Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

decado said:

@subtledoctor - you've mentioned how pre-generating characters can break things in the background. Is this one of those things (see my edited post above)?

Hard to say, as I don't know how this mod works. I vaguely remember that pre-generating characters would break kit abilities in clab tables that use certain timing modes. I can't imagine a soundset mod would suffer from that issue... but then again ore-generating may have more bugs.

I suppose a soundset is something set during character generation just like class, kit, stats, abilities, etc. So something about the way it is added to the .cre file isn't picked up when pre-generating.

Doesn't pre-generation actually create a .chr file? Which has different offsets than a .cre file. So maybe the soundset me get added to a certain offset in a .cre file, but it doesn't work in .chr files.

Again, hard to say since we don't know exactly how it works. I suggested in another thread that we would be best off eliminating the "pre-generate" button and instead have people start a game and then export the character. It's only 2 extra button clicks... but when I suggested that in another thread, people cursed at me and then shut down the thread. It was actually kind of astonishing.
    In terms of this voiceset bug the export character produces the same bug as the pre-generate character - which is subtitles but no sounds. Rolling and playing the character straight away doesn't produce this bug.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    This problem didn't exist until 2 patches ago and doesn't exist in IWDEE which has not got the 2.0 patch.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    That's odd as all of my above is happening in my unmodded IWDEE.
    decado said:

That's odd. Very strange stuff. All's I know with these mods, they were fine on pc version IWDee, bgee, and BG2EE until the recent patches. Since the last two patches and sod, had problems in bgee.
    decado said:

That's odd. Very strange stuff. All's I know with these mods, they were fine on pc version IWDee, bgee, and BG2EE until the recent patches. Since the last two patches and sod, had problems in bgee.
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58

decado said:

The V2 zip a couple of posts up works fine in BG:SoD. The BG1 voice pack still is having difficulty.

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to CHARSND.2da")

I updated the OP with volume 0 and volume 2. I tried updating volume 1 but for some reason it was not playing selection sounds so it and the other volumes are not yet updated.
    Any chance of getting volume 3 (planescape) updated as well? :) Always try to use Anna as the VO for my protagonist. :)
    @XKal

Here it is:
    http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/0f5LsS8R/file.html

The uploader on spellhold studios isn't working so I uploaded it to zippyshare. But don't get too excited - the selection sounds weren't working for me anyway
  • GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    @smeagolheart - I used your v0 shell to refine the old (1999) Elvira sound sets I found and add a few choice new ones. It worked, completely - all dialogue and self scribed subtitles including Selection sounds, consistently. Also being used on a pregenerated/EEkeepered character. I made sure all my audio was mono 16bit wav after positioning (otherwise I would get white noise)...

Yay!
    @Gynsburghe great... I have no idea why some seem to work and others do not still. It doesn't make sense to me when everything seems the same - even renaming official ones they don't get selection sounds - no weidu involved no other files than copying the official working ones.

Really odd.

I'm glad it worked. If you want to upload somewhere I can link in the first post additional fan soundsets.
  • GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    I might tweak this one a little, some of the sound clips have the 'Movie Macabre' music behind them - which isn't too bad, but I know I can isolate better than the original (the ones I added are pretty much 'dry', just voice). I'd also like to get my Vincent Price one up and running and maybe bundle them together. I'm grabbing to soundbites from his old 'spooky story' type records.

I'm very tempted to add them both into the game as an NPC mod, as I've made a pretty convincing Elvira with the mage paper doll. I also have a portrait of Bela Lugosi with pointy ears that I've made to look like a Drow... Draczit? But I digress...

I'm doing this for my first 'play through challenge' - a 13 roll 'stat in order' with SCS roleplaying, minimal reload (Elvira death only), which I have a Comic Life template set up to document.

When I get something solid, I'll send you the link. Thanks for the interest.

I might be playing/modding BG a little too much these days... my PnP group gave me shit... ;)
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @smeagolheart
    I can't seem to get your IWD soundset mod to work on SoD.
    The changelog says that v1.5 was updated to be compatible with SoD, but when I download it from the link at spellhold studios, I only get v1.0.

The readme that I download also says that it is only updated to v1.0.
    Thanks in advance.
    edited June 2016
    I've had a lot of issues with spellhold studios hosting. I've not been able to update my mods there but I thought volume 2 updated but it seems it didn't.

