Skip to content

What are you playing?

Just curious as to what people are currently playing. Which game? What character are you running with? Are you attempting a challenge/RP? How far through are you?

I'm playing BG1 on insane atm with the intent to go the whole way to the end of ToB. So far I'm at Durlag's Tower having recently escaped the catacombs of Candlekeep.

I considered trying LoB but from what I hear enemies have ridiculous HP n it sounded like it could be a little too much of a tedious grind.

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Solo bg2 transmuter. Just finished the slums.

special quirk : she has infinite permanent alacrity. Fun fun fun.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Currently playing as Dorn's sex slave. Full saga run. Just about to import into BG2.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Cavalier. Is in the middle of SOD. Started out in candlekeep. Trying to charm a certain monk and that is going pretty well.

Anything less than 20 rep is unacceptable to her and she only travels with nice people.

Definitely not lob mode. Maximum is core rules. A lot of saving and reloading.

And full party. Just seems right to me and I have never played a solo.
  • OUT51D3ROUT51D3R Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2016
    Currently playing SOD solo on core rules with a dual class Berserker/Thief. Just finished my first playthrough of BG1 with that char on the weekend. Never played BG previously to that playthrough, but I played plenty of 2e tabletop and tonnes of the SSI gold box games. Went solo because I found it annoying to keep the rest of the party alive, and I knew I'd be able to come up with a solo capable character.

SOD is tougher for me so far. The enemy groups seem to be larger on average and all I've got for room sweeping is Necklace of Missiles. The specific enemies I'm encountering at the moment are also a problem for a couple of reasons, but I suspect I'll be fighting other things soon.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I've actually made it through the first game with a Cavalier, but he didn't feel quite right, so I've been farting around with other class/race combos, but I think I've finally settled on a (moon) elf wild mage. I just need a not "serious" run for my serious run through the series. Ya know? It's like that time I went through Neverwinter Nights 2 as a halfling warpriest. It definitely didn't start as a serious run, but it has been by far my favorite.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    solo assassin/mage, SoA chapter 4.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'm currently restarting from the begining , but I'm indecisive about four options:
    1- a neutral or neutral good necromancer, the problem is that I'm an obssessive roleplayer and spells such as deathspell and finger of death are evil spells that prevent ressurection, that would make me feel very out of character.

2- a neutral cleric , but I wanted him to follow some crazy or mosterious deity , and I couldn't it either.

3- a neutral or neutral good true bard. I've played with blades all my life, it wpuld be nice to try a classic bard who uses ranged weapons instead of dual wielding and has a really high lore value.

4- a neutral gopd brooding wizard. That is the easiest option, I guess, but I don't know if I currently have the patience to micromanage a 1st level mage.

I always play on core rules and I always allow myself reloading because , as you can see, I spend too much time developing a character to let him die permanently.

• jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Ranger plus Imoen. Currently in early days of bg1, just about to kill a certain mad cleric... Plans to play bg1 (tutu) and bg2 with this char.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited May 2016
    NE assassin/warrior, dualed at level 12. I'm heading towards Trademeet and I hope I'll finally reach level 13 on my warrior and access assassin skills again. I miss "poison weapon".

EDIT: Oh, and I started BG1 as CN barbarian. I'm in first area outside Candlekeep. Those barbarians move fast!
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    You think Barbarians move fast, wait 'till you make a monk. They just don't stop getting fast.
  • kellclkellcl Member Posts: 24
    Running with human CG barbarian right now specializing in halberds (as a big fan of RTK I just imagine them as guan daos), just killed an annoying demon in the basement. Current party includes Minsc, Jaheira, Dynaheir, Imoen and Xan. Just not a big fan of Khalid, and I left him in a farmer's house a while ago and picked up Xan. I plan to pick up Glint and Corwin going into SoD (very first run through) since Imoen and Xan would not be continuing as NPCs in SoD. Playing on Core difficulty.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Slowly inching forward on my various dart-throwing builds. Currently focussed on an Archer build with the Bioware party, everyone has just reached 6th, apart from Imoen who already dualed out of thief at 6th, and is just caught 5th again. Trying to get her thief skills back before completing Cloakwood mines, but that might be an ambitious xp goal, especially not taking on Durlag's without a trap-finder general either.

Thinking of swapping out for a fighter -> druid run, dueling at 7th and getting dart grand mastery when druid hits 8th, to be my PC for a first run at SoD when it hits the Mac App store. Of course, that still looks to be a year or so away, so I have plenty of time ;)
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited May 2016
    1. Fighter-->Druid dual class in Ch4 BG2 with other druids and rangers only.

