Skip to content

Beambard out.

Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
I'm moving away from Edmonton this year for personal/family reasons, and given we need an in-house writing staff, I've put in my notice at Beamdog. This has been an amazing place to work and I'm sad to be leaving, especially because of all the great people I've met at the office and on the forums.

The timing's a little wonky, but for the best. With luck I'll circle back around to Beamdog from time to time and still be able to contribute to their awesome games. :)

Comments

• killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2016
    I'm always suspicious of "leaving for family reasons" but you've provided some good details so maybe this time it's legit.

Sorry to see you go -- enjoyed your videos. Thanks for your influence on SoD. Whether through your writings or from your discussions with colleagues we got some strong women characters in the game. So, again, thanks for that.

Annnnd. I'm guessing you've remained quiet about the gg thing because you don't want to hurt your fellow employees but, at some point, you need to write about this experience. That was an important event that needs to be documented and analyzed.
    Post edited by killerrabbit on
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    But. . who's gonna take care of the Familiar now? :frowning:
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Cracked is awesome, looking forward to what you have to say there.
  • ArgasArgas Member Posts: 174
    Then you must be one of those persons who gave all us players a great time. Thanks. All I can say is you're a better person than anyone from the right wing. Because there are no worse being than racists. I'm a Muslim and I can say racists are even the worst in all of the universe.. Our prophet pbuh said the racists are not of us. We compare them to dogs. I have been playing WoW too and Blizzard are also racists. You can see that in their game. I'm guilty in paying and playing their game. This is what the world has come to
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Thanks and bye! Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Live long and prosper.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Thanks for being with us, and for your hard work and passion with the game.
    Enjoy the sun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFatVn1hP3o&list=PLMnJGpyQ3A9bsPNAFGhSDSEjedpPXmfex&index=21
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    edited July 2016
    If you ever use your massive amount of game dev sway to get WotC to bring back Birthright, make sure you post about it here first! I mean, that makes sense, right? Game of Thrones is so hot right now. The central mechanic is managing nations and armies based on the divine powers of Regency aka King's Blood. Are you listening, Wizards? (seriously tho good luck!)
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Best wishes.