth destroys Raedric's last groupie, an archer, with a Minoletta's Minor Missile. Raedric is in big trouble now.

Victory!

This game is awesome! I really don't understand why more BG minimal and no-reloaders are not seeing the possibilities here. ;)
    NimranFinneousPJJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    That game is a lot of fun. I still haven't finished (I'm very near the end, but it seems like the 2.0 patch changed so much I might just start over at some point). Endless Paths can get pretty challenging the deeper you go. I had to break it up into chunks, leaving for a while when the going got really rough, and coming back with an extra character level or two under my belt.
    Glad you're enjoying the game!
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH[Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    So glad to see this kind of a thread on this forum! Long may it live and many reports may it have!
    proccoBelgarathMTH[Deleted User]
    Raedric is an interesting fight! Though, easy once you get rid of the spell casters.

While we explored the ruins, we found a camp, which probably explains why the Glanfathans attacked us. We had many battles, most were solved by me transforming into a cat, while others just relied on Calisca and Heodan’s brute force.

We exited the ruins, and found a group of people outside. The Leader was talking about The Queen that Was, and about dying by the key. Then he activated that thing that was behind him, and saw the other men turn to stone, before I blacked out and realized that I knew this man from somewhere. When I woke up, Calisca and Heodan were dead, and for some reason, I felt stronger. I need to get to Gilded Vale, but first I will rest.

I awoke and started to move, and right when I did that, I started to see Spirits. Something is wrong with me, I just know it.

On the way to Gilded Vale, I spoke to a man named Nonton, his friend Perly was killed by a bear. I will have to go to the cave in the North when I can find some help, because I feel there is something going on.
    I have finally made it to Gilded Vale! . . . Only to find a tree with a bunch of dead bodies hanging from it. I’ve officially decided that this Lord Raedric is a horrible person, and that his servant that is talking to me is an idiot! Godlike can’t conceive children! It’s common knowledge! After that horrible conversation, the bells tolled three times, apparently that symbolized that Lord Raedric’s heir was lost.

Outside of the inn, I met an elven man named Aloth, and helped him with his problem with some of the locals. Sadly, that entailed killing them, so, I used my dancing bolt spell, and transformed into a cat. However, this time, I saw the attacker’s skin corrode!

Apparently, the innkeeper says that the inn only serves porridge because the cook is gone, but I have decided that I will go find the cook! I’ve also hired a new friend! Her name is Amara-Lee, she’s a Priestess of Eothas! We rested, and I had a dream. I had to talk to that dead animancer, though, I’m not quite sure on how I’ll be able to do that.

((Name: Amara-Lee
    Race: Human - Meadow Folk
    Class: Priest - Eothas
    Background: Aedyr - Clergyman))

After talking to the Dwarf, I learned that I was a Watcher, and that I needed to see another Watcher named Maerwald, at the Keep of Caed Nua. I learned a new ability, and became stronger as well.

Then, we talked to the man next to the hanging tree, apparently his name was Eder. He thinks he’s going to be the next one up on the tree, and Amara looked angry when he explained what they did to Eothas during the Saint’s War. I would be too, considering that giving Eothas a “Dyrwoodan Hello” kind of ended the poor god of redemption. However, we still let Eder join, probably because Amara wants to redeem him in the eyes of their god.

Current Party:
    Hanali: Druid - 3
    Aloth: Wizard - 3
    Amara-Lee - Priest: 1
    Eder: Fighter - 3

@SapphireIce101 , welcome to the thread. Good luck to you. I'll enjoy following a druid playthrough. That's a class I may want to try eventually. Creating your own priest is interesting, too.

I'm working nights for the next two weeks, with only Wednesdays and Sundays off, so I won't be able to play again and make another update until Wednesday.

Days when I can't play games really bum me out, but I need to buy groceries and keep the power turned on, so I guess I'd better work. ;)
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHFinneousPJJuliusBorisov
    @Shandyr , yes, I did enable the dialogue "cheats". I had them off at first, but when I turned them on to study and experiment with them, I found that the "correct" responses for certain traits were very counter-intuitive and random. I didn't necessarily agree with the writers that this or that response was clearly or necessarily "passionate", "diplomatic", "deceptive", or whatever.

