Skip to content

What are you playing?

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Playing a Priestess of Tyr and a Undead Hunter in co-op with a friend. Insane with no damage modifier. We're nearly done plowing through BG1EE. He lives 3500 miles away from my location so it's quite an accomplishment to have MP working somewhat decently.

I guess we RP as a couple. Or at least best friends with benefits. (Or not. I don't think he cares much about RP.) She will probably lose herself to the evil of the taint and he will struggle to keep her on the path of righteousness and justice.

Unfortunately I'm a powergamer so we're kind of doing things that saintly warriors wouldn't exactly do in the first place but I'm personally not really bothered. I guess I can use "chaotic good" as an excuse. Also had to min/max stats since reloading 3 times per fight isn't very interesting or fun otherwise. Basically he's the frontliner and I'm the tank. With the greatsword he can take cover behind me and let me take all the attention.

We had a lot of great moments. He used the cursed greatsword +3 for long and I kept having to calm him down with Acclamation. Whenever he would get charmed I would mental dominate him back into sense. Sometimes I would mental dominate random thieves and make them pickpocket my friend and he had no idea where his stuff went. We sometimes have to give a call to Bob the Skeleton Warrior and his invaluable 100% magic resis. I used Turn Undead on ghasts and greater ghouls to keep them stalled in a corner and he would use the two-hander range to safely kill them. I spam Find Traps to show him where the triggers are since he hasn't played BG as much as I did. Unfortunately had to use remove fear and the goblet of cheese to tank demonknight, Aec and drizzt (kind of lame they still plow through -9 AC + belt + harmony with zero problem). Although it really sucks that priests can't revive in BG1 under the xp cap. That's a shame.

Intend to continue all the way through SoD, SoA, ToB, hopefully including BP/BP2 and IWD1. Depends on sales I guess.
    AerakarGreenWarlockJuliusBorisov
  • catsarekacampcatsarekacamp Member Posts: 52
    Just started a Halfling Kensai dual-wielding daggers for a full trilogy run. This should be... interesting.
    ThacoBellAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2016
    After some BG no reload unsuccesful tries, And getting bored of knowing the game, I bought IWD:EE and play it at insane with normal damage (but more monsters). Had forgotten how fun this game is!
    catsarekacampmf2112JuliusBorisov
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I've been waiting for 2.0 to hit IWD:EE, myself. I have trouble seeing things without the outline, my colorblindness has become quite annoying of late.

The moment 2.0 hits though...
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

I've been waiting for 2.0 to hit IWD:EE, myself. I have trouble seeing things without the outline, my colorblindness has become quite annoying of late.

Have you ever looked into the color blindness correcting glasses? http://enchroma.com
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    I wanted to play through all of SCS insane (IR+SR) without using arcane magic. I started a Fighter 9 -> Totemic Druid, but realized that in BG2 I'd have access to most of that stuff through Cernd and his werewolf form. So I created a Wizard Slayer/Thief multi with the rebalancing mod and am having a lot of fun with that. It's my first character that can't cast spells. Hopefully I'll hold on to this. (I can't decide on proficencies. RIght now I'm using dual short swords (Backstabbing and Fractal) but I've changed them a few times. Have a pip for Bala's axe too, though I'm not sure what I'm going to use in BG2.)
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171

jtth said:

I dropped my insane SCS shapeshifter. It was too easy, too much just hitting things. Started a solo sorcerer with the same difficulty settings, my first. Super fun. Half way through BG1 and level 9 already :P

This is probably because of the improvements an "Improved shapeshifting" component from the SCS brings. After numerous tries, I've decided against using this component. Too much MR with a greater wolfwere form. Also, while tokens are fine, I find them rather OP for BG - you shapeshift in a blink of an eye, without wasting any aura in a round.
    It is, but the standard improvements are... basically useless and make no sense. Limited duration shifting once a day that takes an aura and is interruptible?

Have you played as a shapeshifter in SCS without the changes?

