Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    This isn't really a general sound advice thread, but it's for if you have some thing about the mod.
  • CrookshanksCrookshanks Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give advice on install of soundsets to a rather computer retarded gnome?

Though... Let me tell you what I am TRYING to do, and maybe y'all can advise me or tell me where to go:

Annah soundset from PS:T
    Two character Soundset from BG2 (One game, one mod - for my own personal use, not for distrib.

Into Game Pillars Of Eternity.

Also wondering about the NWNF (NWNF_7, found in this thread to be exact) Comes in its own .EXE - can it be used in POE?

Sorry so stupid. Really all I want to do is import my (version) of two fave BG2 Characters into POV and use Annah as MY character's voice.

Advise?

Thanks!

Crookshanks
  • uaintjakuaintjak Member Posts: 15
    So, earlier in this thread, smeagolheart, you mentioned that you had done soundsets from Dragon Age as well...are those still available? I'd love for my paladin to sound like Alistair and my sorceress to sound like Morrigan.
    I have not created anything from Dragon age
    Oh whoops, my bad. Looks like that was Swiftymacgee, but those files are no longer available on the Dropbox link he posted.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Anyone actually found a way to just import the BG1 sounds into BG2 using this? I want my CHARMAIN to have the same voice he had in BG1.
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    Baptor said:

Anyone actually found a way to just import the BG1 sounds into BG2 using this? I want my CHARMAIN to have the same voice he had in BG1.

I'm in the same boat :/
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    At the risk of sounding a bit repetitive, having both soundsets available is part of what EET offers.
  • peepsqueakpeepsqueak Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Is it possible make a request?

Kaelyn the Dove's voiceset would be awesome. :)
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited September 2016
    uaintjak said:

Oh whoops, my bad. Looks like that was Swiftymacgee, but those files are no longer available on the Dropbox link he posted.

@uaintjak Sorry about that not being available. Here's the current link to my soundsets: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fim078431ubmb8/Swifty Magee's Soundsets 2.3.7z?dl=0
    Awesome! Thanks so much for making those available again.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    My thanks as well @Swifty_Magee. :)
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    Just a quick question: do the wav files have to be downgraded to 22 kHz, 16-bit mono sound? When converting from MP3s, does leaving the sound quality above 22 Khz, or 32-bit, or stereo, cause any problems? Thanks.
  • MalatarMalatar Member Posts: 9
    I love the S9Soundsets shell and the one I put together works wonderfully with me with only one exception. SoD creates a problem. I run "modmerge" to convert SoD's zip file into a normal mod on BGEE, and after I do that, while my other mods all install fine, S9Soundsets won't run anymore. My error message is: "Cannot append column-wise because there are 48 lines in CHARSND.2da but I was only given 28 things to append"

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218

At the risk of sounding a bit repetitive, having both soundsets available is part of what EET offers.

I see something about IWDEE soundsets but not anything about BG1EE into BG2EE or vice versa.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

The ticket for this issue has been open for 6 months and no work has been made on this issue - at least from what I can see.

http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23231

The reason for me not having a BGEE/BG2EE installation presently. At least IWDEE's working okay :neutral:
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637

I see something about IWDEE soundsets but not anything about BG1EE into BG2EE or vice versa.
    I believe IWDEE soundsets are an option in EET Tweaks while merging the rest is just part of the base package. It merges BG1EE(SoD included) and BG2EE under a single set of ressources.
    edited October 2016
    @smeagolheart
    Important!
    I have found a temporary solution to custom soundsets not playing properly in a BG 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear: go to your Game Directory, then in the "lang" folder, then in "en_US" folder (or whatever language you are using), then into the "sounds" folder; then pick whatever default soundset you have no interest in using--for example I chose Male3--then a rename all the prefixes of the sound files of a copy of your desired custom soundset, for example Dakkon files PSTDakka, PSTDakkb, PSTDakkc, etc. become Male3a, Male3b, Male4c, etc.; then paste the rename files into you "sound" folder, allowing them to overwrite the old files; and success! Now your custom soundset will play perfectly in game. You just have to select the soundset you replaced's name, so that Dakkon's voice appears as "Male: Streetwise" (aka Male3)
    P.S.: I apologize if someone has already brought this up this.
    So you can overwrite the default voices and it works? That's a limited solution for sure.

I've tried making a copy and renaming male3 to another name like gale3 for example and it does not work - no selection sounds, etc. Hadn't tried overwriting the default voices.

It seems clear that the default file names are key to getting working voicesets for some reason then and additional or different filenames will not work.
    @smeagolheart
    Unfortunately the subtitles are of the old soundset, but it is a small price to pay to use your favorite soundset in the current game; and, yes, the files used for BG2 will not play, but all the basic sounds used in vanilla BG1 will work, so it isn't too different from playing a custom soundset designed for 1998 Baldur's Gate.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @smeagolheart I have created mod adding 57 extra, polish soundsets for player, but i noticed 3 "selected" sounds (XXXXf, XXXXg XXXXh) doesn't work in BG1:EE and SoD. What's funny by default we have the same set of sounds as mine (Male1/ON1) with exactly the same sounds and names and it works fine. BG2:EE and EET works fine. Do you know why's that?
    https://github.com/Eltamin/etamin-soundsets
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    @Etamin
    Just a few posts above, friend...

But don't get too excited because an engine bug with the new implementation leads to selection and other sounds flat out not working. The ticket for this issue has been open for 6 months and no work has been made on this issue - at least from what I can see.

In other words, it won't work as expected until the mighty Beamdog wizards clean up whatever it is they broke :smirk:
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    Have you tried naming them .acm instead of .wav? Pure guess here since BGEE wants music files as acm while BG2EE is happy with .wav
    God said:

@Etamin
    Just a few posts above, friend...

But don't get too excited because an engine bug with the new implementation leads to selection and other sounds flat out not working. The ticket for this issue has been open for 6 months and no work has been made on this issue - at least from what I can see.

In other words, it won't work as expected until the mighty Beamdog wizards clean up whatever it is they broke :smirk:

Last update 7 months ago. Submitted April 29, 2016
  • GutbusterGutbuster Member Posts: 6
    A friendly forum helper pointed me in this direction, so I'm going to do a shameless copy n paste of my question posed in the separate thread.
    Gutbuster said:

Greetings,

I'm about to import my character from SoD to BG2 but would like to keep the new voice sets introduced with SoD. Currently using the female 'relaxed' one.

But I can't for the life of me figure out where it is stored? SoD from what I can tell does not have it's own installation path nor a sub folder in the sounds folder.
    Even a wildcard search over the entire drive does not produce any additional sound files than the ones I already got.

Even, changing the name of the \Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\lang\en_US\sounds to soundsX leaves the SoD voices sets in the game whilst removing all others.

Any insights would be appreciated.

@Gutbuster

C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00806\lang\en_US\sounds
  • GutbusterGutbuster Member Posts: 6

@Gutbuster

Thanks for the reply, however I have no Beamdog folder anywhere on my computer.
    Gutbuster said:

@Gutbuster

Thanks for the reply, however I have no Beamdog folder anywhere on my computer.
    you have an 00806 folder somewhere, find out where your local content is.