Also, I was curious how the stat-based responses work. I doubt I'll replay enough times to ever uncover them all, so I decided I'd rather just know exactly how many responses I was missing out on and which stats I would need to raise to unlock them.
    edited October 2015
    BelgarathMTH
    Bah! We were being kicked out of Gilded Vale! All because Lord Raedric’s son was Hollowborn! Then again, it might be for the best, since Amara is a priest of Eothas, and the fact that Eder is a known worshipper of Eothas.

I’ve decided that I need to help the people of Gilded Vale in anyway that I can. I don’t care if Raedric sends his guards after me. The people of Gilded Vale need my help! So, I went to the mill, and have decided to help the owner of the mill get this man named Sweynur, or whatever his name is, to stop harassing the owner of the mill. That problem was easily sorted by buying beers and me using my diplomatic talents!

The Blacksmith in town needs me to go to the Black Meadow to find his shipment before the bandits do. Though, I think I may head back to deal with that bear issue.

We found the cook, and sent him back to The Black Hound, and Amara got stronger as well!

We found the bear, and I cast Hold Beast which held the bear into place. Aloth cast Minoletta’s Minor Missiles at the bear. Then, Amara cast Armor of Faith. Lastly, I cast Conjure Minor Blight, and summoned an Air Blight to help us. I felt very sad that we had to kill that bear.

Nonton betrayed Perly! He left him for the bear! I will head back to Gilded Vale at once to deal with that traitorous scum! The traitor had been dealt with, I was going to turn him to the local magistrate, but he attacked me, him and Perly’s wife! So, Aloth used Slicken and made the floor all oily, and I used my Blizzard spell.

I returned to the Inn, and rested, as well as got a decent meal that wasn’t porridge.

Current Party:
    Amara-Lee - Priest: 2

JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
    Hi, my sprained wrist (or maybe it's emerging arthritis) is acting up from all the violin rehearsals for "Fiddler on the Roof" Monday and Tuesday, so I can't type much tonight.

I'm about halfway into the only play session I'll have before Sunday. I'm trying to open up and explore Defiance Bay now, and in the first area, I got my first info about the factions, lore, and stuff that I'm going to have to spend probably a multi-hour play session or two sorting through, so I can know which quests I want to take and how I want to proceed. It's obvious right from the market district that I'm going to have to choose a faction to support.

(Ouch, my right hand hurts so bad!)

I found a catacombs entrance right at the end of my exploration loop around the first district, so I decided to take one screenshot there just to keep my run going in the thread - it's a victory shot of a battle with a troll and two black slimes.

What I found interesting here was something I want to show and bring up about the Sagani issue. Look at the top of the combat window scroll, and notice that Itumaak gets a hit for 37 damage. *None* of my other characters ever gets damage that high. Of course, I know that these are weak monsters that I just defeated, and that strong monsters can one-shot kill Itumaak. But, I've learned to keep him back until mid-battle, when engagement is firmly established on the tougher characters.

In looking at Sagani's character record, I see that she is keeping pace in her total damage dealt credit with everybody else in the party except for my Watcher paladin and Eder. That strikes me as a totally normal situation for a party with two fighter-types and four "support" types.

(Lord, my hand hurts! I've got to stop typing!)

Okay, here's the screenie:

Party Level: 5
    Reloads: 3
    JuliusBorisov
    2nd half of my update:

Found an animancer/necromancer, and he totally gave me the creeps. I had been trying not to defile the graves down here, but I'm pretty sure he already did. He was ready to let me go peacefully, but I decided that he was evil and must be destroyed. Sorry, @Vallmyr.

Decided to try placing some dart traps. They wound up doing very disappointing damage, but I guess they were the weakest traps I had. Meh, it's not my playstyle anyway. At least I got a Steam achievement out of the experiment.

All heck breaking loose. This was easy-peasy, but so is most of BG1 until it's not.

Well, what do you know? This catacomb leads to the Temple of Woedica, where I needed to take Eder and ask some questions.

I'll have to continue from my discovery of the Temple of Woedica (Or is it?) this Sunday. I've only done the first the quadrant of Defiance Bay, and my first impression is that it is just like Baldur's Gate City so far.

