All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Wait. Bhaal is back!?
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    edited May 2016

What a sad ending for Charname.

Eh. He got two hundred years, most of which he was surrounded by people who deeply respected him. That's more than most humans get.

On a side note, I don't really want them touching Planescape Torment. I can't see them making it better plotwise, and I'm not sure that enhanced interface alone would sell that many copies.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

What a sad ending for Charname.

I agree, but I like that about it! It'd be especially impactful if you're a DM running players who've played Baldur's Gate through the module. I'd so love to be like "what were your favourite playthroughs?" during character creation and then cobble together a "canon for your home game" version of charname in collaboration with your players while they're making their characters for your homegame so that having them meet the Bhaalspawn Grand Duke/Duchess before it all goes down would feel more personal.
    JuliusBorisovVallmyrShapiroKeatsDarkMageGrammarsalad
    Personally my headcanon Charname is a neutral good human bard who eventually gets engaged with Aerie.(still helping Viconia and Neera though).
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

Personally my headcanon Charname is a neutral good human bard who eventually gets engaged with Aerie.(still helping Viconia and Neera though).

My headcanon is the first character I cleared ToB with starting from Candlekeep, who was a neutral good human mage who eventually gets engaged with Aerie. :D

I remember him well, because my second run through I was a lawful good human paladin because I'd read online you could romance Anomen, and I remember I finished the run just before school started in September, and then while I was doing my first attempt at a third run through to the end of ToB (still in BG1 at the time) 9/11 happened, so weirdly I will always remember my first three ToB completions because they're the only ones I started pre-9/11, and one ran through and past it (TN human kensai).
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageMontresor_SP
    Definetely miles better than Abdel.
    GenderNihilismGirdleMalicron
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    bengoshi said:
    Obviously they are there for Beer Wednesday :) Unreal Engine 4 would be cool too.
    JuliusBorisovShapiroKeatsDarkMagemlneveseGenderNihilismGirdle
    kanisatha said:

bengoshi said:

So maybe they showed WotC the final document David Gaider drafted before?
    Well I truly hope it was a pitch for a new original full-blown Forgotten Realms crpg. Both Beamdog and WotC badly need a successful new game. Beamdog is never going to shine as a game-maker doing just remakes of and expansions to old games, and WotC desperately needs to get past the disaster of Sword Coast Legends.
    Its a pity though that a D&D computer game will never reach the same popularity of games like Undertale, a pc only game which is loved by everyone despite being pc only.

JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdlesemiticgoddess
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    edited May 2016
    bengoshi said:

I wouldn't call it "wasting time and talent on expansions and enhanced editions". After all, I've enjoyed the EEs a lot and put a lot of hours into them. So I wouldn't look at any new EE as at a result of wasting time and talent.

But of course I would be happy to get a new game.

Sorry, I should have said "wasting time and talent on future expansions and enhanced editions." I agree I also have been very happy with the three EEs they've done as well as SoD.
    sparkleav
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Quickly someone rotate that picture!.... Well it works in the movies :wink:
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageGenderNihilismGirdleJuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
  • Umar_SlobberknockerUmar_Slobberknocker Member Posts: 19
    If we're requesting new content I would flip for Castle Ravenloft or a Tomb of Horrors...
  • Umar_SlobberknockerUmar_Slobberknocker Member Posts: 19

If we're requesting new content I would flip for Castle Ravenloft or a Tomb of Horrors...

Dude, i will dance naked on top of a car if they make a videogame set in Ravenloft or Dark Sun, or even Spelljammer.

I'd like to see them take some of the most prolific modules of D&D (Ravenloft. Tomb of Horrors, Dark Sun, etc...) and turn them into BG style games!
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdle