Skip to content

Would you be interested in another expansion to Baldur's Gate 2 EE?

Comments

• ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    Hm no..

maybe impreove TOB but rly there is n need for a new game.
    BG 3 (if any) should be set after the events, when your main maybe is long a dead god.
  • MaarudMaarud Member Posts: 13
    After releasing SoD it is high time for Beamdog to make a stand-alone game and prove that they can come up with something awesome on their own. I'd also say that another BG-related content - as harsh as it may sound - would just not be profitable enough to develop the company. They probably won't reach new audience that way, and searching for new players interested in their work is in my opinion crucial for the Beamdog's longevity.

[not to say that I wouldn't buy another expansion; releasing it is just not something PR- and financially wise, IMHO]
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2016
    No, I'd prefer a completely new game from Beamdog, with or without the Infinity Engine. Or maybe an updated NWN2, which had certain issues (I wouldn't bother with the original NWN, which was more or less perfect).
  • BartTPBartTP Member Posts: 19
    I voted yes, but frankly I would love to see some kind of crossover with Icewind Dale, more like following adventures of other NPC we know from BG1 and BG2. I'd love to see Kivan again, Coran, Kagain, Yeslick, Xan (ah, Kagain and Korgan in one party, that'd be cool) - guys (and gals) that were dropped by original BG team, considered unimportant (not like Minsc, Edwin, Jaheira, Imoen, etc. - make Viconia alive, BTW! - I assume she doesn't have to die if not married with bhaalspawn). It would be cool to have access to whole world known from previous games; would love to run between Baldur's Gate and Athkala, travel to Icewind Dale with a mission, run again on those hills near Nashkel, etc. Keep IE though; we don't need another Witcher III with enormous hardware requirements. What do you think?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Sure.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    It's time for a new isometric RPG on a new engine. Personally, I think they should have done this instead of SOD.
  • SavagostroSavagostro Member Posts: 19
    Of course no more addons, storyline of Child OF Bhaal is completed. BG3 is too risky step without proper peaple to develop i think
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Yes if beamdog thinks of BG3. BG2\ToB new content.
    Since they not ready yet to make game on BG2 level. They should practice, ID2ee PSTee will do too but these game are diffrent ,BG is between ID and PST something like perfect fusion.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Only if its playable with the concerned NPC tagging along without necessarily being in the party.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    No, I want an entirely new story that would be BG3/BGNext/whatever. Using a new engine (the Infinity Engine is old as crap, guys), 5E rules, and having a powerful and comprehensive toolset for modders/builders.
    mf2112
  • proghead3proghead3 Member Posts: 65
    No.

The saga is complete.

Beamdog has tainted the series enough with their low quality NPCs and their poorly written quests. Let's limit the desecration.

2E rules are a complete and utter disaster and should be left to die.

If they want to improve the series, they can start by removing Dorn and Hexxat and fixing troll death.
    edited June 2016
    proghead3 said:

Beamdog has tainted the series enough with their low quality NPCs and their poorly written quests. Let's limit the desecration.

lol, is someone forgetting to take off their rose-colored glasses, those same glasses that seem to cause one to forget the reason original BG1/2 are so great is mostly due to mods?!
  • proghead3proghead3 Member Posts: 65

proghead3 said:

lol, is someone forgetting to take off their rose-colored glasses, those same glasses that seem to cause one to forget the reason original BG1/2 are so great is mostly due to mods?!
    I actually have considered that nostalgia-induced bias may be coloring my feelings of the new content. However, the gap in quality between old and new content is so large that I had to reject that hypothesis.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I feel like the main saga has been tied up nicely with the release of SOD. I would rather see new IP
    jackjackmf2112
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    I think something small would be cool. Maybe showing the protagonist's journey from Suldanessellar to Saradush that focuses on the havoc the armies of The 5 caused and maybe clearing out a temple of Bhaal (maybe the temple the protagonist was born it). It would not have to be as large as SoD.
    smeagolheart
  • atakdogatakdog Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2016
    I would love to see more BG2 content, as long as it were written well. That means it would have to be done by someone other than Beamdog.
    proghead3DJKajuru
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would love a pre ToB expansion that would describe the intro video (coming back to athkatla and realizing that the Bhaalspawn war had started, heading for Suldanesselar etc...)
    atakdog said:

I would love to see more BG2 content, as long as it were written well. That means it would have to be done by someone other than Beamdog.

Are you serious?! Really. Why even be here then, if you hate Beamdog so much?! /facepalm
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Yes but with certain conditions.

The new story would be BG but not about the bhaal spawn. Imagine instead a parallel story that happens at the same time - where you might bump into the bhaal spawn hero while adventuring or dealing with your own quest. In Faerun there are a bunch of other stories that happen at the same time so a new story that is in the same universe would be nice even with some of the other NPC would be great BUT no more bhaal spawns.

With the fall of the gods of Faerun that started the Time of Troubles - there could be a ton of quests and story related possibilities that can be used for a new story based (just look at some of the novels to see the sheer amount of stories available) in the same relative time period and universe of the post Time of Trouble world of Faerun.

I'd like a story that perhaps could start at level 1 and go to level 15 (max) or so - it would make for a nice long adventure.

I would also like to see better 2e rule integration and less engine exploits if possible and smarter monsters would be great. The story should be more spaced out so PCs won't max level and as such never reach epic levels and NO MORE HLA especially not the way it is currently implemented make it more class specific without the cheese.