Party Level: 5
    Reloads: 3
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2015
    @Shandyr, thank you, my friend.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Oh don't worry, I murdered him too. I'm neutral, not evil. Evil is bad. There's another necromancer I did spare, though
    [Spoiler] It's the cute necromancer girl in the dungeon of the Baron's keep. I did take her undead black cat as a non-combat pet, though n_n. [/spoiler]
    @Vallmyr, awesome sauce! I spared her, too, if you read my account above. I now have "zombie cat" accompanying me everywhere, though I doubt she'll show up on any screenies. I'm a cat person, and a huge black cat fan. Two of my dearly departed pets were black cats, in fact, so games that let me have a black cat familiar make me feel like I've got at least a part of them still with me, especially Ariel, (now immortalized in games as "Kat") whom I once memorialized in my documented Icewind Dale run.

( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37750/my-beautiful-black-cat-kat )

Nobody who raises a cat from the dead can be truly evil. Cats bring out the good in even the darkest soul who loves them. :)
    VallmyrJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I also kept the undead cat.
    VallmyrJuliusBorisov
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I kept the cat too. Killed the "cute" Dr Death-alike, though. Not sure what's so cute about torturing and experimenting on people against their will.
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Although your characters don't need to recover their hands (they need just a good rest), remember YOU do. We don't want to lose any dedicated players.
    BelgarathMTHNimran
    @bengoshi , Darn, I just realized that everything I posted yesterday, October 21, I posted in the wrong thread. It was supposed to go in my minimal reload (spoilers) thread. Can you use your moderator magic to move the October 21 posts by me, and maybe the posts that respond to it, to the appropriate thread? Thank you.
    edited October 2015
    Done :smiley: The fun fact is that I didn't realize you posted in the wrong thread :)
    VallmyrBelgarathMTH
    edited October 2015
    We met a rogue named Aiko in the Inn at Gilded Vale. She was on her way to Caed Nua to explore, and “Treasure Hunt”, or at least that’s what she told me in the least.

We found Calisca’s sister, Aufra, and told her the bad news about Calisca’s passing. We also agreed to help her find a medicine woman that can, hopefully, give her a cure for this Hollowborn affliction, but I doubt it very much.

We headed to the Temple of Eothas. Amara wanted to see what had become of the temple of the God of Hope and Redemption. Lord Raedric slaughtered the Priests within the temple. Another offense to the list of offenses that Lord Raedric has done.

Once we found the remains, we collected them. Even Amara seemed to be relieved by gathering the remains. Perhaps she seeks to bury them herself, with the proper Eothasian rites. Amara even beckons us to see what Wirtan has to say for himself, since he left them down there to rot in the first place.

Even though Wirtan was the cause of her brother and sister’s deaths, Amara convinced us that he deserved a second chance. I told him that he had to bury the bodies of the Priests, and he agreed. Wirtan wanted to do right by the Priests, and make up for leaving them to rot. Amara became stronger because of this, though.

We gathered some supplies, and left Gilded Vale through Magran’s Fork. It was time to help the Blacksmith, and Aufra.

Current Party:
    Amara-Lee: Priest- 3
    Aiko: Rogue - 2

Note: Aiko is Temporary Character until I can pick up The Devil of Caroc, so it might be a while.
    While exploring Magran’s Fork, we ran into some bandits or something. Aiko went down first, because Aloth couldn’t cast Binding Web in time, and Eder tried to knockdown the mage, but for some reason went after her body guards instead. Amara casted some of her healing spells, and I cast Conjure Minor Blight, and Blizzard. The mage died easily. Aloth then cast Minoletta’s Minor Missiles on the guard that Eder was taking care of.

We saved a man from being wolf chow in Magran’s Fork. He initially was heading for Madohar’s bridge or whatever he called it. Now, he’s going back to Gilded Vale.

We met a man named Durance. He was a Priest of Magran. However, seeing as we already have a Priestess of Eothas, we decided we didn’t need him. Thus, we went back to Gilded Vale to stock up on supplies before going further.

We made our way to Anslog’s Compass, so then we could go find the Healer that Aufra was talking about.
    We found a couple of Fishermen, before we were attacked by Xaurips. The Dwarven fisherwoman died, but at least the human lived. I cast my Dancing Bolts Spell.

We found Ranga, and she said we had to go destroy a tribe of Xaurip to make sure that her Xaurip named Tana would be safe. So, we agreed, because Aufra really wants this cure. Eder and I became stronger as a result.

