Skip to content

[Resolved] Help! My Jaheira is permanently blind!! Bug?

johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
Help guys! During the duel at the Druid's Grove, Jaheira was blinded by the shadow druid whom she was duelling with. After Jaheira killed her, there was the cutscene back to the scene and the blind effect was still there which was normal. But even after the blind spell faded and the icon disappeared, Jaheira is still blind! And this is bad because not only can she not use RANGE items, my main CHAR is currently romancing her and I almost missed a romance dialogue due to her blindness (if not for the romance soundtrack playing I would have missed it). I tried resting and changing locations, but none worked!

Does anyone know how to resolve this? :(:(

Post edited by johntyl on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    Neutralize Poison also cures blindness and diseases I believe. Cure Disease will also cure blindness, but not poisons. :D
    johntylJuliusBorisov
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    You say this happened during the duel so I supposed Faldorn used Nature's beauty? The blindness is permanent and the icon should remain as well, that's a weird thing. You can cast cure disease (lvl 3 priest/druid spell) to remove the effect or just kill her and resurrect her.
    johntylJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    If you have the console enabled, try Ctrl+R with the cursor over Jaheira.
    johntylJuliusBorisov
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Thank you so much guys! Yes, the spell Cure Disease did the trick! Strange that the disease icon didn't remain.
    lansounetJuliusBorisov
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    edited June 2016
    lansounet said:

You say this happened during the duel so I supposed Faldorn used Nature's beauty?

I just googled Nature's Beauty and that's a level 7 druid spell! Does that mean Faldorn was quite a high level druid? Jaheira was only level 13 when she duelled her and even then she breezed through the fight (SCS)
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    johntyl said:

lansounet said:

You say this happened during the duel so I supposed Faldorn used Nature's beauty?

I just googled Nature's Beauty and that's a level 7 druid spell! Does that mean Faldorn was quite a high level druid? Jaheira was only level 13 when she duelled her and even then she breezed through the fight (SCS)
    The Warden and Cowled wizards can cast level 9 timestop, so yeah they are a step ahead of you. Probably more wizards but this is My first playthrough with SCS.
    johntylJuliusBorisovmf2112lunar
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I experienced this last night, or something like it. After the battle with Faldorn - who used Nature's Beauty - I noticed Jaheira would always run right up to an enemy before using a ranged attack or casting a spell. I assume this was the blind effect, though the blindness icon wasn't there (and I didn't think blind characters could even cast spells).

I tried all the means in this thread to fix it. Nothing worked - until I tried the 6th level divine Heal spell. That did the trick. I'm putting this up here in case it should ever come in handy. BG2 v2.5. SCS 33.7.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov