Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Goodberry

What do you make of the 2nd level priest spell Goodberry?

I'm doing a BG:EE run through and, much to my surprise, I'm finding the spell really useful. Before this, I thought it was a bit of a dud. Now I'm wondering if I was just using it wrongly.

Basically, in this run-through, I've been using it more as a 'regeneration' tool - giving a steady trickle of hp over time. By this, I mean I've been storing the Goodberry in my characters quick action slots as I produce it each day, and as I'm playing I take a moment every now and again to scan down my party list, and bump up damaged characters health by 1 hp. This way, because I'm doing the healing in parallel, there's no real waiting around due to cast times.

Ok, it doesn't sound good having a 2nd level spell that heals 5 x 1 hp when there's a 1st level heal spell that heals 8 in one go. However, because you can store Goodberry it's never wasted; and because it's 1 hp a go you never have overkill (e.g., healing 8 hp when your character only needs 5 hp healed).

At the moment, my team is around the level 6/7 mark and I'm still finding it a very relevant spell. I imagine by the time you get to BG2, etc. it will loose it's usefulness, but for BG1 I'm finding it a solid spell.

Any thoughts?

Comments