Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Swifty_Magee It's a Beamdog version. No modmerge needed.

@smeagolheart Thanks for that. I'll hold off for now on my 'Garrick is the Bhaalspawn' run. This must be very frustrating for you after putting :(
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    decado said:

@Swifty_Magee It's a Beamdog version. No modmerge needed.

@smeagolheart Thanks for that. I'll hold off for now on my 'Garrick is the Bhaalspawn' run. This must be very frustrating for you after putting :(

For what it's worth it still works in BG2EE and IWDEE - just not BG1EE (with sod)
  • TKBoldTKBold Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2016
    Well, for me, the soundsets do work, technically... but their subtitles are all wrong (at least for BG:EE with SoD installed... It's kind of funny to have a character say only one word when selected, but their subtitle is practically two lines long, albeit its also kind of distracting. I hope this gets fixed soon!

EDIT: Looks like this was addressed earlier in the topic. Oops. Well, that's what I get for jumping in at the tail-end of a conversation.
    Post edited by TKBold on
    did you use modmerge before the install? IF you have steam/gog it will not display the subs correctly if you don't extract the dialogue files first. That goes for any mod not just mine.

With soundsets, even if you run modmerge, selection sounds won't work due to the engine bug noted above. I'd suggest not installing it for now on BGEE/SOD.

• TKBoldTKBold Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2016
    For the time being, I've put the soundsets in the "lang\en_US\sounds" folder manually, sans the text-bearing .tra files... that means there's no subtitling, but I'm sure I can survive for now. Probably. :P
    edited May 2016
    Has anyone extracted the BG2 soundsets for use? Also are there any plans to add the missing BG1 sets into the bundle (Branwen/Jaheira etc)?

I've decided if I can't do a BG1 Garrick run then I would like to make a BG1 party in IWDEE. I'd want both Branwen (as a Priest of Tempus) and Jaheira in that mix.
    It seems like it's working with the 2.2 patch to me so far:

"siege" compatible soundsets volume 2 beta
    http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/rKDpyYTz/file.html

Anybody else?
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229

It seems like it's working with the 2.2 patch to me so far:

"siege" compatible soundsets volume 2 beta

Anybody else?

I'm currently running the GOG version of BGEE so I'll most likely have to wait near the end of the week to test it out. But it's good that it sounds like the issues may be fixed. I just checked the 2.2 patch notes and in the BGEE: SoD section it does say a couple of things about selection sounds being fixed.

After getting the patch, I'll re-install my soundsets and see if everything works okay.
    @Swifty_Magee you'll need the compatibility code from the one I posted above
    edited May 2016

Is the zippyshare link you posted above the same SoD-compatible code you made weeks ago, or is this a brand new version?
  • GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    It's working, flawlessly it seems (subtitles and all). I wish I could say the same for other mods I tried to dovetail into the new install... Mind you, they weren't perfect before (My UI mods are possibly the reason that I can't access the new 'don't scroll off the map' or 'scale to nearest' - however I *still* prefer not having the sidebars beneath the buttons... but I digress).

Any self (manually) installed voice sets are still not registering selection sounds, is that involving the 'compatibility coding' as well? Again, I think I might have triggered them the first time, but they disappeared shortly after.

I'm also curious about the .lua file improvement, but that may be totally unrelated to this... but it is much cleaner than lumping everything together in the main file... the ability to remove certain aspects of modding by deleting a file seems pretty efficient.

It's weird to begin considering modding when the system is in flux, though I hope that means it is easier to learn what's going on...

Thanks, @smeagolheart for your patience.

Is the zippyshare link you posted above the same SoD-compatible code you made weeks ago, or is this a brand new version?
    zippy

zippy
    So this is indeed a new version? An update to the SoD changes you made in volume 2? Or is this just the old version you posted about in this comment: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/767569/#Comment_767569

I'm just trying to figure out if I'll have to make more code changes to my soundset pack. It's currently SoD-compatible.

Anyway, seems like there is confirmation that it works now. Although @Gynsburghe said that "Any self (manually) installed voice sets are still not registering selection sounds...", and I'm not sure if that means any Awesome Soundsets he installed via the mod or any soundsets he dropped in a "sounds" folder.

@Gynsburghe , can you post back to tell me if selection sounds are playing with any Awesome Soundset installed soundsets in your game. I'd like to know if the selection sounds not playing are the result of the mod or a game bug.
    I haven't dropped the Awesome Soundset 'pirate pack' back in yet (I have a pirate play through on pause due to it not working in 2.0), will do that soon (like after I write this). I'm using non-subtitled 'antique' sound sets that I've dug up.

The S9Soundsetsv2 '2.0 version' of the IWD voices that is posted above is working flawlessly - subtitles and all. Any voice sets that I manually added to US_EN in Lang are still failing to produce selection sounds.

Oddly, Tenya (NPC mod, 2.0 friendly) managed to get out an "Umberlee guides my way" once (her selection sound... in fact, her only sound!). I've bumped into this before, the 'one and done' response on selection. I thought I was imagining it at first...