Also, I'd imagine it stops being OP later in SoA, especially when +3 weapons are lackluster. I guess I'll see in my wizard slayer/thief anti-arcane playthrough with Cernd.
    mf2112 said:

Have you ever looked into the color blindness correcting glasses? http://enchroma.com
    Yes, but they don't work for my degree of colorblindness, I have a large number of colors that I can't tell the difference, not just a standard thing like green and red.
    semiticgoddessmf2112
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @catsarekacamp That sounds quite fun
    catsarekacampsemiticgoddess
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I've decided to play through Baldur's Gate 2 with a team of six arcane spellcasters. The main character is a Conjurer who can only cast Conjuration spells. The team also includes an Abjurer who can only cast Abjuration spells, an Invoker who can only cast Evocation/Invocation spells, a Transmuter who can only cast Alteration spells, an Illusionist/Thief who can only cast Illusion spells, and a Blade who can only cast Enchantment, Divination and Necromancy spells. There are a few spells that I let everyone learn unless their school prohibited them: Shocking Grasp, Blindness, Invisibility, Vampiric Touch, Monster Summoning 1, Dimension Door, Contingency (not Chain Contingency), Cacofiend, and Bigby's Crushing Hand. Each character starts the game with every spell of their school(s) from levels 1 to 4 learned, as well as the spells listed above.

I really like BG2 mages and I feel like they have the potential to not be overpowered.
  • catsarekacampcatsarekacamp Member Posts: 52

@catsarekacamp That sounds quite fun

So far he's REALLY powerful. It's insanely fun. I've always been a fan of spamming conditions vs. almost negligable differences in average damage, and nothing does it like dual-wielding daggers.
    AerakarAstafas
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    The Elven Anti-Hero Yyrruenwe is currently assembling a band of nefarious cohorts to help with his dark ascension to ultimate power. The needs of the many are meaningless when compared to the needs of the one! I decided to specialize in longbow, katana and quarterstaff as an Elven fighter/mage. Had Neera in the party for a while, but she got too whiny so I opted for that entertaining "Jester in Red" of a mage, Edwin. I like using ranged tactics with this band. Edwin summons monsters, Vic summons skeletons while Yyrruenwe use his Long Comp Bow +1, Dorn use the "Scythe" crossbow and Safana plinks away with a shortbow. The evil band is still traveling the sword coast, so missile weapons continue to rule the day. Plan on dragging this evil bunch through Dragonspear, heh I've even heard there's a pretty good Katana to be found in Athkatla, we'll see how far I take Yyrruenwe.
    *Yyrruenwe of Chaos, a villain for all ages!*
    AerakarNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovSpaceInvader

Teaching Mario to my son.

I tried doing that with my lil' cousin. The kid can beat me more ways to Sunday in almost any FPS game, but can't complete a single level in Super Mario Land 3, and cost me more lives in Super Mario 3D World than I care to count...

Right now, I'm playing through the Dragon Age series on my 360 again, even though Inquisition is quite crap there. Currently just starting 2, which I'm rather happy for. I love Origin, don't get me wrong, but Snarky Hawke is just so much fun.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'm playing with a neutral good stalker 2- cleric (of oghma) , he is a broody priest who acts as a spy and loves exploration . I'm in the city of baldur's gate so far and I've decided to keep eldoth and skie in the party because it would be a nice "hook" for SoD , 'sides Imoen has already dualed to mage so I needed a good thief. I've also got minsc and dynaheir along with dynaheir's romance.
    Even though my character is neutral good I've decided that eldoth's plan isn't necessarily evil because it is currently the best way for Skie to free herself from noble life. He doesn't really trust Eldoth, though.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    I am currently testing BG2EE(solo LoB) with a F/M/T, planning to go all the way to ToB with no re-loads but equipping the F/M/T with a big "cheese".
    The game installation is unmodded. As it is a test, I don't wanna waste too much time in killing everything I come across before reaching the major bosses, that is why I use that "cheese" (and I am pretty bad with spell strategies X_X).

For those who wanna guess what the cheese is ...
    Godbow
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2016
    I just finished IWDEE and IWD2. Before I finished Pool of Radiance and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Now I'm playing the BG Saga with an Enchanter (getting NPCs only when the RP tells me to do it and to do their quests). Just entered SoD (but I'll probably quit before ToB)

Next I'll try to finish for the very first time PST.

Maybe next I'll give a chance to Pillars of Eternity and Sword Coast Legends. I know I'll probably be disappointed.

I'm waiting something from here: https://www.facebook.com/blackgeyser/

And I believe I'll never play Neverwinter Nights (both) again. Maybe Hordes of the Underdark.

After all this, maybe I'll just do a full Fallout run.

What can I say, I'm a guy with a hobby.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Been taking a break from IE games with some Pokemon fan games. Gotta scratch that itch until Sun/Moon come out.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Starting a Riyria IWDEE party on my iPad.