We destroyed the Xaurip camp. Amara cast Prayer of Infirmity, and Consecrated Ground. I cast Dancing Bolts, and Nature’s Vigor. Aloth cast Mirrored Image, and Aiko used her Runner’s Wounding Shot on the priest.

We rid Aufra of her Xaurip problem, and had already gathered some Dank Spores for her. However, she admitted that there was no cure to stop Waidwen’s Legacy. I was hoping that it wasn’t true, but that was it. Aloth became stronger, and learned the Rolling Flame spell. So, we rested at Ranga’s camp.

Current Party:
    Hanali: Druid - 4
    Aloth: Wizard - 4
    Amara-Lee: Priest- 3
    Eder: Fighter - 4
    Aiko: Rogue - 2

Note: Yay, I can now use the Fine Enchantment on weapons and armor!
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2016
    So recently I've been playing and enjoying Pillars of Eternity. I haven't gotten particularly far, but I'm enjoying it and decided I wanted to play a very special game of it. The idea is that I'll be using my six favourite Baldur's Gate characters! (trust me, choosing just six was a nightmare.) I've got my team chosen, but I need a bit of assistance with the finishing touches. My team consists of...

Party Leader and Techie:
    Imoen
    Race: Savannah Folk
    Class: Rogue
    Skills: Stealth/Mechanics
    Culture: Aedyr - Dissident
    Attributes:
    Might: 14
    Constitution: 10
    Dexterity: 17
    Perception: 14
    Intellect: 13
    Resolve: 10
    Uncertainties: I can't decide whether she should be Savannah or Meadow Folk. No gameplay changes, she'll just be slightly darker skinned if she's a Savannah folk. Faintly more so than she is in her portraits. I like Savannah because it provides diversity, so I don't even know why I'm debating it, but I am nonetheless.

Healer:
    Yeslick Orothair
    Race: Mountain Dwarf
    Class: Priest - Magran
    Skills: Athletics/Undetermined
    Culture: Rauatai - Laborer
    Attributes:
    M: 15
    C: 17
    D : 12
    P: 10
    I: 12
    R: 12
    Uncertainties: I think Boreal is accepted as more useful than Mountain, but Yeslick is clearly a Mountain Dwarf. I also think Magran is as close to Clangeddin as you can get, which is why she was chosen. I also don't know what I should do for my second skill. If I didn't have a rogue I'd choose mechanics, but it seems redundant with Imoen around. Maybe survival as an indication of his survivability while a slave.

Tank/Support:
    Keldorn Firecam
    Race: Meadow Folk
    Class: Paladin - Shieldbearers of St. Elcga
    Skills: Survival/Athletics
    Culture: The Living Lands - Colonist
    Attributes:
    M: 16
    C: 14
    D : 9
    P: 13
    R: 14
    Uncertainties: This is the big one I'm uncertain of. The whole schtick of the Shieldbearers seems to be more up Keldorn's alley (or at least more so than the others) but I'm still undecided.

Off-tank/DPS:
    Khalid
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Fighter
    Skills: Athletics/Lore
    Culture: Aedyr - Mercenary
    Attributes:
    M: 14
    C: 14
    D : 14
    R: 11
    Uncertainties: None really. I chose elf for variety.

DPS:
    Minsc
    Race: Coastal Amaua
    Class: Ranger
    Familiar: Wilson: Bear
    Skills: Stealth/Survival
    Culture: Ixamitl Plains - Hunter
    Attributes:
    M: 20
    C: 16
    D : 15
    P: 8
    I: 4
    R: 15
    Uncertainties: None really. I think him being a Coastal Amaua (a brown skinned one) looks good and just works for him. He also allows me to break the "only my six favourite" and make it my seven favourite.

Magic:
    Xzar
    Race: Meadow Folk
    Class: Wizard
    Skills: Lore
    Culture: The White That Wends - Mystic
    Attributes:
    M: 13
    C: 10
    D : 13
    I: 16
    R: 13
    Uncertainties: None except from a build point of view. The idea is to take the most necromantic spells available to me every time, which may not be very strong.

Anyway, that's the party I have built so far. With some positive feedback I might turn this into a play-through here on the forums.
    JuliusBorisovFinneousPJSkatan
    @Elrandir An excellent idea! I figured out it would be better to merge your post with this thread to give more views to your run!

Looking forward to your reports!
    Elrandirlolien
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @bengoshi Thanks Ben!
    JuliusBorisovlolien