Skip to content

What you can do to increase chances of bringing SoD companions to BG2EE

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
Want to get any of the Fantastic Four from SoD in BG2EE? Or maybe all of them?

1) Tweet about them, what you like about them, and how much you'd like to see more of them. Hashtag #Dragonspear, probably more effective to direct tweets to Wizards of the Coast than Beamdog, but both would be best.

2) Seek out Beamdog and WotC folk at conventions/shows and tell them face to face that you'd like to see them return.

3) Cosplay the characters, let people know who they are and where they come from, and especially make sure people from WotC and/or Beamdog get to see them, ideally in person but at least in pics. That's a big ask, I know, but I also know a few different people showing up to a con as Glint or M'Khiin would probably make a bigger impact than anything else.

4) Create fanart and post it everywhere you can

Source

Also, there's a forum poll about this subject.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Well, Change.org is a petition website ;)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2016
    @JuliusBorisov
    Perhaps we can add this pool to the OP as main reference for those who want to express their support?
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Isn't that a white house thing not a general thing..
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

Isn't that a white house thing not a general thing..
    Nope, you're thinking of this, which is not change.org.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Added the 4th way ;)
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440

Anybody know how to set up a petition where we can vote Beamdog/WotC can see how many people have said they'd be interested in this?

We need @billbisco to get on the petition route for sure.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    As long as having them added to my game is 100 percent optional, I am all for it.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    When I'll have some time and I'll regain some of my motivation, number 4 will be a way for me, I guess.
  • FemShepFemShep Member Posts: 22
    I would love to have any official announcement from Beamdog about their current work.
    I am pretty curious what they are planning for 2017. If the expansion like SoD is not planned for BG2:EE, just a DLC with SoD companions would be great.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    ditto @FemShep, ditto
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    I did not play with the goblin but i now want glint in bg2. volighin i can live with out he is in blackpits 2 so it's no loss and i found him boring. and this is coming from someone that likes corwin as well.
  • GrimjackMVGrimjackMV Member Posts: 151
    Voted up! I loved the companions from SoD!
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    id be happy for any mention of the SoD in BG2. the companions would be a bonus
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    I just want ALL the items from SoD in BG2EE....NPC's would be cake IMO.
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    @Arius given they were able to put new NPCs into BG, BG2 and ToB i would tend to agree. i and alot of other people are clearly lacking the closure that SoD was meant to bring to the series and hopefully we get it!!
This discussion has been closed.