I'll have to find an alternative hoster.
  • KailuKailu Member Posts: 4
    Hi! I was told to come here for help with soundsets and was wondering how to get soundsets to work with SoD or just in general, the current ones I have don't seem to work with BG anymore, but only with the selection sounds, almost like the letterings were changed when SoD came around and was hoping I could get the new letterings so I can make/fix the soundsets I've made and will make.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    @Kailu , if you own a Steam or GOG version of SoD, you'll need to use the program called ModMerge, which can be found on the forums: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1. This program will basically extract the SoD data to BGEE's main directory so you can mod the game. After going through the ModMerge process, you should be able to install any Awesome Soundsets you have.

If you own the Beamdog version of BGEE and SoD, then you should be able install your Awesome Soundsets without any trouble. Just make sure that all the files needed for your mod are in the correct folders; for Awesome Soundsets, all the files should be in BGEE's main directory.
    @Swifty_Magee It's not actually Awesome Soundsets that I'm trying, just using the ones I've created, one of the devs just pointed me to this page for advice, though if this program is what's needed then that's fine too.
    @Kailu I've got a redmine open for soundsets not working, is this similar to what you are seeing?

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23231
  • PlainsrunnerPlainsrunner Member Posts: 13
    When I attempted to install soundsets last (non-weidu), everything but selections sounds played. Not sure if that changed with the most recent patch though.
    " Selection sounds and most other sounds (bored, tired etc) do not work. Only action acknowledgement sounds fire." Yeah that's the issue. @smeagolheart
    Is it a bug with the game or is there a fix?
    Kailu said:

Is it a bug with the game or is there a fix?

Engine bug, no fix, waiting on fix from Beamdog
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Is there a way to use custom sound sets on iOS? Any suggestion will be appreciated....
    I know ( from the "Troubleshooting section) that I need to create a zip archive and use the following extension: .bg1sound..... But what are the files that must be renamed? I mean, if you want to use a custom portrait, you have to zip and rename a .bmp file; what about a custom sound set?
    @lunar , @subtledoctor , I summon thee!
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    I'm still waiting for the fix. Won't start SoD until my boys Kaigan and Eldoth soundsets are fully working!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2016
    @subtledoctor Unfortunately, there is little information or guidance on how to deal with custom sound sets.......
    I zipped a .wav file, then I renamed it to .bg1sound and finally I emailed it to myself; it didn't work :/:/
    Anyway, there must be a way to make them work properly..........
    @Dee, @Cerevant Could you provide additional details on this topic ( from the "Troubleshooting" section ) "How do I transfer my saved games, custom sound sets, or portraits from a PC or Mac to my iPad?" ?
  • SaerilethSaerileth Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

I'm trying to get Volume 2 (the IWD2 soundsets) to work with Siege of Dragonspear. Unfortunately, they seem to have changed the file format in the expansion, because I get the following error when trying to run the installer:

Cannot append column-wise because there are 48 lines in CHARSND.2da but I was only given 28 things to append

I don't know the first thing about Weidu installers, and adding soundsets manually to CHARSND.2da is a pain. But I'd really like to play with these sounds, the vanilla selection for BG1 is supremely disappointing. Can someone help me?
    Yes that was part of the error that I addressed earlier. I uploaded a fixed version to Spellhold Studios but they crashed and lost a couple of months of data to my understanding.

Also, the bug I opened about soundsets has still not been fixed (link above).

I'll find an alternative hoster (or re-upload to Spellhold if their uploader is working) so it should install but I can't promise it will work due to the selection sound engine bug beamdog hasn't fixed yet.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    So I think I've been through most of the files here. I'm curious why the BG1 set doesn't have Kivan, Minsc, Montaran and a few others. I was happy I at least got Xvar and Xan, but some other really unique ones aren't there. Is it a copyright issue?
    No, just a question of interest and work. Its a lot of work to add a soundset and I didn't know if anyone was interested in those guys for their PC.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Cool. I'm having a go myself. I need to know what the last letter in the filename stands corresponds to...warcry, tired etc. I've got Kivans wav files, but they dont have that enumeration. I dont care about subtitles, ive messed up my installs plenty of times messing with tlk files...I'm just going to dump the files in sounds when Im done renaming them...Thats what I've done with most of the sound files here ...most dont install properly on my machine so I just dump the .wav files and it works fine.. How do I rename the BG1 files properly for BG2?