Skip to content

Should 'SOD Characters' be a DLC for Baldur's Gate 2?

12345679»

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016

You seem to be ignoring how things work in the real world, because you dislike 1 companion so much.

*yawn* You're getting personal again. You know nothing about what I ignore or not. You don't even know how much I dislike Glint except for the few bits I've mentioned. Stop drawing false conclusions. It is fruitless venture.

I think statement bears repeating:

Only if there were a separate DLC for each NPC, I could choose not to spend money on him. If the DLC contained all four new NPCs, and 1-2 of them were crap, bad luck. I might decide against spending the money. Perhaps not if 75% were worthwhile and only Glint were crap.

You seem to think Glint is crap. You also may not buy a DLC with him in it. Your words speak pretty clearly. While both of those things are pretty fine, what's not fine is suggesting the bolded part. You refuse to acknowledge that such a suggestion is impractical.
  • amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    optional party npcs are pretty easy to ignore. you dont have to talk to glint if it makes you upset

i think he's cute
    Buttercheese
    amika said:

optional party npcs are pretty easy to ignore. you dont have to talk to glint if it makes you upset

That's kind of what's mindboggling here. No one is forced to pick up any NPCs. You can literally go through the whole game without talking to any of them (pure solo). Others choose to only have NPCs for just questlines. And others choose to only grab the NPCs they like. Finally, the last set of folks grabs all the NPCs they can. It's not like anyone is forced to do anything...
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    edited June 2016

You seem to think Glint is crap. You also may not buy a DLC with him in it.

Read it again. Hint: If "1-2 of them were crap" means "if more than Glint in the offered NPCs DLC were crap", and that would reduce the value of that DLC even further. Why get the DLC if only 50% of it would be worthwhile? You've even quoted it: Perhaps not if 75% were worthwhile and only Glint were crap. 75% is 3 characters out of 4. Glint crap, the other three not.

And nowhere have I written that I want a separate DLC for each NPC.
    edited June 2016
    double-post
    edited June 2016

And nowhere have I written that I want a separate DLC for each NPC.

This doesn't imply that you do?

Only if there were a separate DLC for each NPC

Side-note: you spend a lot of time arguing semantics, don't you?

Camus34
    amika said:

Repeating that doesn't make it more true. It has been rebutted before:

Someone arriving at Coastway Crossing with a party missing a cleric, after Yeslick and Branwen have been removed from the party at exit of Korlasz Tomb without even talking to the main character, bad luck. Viconia as a last resort. Though, some party builds just don't work, such as Edwin and Minsc & Dynaheir, so limited options may be troublesome.

At the Steam forum I've had to defend at great length that the game replaces Imoen with Safana even if Imoen has been a dual-class mage in the party. Don't make the mistake of trying to defend a limited choice of NPC companions. Only once I know that Glint is annoying, I can do meta-gaming and ensure that there's a different cleric or even cleric/thief in my party in the same way I can prepare Imoen getting replaced with a pure thief.

No, it doesn't. It only mentions when specific NPCs would be fully "optional" as pointed out before.

Is this a forum where moderators tolerate such attacks?
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    edited June 2016

No, it doesn't. It only mentions when specific NPCs would be fully "optional" as pointed out before.

Is this a forum where moderators tolerate such attacks?
    They tolerate it because it was not an "attack".
    Can't say I like that answer, if it is to be understood as "getting personal like that is daily practice here" and the definition of personal attacks is different here.

Why not keep discussing Glint or the other SOD NPCs instead? It doesn't matter at all how I spend my time, and telling me how to understand what I write is a presumptous and fruitless venture. It only serves someone with a main interest in attacking others personally.
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210

Can't say I like that answer, if it is to be understood as "getting personal like that is daily practice here" and the definition of personal attacks is different here.

Why not keep discussing Glint or the other SOD NPCs instead? It doesn't matter at all how I spend my time, and telling me how to understand what I write is a presumptous and fruitless venture. It only serves someone with a main interest in attacking others personally.

He criticized you for arguing semantics. You are one entitled, precious little snowflake.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The thread is closed because there were a lot of rule violations here. In the future, try to be more respectful to each other.
    Fardragonmf2112ButtercheeseNonnahswriter
This discussion has been closed.