Hadrian Blackwater - Kensai (best approximation of Teshlor Knight, I guess)
    Royce Melborn - Shadowdancer
    Magnus - Dwarven Defender
    Myron Lanaklin - Priest of Lathander
    Arista Essendon - Enchanter
    Gwen Delancy - Bard
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277

Been taking a break from IE games with some Pokemon fan games. Gotta scratch that itch until Sun/Moon come out.

Still... trying... for... that... perfect IV... shiny...
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Trying out several newer games now that I have a new computer which can run everything, so have ongoing saves for Witcher 3, Fallout 4 but also tried out Neverwinter.

Most of my hours so far has gone into FO4, but ~20 hours in I am already starting to get slightly bored. Same with Witcher 3 unfortunately. I'm not the biggest fan of all those sandbox/open world games that has surfaced the last couple of years. Do I really want to collect berries, build settlements and bomb monster nests? Naah, not really :-/

When I get bored on FO4 I think Xcom2 is next on my list. Also saw a commercial for the new battlefield game which looked amazing, so might try that.

BG-wise I only play randomly on the ipad, an F/T and a Kensai->Druid (yeah, that took some time to roll without keeper.. ), a Blade and very rarely now (since he's in ToB and it bores me); a berzerker/cleric.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    @Skatan, what race is the F/T?
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
  • Zendog7Zendog7 Member Posts: 31
    Rangers seem to be getting a lot of love here.. I'm a big Ranger fan too, doing recent playthroughs as an Archer and a dw Stalker.

Have 2 playthroughs ongoing atm - First with a pure ranger PC, wielding 2h Sword/ FoA+shield (haven't used a shield much in any of the games since DW came out but am enjoying the 'badass tank' look. Looking forward to the Silver Sword. Have Jah, Mazzy, Jan->Imo, Anomen and Valygar along with me.. melee orientated group. Romancing Jah (never really gone in for the romances before but this is proving an interesting story arc so far).
    Second, and the one I'm spending the most time on at the moment, is a fighter(9)->mage dual, using quarterstaffs and longswords, with a custom robe which grants 5 extra spells/level (love mages but don't love resting every 5min) and boosts spell dmg by 10%. Along with me here is, at the moment (pre-spellhold) Jan, Aerie and '2nd PC', dwarven f/c multi named after my dog and with the gruffest voiceset on offer (lol). Was initially going to be a duo run, but I didn't want to trip every trap and then wait a year healing with ring of regen or use up lots of slots with debuffs when I have that robe (want to do some damage!!). So I brought in Jan and Aerie as debuff batteries and to experiment with that nuts cleric/mage combo.
    Toying with the idea of making this run into a full 6man group.. if so I'd add Minsc as my bow/2h man (makes sense with the Aerie connection) and possibly Cernd ee-keepered into a Totemic druid for a bit more summoning potential (love animate dead but 2x holy smite and 2xskull trap landing simultaneously means my lv3 cleric slots are in high-demand right now)!

Will this game ever get old??
    ThacoBellArdulAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited August 2016
    Aerakar said:

@Aerakar : I'm going "cookie cutter" half-orc since I start in BG2 without playing BG1 (I haven't purchased that for the Ipad) those extra race stat points come in handy.

Edit: I also have an elf Archer failry recently started in BG2 on the Ipad and another heavily keepered ranger in BG1 on the PC I forgot about.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
    Suddenly got back into Neverwinter. I guess a few months away from a game will help do that. Started up a Halfling Rogue with the plan of going Whisperknife for all that knife chucking goodness. Doing a dungeon, I ran into this...

Hundred of years in the future from the events of Baldur's Gates and the narrator's STILL telling me to gather my party!
    SkatanJuliusBorisovAerakar[Deleted User]
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited September 2016
    inally sat down and did my first full run of fallout 1. yes it was on easy and i did use a guide but it was fun. i also bought arcanum when it got on steam and may go through that after i finish fallout 2.
    SkatanJuliusBorisov
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Having just moved from the BioWare legacy forums (where I was rather idle lately), I will be starting a solo human Priest of Lathander in BGEE (SCS/no reload). I hope to join the no-reload thread soon.
    SkatanJuliusBorisovAerakarMacHurto
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Borco Welcome to the forum! Nice to see more bioware no-reload veterans here!
    Aerakarsemiticgoddess
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited September 2016
    I just managed to successfully install:

Ascension
    Tactics
    The Darkest Day
    Assassination
    Planarsphere Mod
    MSFM
    Golem Construction
    CDTweaks
    Unofficial Item Pack
    UB
    and ofc SCS

Time for a solo (with party just for banters and 1/6 XP), insane playthrough! Kreygasm
    SkatanJuliusBorisovAerakar