If the developers wanted to make a story and allow for epic levels than it should be better made:

An example: new UAI idea - thieves can still choose this HLA ability but they must choose it for EACH individual type of weapons or item - for example UAI for scrolls (mage scrolls) the thief must choose UAI for each level of scroll (one UAI for level 1 mage scrolls etc; the thief must also possess a minimum INT of 14 to even consider be allowed access to this HLA skill) - % of failure goes up as the levels go up and no thief can cast higher than a level 3 spell scroll; UAI for individual weapon/armor types e.g. UAI for two-handed sword, another UAI for other weapons that they cannot use - (NOTE UAI should never give thieves access to artifacts like holy avenger or staff of the magi) - UAI should only allow non-class specific weapons to be used at a negative to hit and damage regardless of their level and there should always be a % for using it improperly - e.g. thief in full armor if fails % roll is totally unable to attack - actually has a critical fall or something - stunned for 1 round and all attacks (hit and damage) and saves suffer -10; using a non-thief weapon for fighting or backstabbing - and fail % roll you basically suffer 10 damage as you fumble the weapon and hurt yourself and you are unable to attack for 1 round until you must re-equip with a thief weapon for the remainder of the battle. NO MORE cheesy traps for thieves.

NO MORE cheesy summons like Devas - so ridiculous that this was even allowed and no more improved alacrity + time stop combo - so much cheesiness.

Basically a much scaled down version of HLA would be nice so characters won't be over powered and make all the effort of using your hard earned skills mostly obsolete.

Who uses other summons when you have Deva and Planetars. Why bother with a fireball when dragon breath kills everything almost. Why bother with small traps when HLA traps are so much better. Why use magic missile or MMM when energy blades kill so much more effectively. So basically don't make HLA so that class skills are pointless.

BUT really I'd like a story where characters would never be able to reach epic levels.
    DJKajuru
  • OtherguyOtherguy Member Posts: 157
    Anything with BG in it is good enough for me.

I would love the for expansion to be between SoA and ToB and then merging into ToB somewhat. First priority for me would be for the expansion to give charname a reason to actually go to WK.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2016
    Hmm I've always noticed how people occasionally seem to dislike epic levels. While balance might turn into a problem there..As far as content goes that's usually where I end up having the most fun.

MotB and HotU come to mind.

Taking a character from relatively humble low levels into the grandness of higher level content.. well that's quite the journey for me^^
    jackjackThacoBell
  • BartTPBartTP Member Posts: 19

Yes but with certain conditions.

The new story would be BG but not about the bhaal spawn. Imagine instead a parallel story that happens at the same time - where you might bump into the bhaal spawn hero while adventuring or dealing with your own quest. In Faerun there are a bunch of other stories that happen at the same time so a new story that is in the same universe would be nice even with some of the other NPC would be great BUT no more bhaal spawns.

This, one condition though - I don't want to see baalspawn actually. I wouldn't mind to hear about him/her, but not personally meet him/her, unless it's loaded from my save. Reason's obvious.
    jackjack
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    batoor said:

Hmm I've always noticed how people occasionally seem to dislike epic levels. While balance might turn into a problem there..As far as content goes that's usually where I end up having the most fun.

MotB and HotU come to mind.

Taking a character from relatively humble low levels into the grandness of higher level content.. well that's quite the journey for me^^

2E epic levels suck compared to 3E. The infinity engine just made something up for epic level 2E and it doesn't really work very well.
    jackjack
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @magisensei That sounds more like an all new game than a simple expansion to me.
  • JoMassonJoMasson Member Posts: 2
    Why not make a totally new adventure. Not bhaalspawn related. I'd pay for that.
    ThacoBellmf2112
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I can imagine that Beamdog releases a mini expansion which brings the unsolved issue of Skie's fate to a close. The best opportunity would probably be right after beating Irenicus while you recuperate in Suldanessellar.

Aside from that I'd love to see a new game from Beamdog with a new storyline using a new and more powerful game engine.

(Of course, I still hope to see an Enhanced Edition of PS:T at some point.)
    brusArtonaJuliusBorisovFemShep
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2016
    No, I don't want to see another addition to this already closed up story. We have been told the story of CHARNAME, it is a legendary one indeed. One that brought me a lot of emotions, espceially at the end. But I really think, that charname's time is over and done. The story is finished.

I have already read from some posters that you Beamdog admit you don't have what it takes YET (I'm sure you will in due time) to make a full new game in a new edition (5th or 3rd or whatever you preferences may be.) and I understand that. It is hard to make a fitting and good story in Forgotten Realms. So I'm not going to say I'll be expecting a full new game, no siree.

Well then, what DO I want from you next?

Do what you have done this far Beamdog, Enhance the experience of these old games by making your incredibly wonderful Enhanced editions! I would love to play IceWind Dale 2, I did it once a long time ago but with the bad resolution, the laggy gameplay (low framerates support) and just clumpy and messy UI, I never got to finish it, or attempt to play it again. I have never played PsT because it didn't look good in my eyes, just like IceWind Dale did once, then came the enhanced edition.

To sum this up, do what you do best Beamdog, give us more Enchanced Editions!!!!

smeagolheart
  • FemShepFemShep Member Posts: 22
    Any new content for BG2EE is highly welcomed from my side.

Apart from that, I would love to see IWD2 EE.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    I'm all for new content!! :D i really liked seige of dragonspear