Skip to content

What are you playing?

Comments

• YathrinYathrin Member Posts: 70
    Playing as a druid in Baldur's Gate Online. It's sort of like an MMORPG version of Baldur's Gate.

• TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    In all these years, I had never chosen anything but a rogue Hawke in Dragon Age 2 - and I've replayed that one pretty enthusiastically.

In order to finally get that rivalry fest with my younger-sibling-complexed brother, I finally rolled a mage (spirit healer / force mage). I am not as such enamoured with the mage class, but it has been actually interesting to see which fights are easier, and which ones are harder.

I have found all "heavy-hitting-high-armour" fights relatively easier (at hard) - especially the high dragons, revenants & Arishok. On the other hand blood-mages and arcane horrors are a pain, as no other class has such single-blow damage output as assassin/shadow, and keeping those stunned for extended periods requires quite some enterprise. (IMO)

Additional challenge came from NPC rogues being veritable "glass cannons" because I had to excessively amp up cunning to deal with lock-picks and traps in the beginning vs more well-rounded attributes, which my PC rogue could take on with panache thx to extra attribute books and greater variety of gear.

As a trivial thing: goodness how generic robes are unappealing in DA2!

I was in underpowered gear most of the time until I made it to that high dragon straight in the beginning of Act III because I cannot bring myself to wear those robes! Anders' black version and Orsino's robes are cool, but the rest... I do find my pumped-up arms' muscles bit humorous though with champion's robes - must be that M!Hawke has oiled up to glisten for Isabela's pleasure! :smiley:

LoB - does that stand for "Legacy of Bhaal" btw?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I've played through a lot of the game so far with a gnomish Wizard Slayer. He's been pretty cool and not TOO hard to go through the game with. Sure it's a little annoying that I can't equip all those tasty magical items like rings or capes, but it was a fun challenge.

I've been thinking of trying another Shaman run. I dunno why, I've just been thinking about the class a lot lately. Maybe not a half-orc this time, maybe I'll go more generic with a human. Sure, I can't dual-class the class, but it would be slightly different for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    How does concentration check work exactly?

Is it still 90% failure for players, while enemies only got like 10%?

always felt this way. Absolutely infuriating.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    thespace said:

@thespace

Nice picture. Where is it from... Or is it a custom?

Glad to see more playing ranger types.

Just found it online doing a search for BG portraits, then dropped it into here for easy game formatting:

http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php

Rangers are my favorites (Archers, Stalkers & Cleric/Rangers)
    And bookmarked :smile:
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2016
    Decided to give a pure kensai a try, despite the fact that I've never found the kit particularly compelling. Going very slowly though since I've had other stuff to interest me lately.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2016
    Yeah I've never been much into dual or multi-classing. When I play a kit, I like dedicating myself solely to that.

Also decided to put Kagain and Yeslick together for once, we'll see how long that lasts^^
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    TStael said:

In all these years, I had never chosen anything but a rogue Hawke in Dragon Age 2 - and I've replayed that one pretty enthusiastically.

In order to finally get that rivalry fest with my younger-sibling-complexed brother, I finally rolled a mage (spirit healer / force mage).

Have fun! I've only played through DA2 once, and it was as a mage. For all of that game's warts, they nailed the party interaction; it was the first game where I actually WANTED to antagonize certain party members, since it wasn't a black-and-white "be nice or miss out on content" friendship system like so many other games. The constant bickering and infighting between my sarcastic Hawke and his idiot brother continues to be one of my favorite PC/NPC dynamics ever.

As for me, I'm currently going between a full-saga, Neera-romancing run with an elf cleric (currently on our way to Adoy's enclave), and repeatedly failing at Thea: The Awakening, a kind of Civ-meets-roguelike game where you try to get some hapless villagers to carve out an existence in an extremely brutal world. Highly recommended for fans of the "just one more turn" genre.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    My shaman playthrough just fell out. I guess I'm just not made for the class, we all have one. So, bored, I fiddled around for a day, just reading this and that, and out of random curiosity, took this quiz again, and it came up Monk this time. With stats that would be great in 5th Edition.

It's never come up Monk before, so I took it as a bit of a sign and made a Sun Soul monk. It's kind of nice not having to worry about whether or not my weapon breaks.
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Also nice to think you'll be immune to everything up to nuclear war by level 14
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    edited May 2016
    There is this one quite interesting (roleplay-wise) kit I put together some time ago, called Vengeance, which takes the mundane Fighter to a whole new level (i.e. unleashing a Storm of Vengeance starting at level 10). I might even play through the entire saga with it.

Also, I was bitten by a bug. Itchy. Please scratch any mole burrows you encounter upon earth. Thank you.
    Post edited by God on
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I recently started playing Pillars Of Eternity. There is also Neutral Good mage in Baldur's Gate - I got tired of playing as dual-classed villains.
    Anyhow, lately I spend most of my time playing that "STUDY YOU LAZY ANIMAL" game.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Artona said:

Anyhow, lately I spend most of my time playing that "STUDY YOU LAZY ANIMAL" game.

I hate that game :-/ It's the only game I ever wanted to end as fast as possible.

• SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited May 2016
    Khane has skills with Katana and daggers.

Managed to scrape up enough cash(barely) to buy the only Katana in Candlekeep. Some psychopath tried to capture me, he murdered my father but I managed to escape. I began wandering. Slew a mad cleric, put down a murderous bard, killed scores of bandits and hobgoblins even managed to cleave an ogre in two. I just helped some flighty mage from being captured by another band of psychopaths, she's traveling with me now. Her spells certainly are helpful. She may be a bit of a flake, but we're having fun together. Still don't want to get too involved with things until I figure some stuff out, maybe recruit some more allies. There certainly are a lot of psychopaths wandering the Sword Coast. I try to remember my father's lessons and be a man of peace, but these psychopaths won't leave me alone. I guess some people just need killing.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Playing two games simultaneously: Dwarven bounty hunter, Elven assassin. Both games are now in Durlag's Tower. I plan to finish with both of them, and then purchase SoD (still have not bought the game, as I am too attached to these two charnames and want to finish the runs) and export them into the fray.

I have been playing these two charname games on and off for the last 6 months and just cannot seem to finish their runs for various reasons. I start to prefer the bounty hunter - I find traps/ambushes and general thieving just so much fun - but then I catch an episode of Game of Thrones and after seeing Arya training with the Faceless Men I then lean back towards my assassin and his poison/bows/swords/quarterstaffs. These last few GoT episodes showing Arya staff-fighting has just worsened my indecision on which game to focus on!
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    @Skarose I...I really like that portrait for Khane. o.o Share? Please??
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited May 2016
    @Nonnahswriter Go to the link, there are some pretty amazing images there ;)

Original Arwork by Heise (Lian Yan Fang) 360doc.com/content/12/0609/13/9039787_217033128.shtml

Post edited by Skarose on
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Skarose said:

@Nonnahswriter Go to the link, there are some pretty amazing images there ;)

*squee!*

Thank you! :smiley:
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...running my half-orc Dark Moon Monk through SoD (second SoD playthrough)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My Stalker playthrough fell through, the class didn't really gel with me. Restarted with a Blade that I plan to take through the whole trilogy. Having a blast so far. Also have a concurrent run in Pillars of eternity with a white elf rogue.