Skip to content

Just finished BGI for the first time in 16+ years

What a spectacular game! It was great back in the day and hasn't lost a bit of its charm.
Now going to import my F/M/T into BGII, which I have never beat. Back in the day, I got bored with it somewhere in the first quarter of the game. I really like the early 'character development' levels and BGII just doesn't have much of that. I'll just need to adjust my thinking, I guess.

Anyone have any Q's while the game is fresh in my mind?

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    So... How did you beat Sarevok ;)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    How did you endure dealing with the atrocious early game leveling of a triple class? I find starting a FMT in BG1 unbearable and only slightly better off in BG2.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380

How did you endure dealing with the atrocious early game leveling of a triple class? I find starting a FMT in BG1 unbearable and only slightly better off in BG2.

Patience. I agree, though, it IS painful!
    I think Garrick was almost to level 5 when the mage third of my FMT finally got level two! But whenever I looked at effectiveness instead of levels (% and # of kills) he was always at the top so I just kept on going.
    I did grind some ankhegs at the very beginning to get him to level 2/2/2 so enemies would stop one-hitting him as much.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    alceryes said:

Kagain

"You pugs are starting to piss me off."

• AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    Classic perfect RPGS never get old.

Can be said for the Infinity Games and stuff like Morrowind.

They only get better with age as dedicated modders improve upon perfection.

Morrowind Reminds me a lot of Baldurs Gate mod scene.

Where the whole BG1NPC and Morrowinds LGNPC add tremendous depth to the existing game.
    I Agree 100%.
    I remember when Morrowind came out. It blew my mind to think of how they fit so much content on one CD. Morrowind was also my first venture into game modding.
    I actually just started to do a little BG1 modding. It's proving to be...difficult.
  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    Question: when you xfer your char from BG1 into BG2, do you get to keep your innate spells that you accumulated from the chapters? (the heals or lifedrains depending on your alignment that you got at the beginning of each new chapter?). What about your memorized wizard spells?

Question: when you xfer your char from BG1 into BG2, do you get to keep your innate spells that you accumulated from the chapters? (the heals or lifedrains depending on your alignment that you got at the beginning of each new chapter?). What about your memorized wizard spells?

Yes, you keep both. Innate abilities are dependent on your current reputation when you gain the ability, not you alignment.
    10 or more - good ability
    9 or less - evil ability
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Hi there alceryes. Have you also played BGEE? If so, which do you prefer? I have been pondering going back in time before EE....
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I still haven't finished the game... good job!
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2016
    Funny the thing you said about BGII. I have had exactly the same experience... 3 or more times. I start the game, then after a few hours I get very bored and never progress any further. BG1 is an epic adventure kinda like The Fellowship of the Ring with you playing the accidental adventurer, who eventually becomes experienced (this is a deviation from LOTR though). BG2 and especially ToB is more like Legolas surfing on oliphants and Gimli killing Uruk hai all day - looks cool, but not exactly the dramatic and emotional adventure of the first game.