Thanks to all for trying to resolve and figure this out, I have been collecting Vincent Price sound clips for an upcoming play through challenge...

edited May 2016
    The V2 zip a couple of posts up works fine in BG:SoD. The BG1 voice pack still is having difficulty.

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to CHARSND.2da")
    The GOG version of the 2.2 patch launched earlier today and my Awesome Soundset pack installs fine and seems to work perfectly on BGEE with SoD. So I'm uploading the newest version of my soundset pack, now at 2.3. The only change to this version is that it adds Siege of Dragonspear compatibility.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fim078431ubmb8/Swifty Magee's Soundsets 2.3.7z?dl=0
    decado said:

The V2 zip a couple of posts up works fine in BG:SoD. The BG1 voice pack still is having difficulty.

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to CHARSND.2da")

I updated the OP with volume 0 and volume 2. I tried updating volume 1 but for some reason it was not playing selection sounds so it and the other volumes are not yet updated.
    edited May 2016
    *deleted* = found problems with downloaded files... will investigate further before posting.

Follow up: All sound files in the DL when extracted were corrupted - I have run into this in the past as well. I'm not sure that my extraction program (Mac) likes the compression format (though I have downloaded a number of mods with the same without any such problem). Everything but the .wav files seem to be fine, and installed without error. So, alas, @Swifty_Magee , I can't verify that it is working on Mac/Beamdog. Your subtitles however are working without a hitch for me ;)

edited May 2016
    @smeagolheart

I'm a bit confused. In IWD I made an Ajantis clone, however he refuses to speak his voiceset sounds although the subtitles are correct.

I then made a random Gnome Illusionist and gave him the same voiceset. Both sounds and subtitles work perfectly for him.

I freshly downloaded and installed a few minutes ago.

Ideas/Insight?

[EDIT] I figured this bug out. Pregenerating a character breaks the voicesets in the above fashion. Creating a fresh character and playing them straight away works perfectly. This also seems to persist across saved games.
    That's strange it's the exact same voiceset! What is going on?
    @subtledoctor - you've mentioned how pre-generating characters can break things in the background. Is this one of those things (see my edited post above)?
    @smeagolheart, any plans for the remaining BG1 NPCs?
    I did at the time do all the ones I found interesting, are there any that you would like or consider missing?

Like I didn't want to do Imoen because she's there all the time and I have her in my party most the time and if she's not in the party, I don't want to hear her voiceset again :)
    Personally I'd love Branwen, Jaheira and Kagain - mainly as I'm looking to take them into an IWD run.
    Hmm... Branwen would definitely work in IWD, a natural fit! I'll see what I can do, it might be a while, got a lot of my plate at the minute...
  • PlainsrunnerPlainsrunner Member Posts: 13
    So I've a request. While not the soundsets uploaded here, I was hoping you all might have some insight nonetheless. The soundsets over at Vox Populi (notably Brekke, which I'm trying to use), and indeed any I haven't installed via weidu (like Driel from PP), seem to only play some of the sounds. I'm not getting any selection sounds. Leadership sounds, command sounds, dmg sounds, death sounds, battle cries, crits (misses and hits), and stealth all seem to be fine (through checking various stuff in Candlekeep).

Any clue why the selection sounds are missing though? I've checked the sounds themselves, and they seem to be labeled right.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2016

So I've a request. While not the soundsets uploaded here, I was hoping you all might have some insight nonetheless. The soundsets over at Vox Populi (notably Brekke, which I'm trying to use), and indeed any I haven't installed via weidu (like Driel from PP), seem to only play some of the sounds. I'm not getting any selection sounds. Leadership sounds, command sounds, dmg sounds, death sounds, battle cries, crits (misses and hits), and stealth all seem to be fine (through checking various stuff in Candlekeep).

Any clue why the selection sounds are missing though? I've checked the sounds themselves, and they seem to be labeled right.

@Plainsrunner
    Yes. It's a Bug. I've identified it on the bug tracked but unfortunately it hasn't been addressed yet.

Here's:

@decado The mod doesn't work with SOD due to an engine bug.

There is no point in installing it now unfortunately until this bug gets resolved.

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23231

If you really want to install it, use this link for Awesome Soundsets Vol 2.

download link

But selection sounds and most sounds will not work due to the engine bug. I have no idea when the bug will be addressed unfortunately.

• PlainsrunnerPlainsrunner Member Posts: 13
    Oddly selection sounds are the only ones not playing though (well, maybe spell interrupted). And only for soundsets not installed via Weidu. Because when I tested it with a soundset from this thread (the Riddick one), it worked out fine. Every sound seemed to play. Subtitles for all of them. Figured it was something to do with not being a weidu install.

If I get the time, I'll see about using your guide to package the soundset and install it through Weidu. See if that fixes it. Earliest would be tomorrow.
    I've found the same bug without weidu at all, I copied the existing sounds and renamed them. And got no selection sounds.

It's in the bug report.

It's not weidu.