2. Dart Grandmaster unkitted fighter with all fighter NPCs (and Imoen) in Ch6 BG2. The most deadly charname I've ever played. It's Bhaals to the wall charging all the way through. Loads of fun. Shoot first ask questions later with 6 wisdom. All ranged attacks with knives, darts, axes or hammers, amid spell sequenced teleport fields. Untouchable.

3. Shapeshifter solo in in Ch1 BG1 with plan to play with Vhailor's Helm and Amulet of Power through BG2.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I use my characters to play around with mod kits and abilities. My latest PC, a vampire and a shadow adept:

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    1. Storied play through with a Beastmaster dualed to cleric. Stuck in the Bandit Camp atm. But will attempt to plow through it soon. you can read the entire play through so far here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/35472/a-storied-playthrough-sahil-quick-full-trilogy-run-full-reload-role-play#latest
    2. First SoD run with a CN Swashbuckler/Fighter just woke something up to kill it. Party of Corwin, Minsc, Safana, Voghiln and Dynaheir (dualled to a cleric)
    3. BG2 run with a half elven Ranger/Cleric currently in the Sahuagin City with Mazzy, Valygar, Jan, Neera, and Haer'Dalis.
    4. A test run in BG2 to see if you can collect enough money from the shadow thieves before hitting the slums without cheating (currently in Chateau Irencius).
    5. Shaman test run currently out of Chateau Irencius (probably will be abandoned here)
    6. My new BeeCee run with a cleric/thief half-orc wearing a spiffy hat sitting in the Candlekeep Inn.
    7. My shorty run through IWD. 3 gnomes (shadow dancer, illusionist/cleric, illusionist/thief) 3 dwarves (Dwarven Defender, Barbarian, Priest of Tempus) just starting Chapter 6.
    8. My tablet IWD run (Bard, Dragon Discipline, Archer, Undead Hunter, Druid) although haven't left the first town yet.
    9. My coloured run of the Black Pits starring Perriwinkle (half-elf) the Jester, Scarlette (human) the Inquisitor, Emerald (elf) the Archer, Dwhyte (halfling)the Priest of Lathander, Bayge (elf) the Dragon Disciple, and Blaque (gnome) the Shadowdancer currently on Tier 2.
    That's it though.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Currently having a party ready with the first dungeon of SOD, but far more busy thinking out a new party, a pair of two that will traverse the three games together, maybe even do the Black Pits first, then up the difficulty in regular BG until I hit SOD. I am toying with a F/M/T with the Kensai kit eekeepered on and a R/C, or simply a M/T with a R/C. I've been looking at the F/D, but it seems a bit uninteresting.

I'll do that, thanks for the idea!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I have three ongoing runs, but don't own SoD still, so stuck with BG1 and 2 at an older patch (no internet on the home computer currently)

1: Dwarf Zerker/cleric created in BG1 (keepered and quite heavily tampered with; played as singleclass berzerker up to 500 000 exp, then dualed to singleclass cleric up to 500 000+ exp then switched back to multiclass zerker/cleric). He's chasing after yaga-shura currently and is invincible. Gonna go all the way with this one. Played on PC.

2: Blade created in SoA, about halfway through the SoA. Will probably not go all the way with this one since I've already played so many blades. Casually played on IOS.

3: Stalker, created in BG1 and recently started. I'm gonna play this one as "me" and not powerplay. Keepered two prof points for two handed weapons from dual wield for RP reasons, but otherwise not altered. He's gonna team up with guys I'd prolly team up with in real life, so he has Imoen, Garrick and Kivan currently and will get Coran eventually. No mages and no clerics for this run, just a shitload of arrows and stealth. He's a bit inspired by the Witcher, but with a bit of Robin Hood and other inspirations mixed in as well. I chose between F/T or Stalker. I wanted to play hunter-type character (ranger) but with the abilities of a F/T, meaning stealth, BS and traps. I might edit in traps later on, but haven't decided. Might trade it for some bhaalspawn powers to make it balanced. It's not like the stalker is OP to begin with though. Really excited about this run. Played on PC.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Solo bg2 transmuter. Just finished the slums.

special quirk : she has infinite permanent alacrity. Fun fun fun.

and with that I have just learned horrid wilting only hurts once and does not act like a cloud regardless of the misleading graphics. Fascinating. I'm only 20 years late.
    Wait what? Really?