Skip to content

IWD Divine spells in BGEE, SoD and BG2EE

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

Oh. That's great. @ronaldo you should be fine with 5b. Functionally, it's the same as 4, so either will work. The only thing is that this version won't have the spell entropy. While regrettable, that might be your best bet for now. I'm thinking that we might have hit a limit for spells of that level somehow. In any case, it'd take me a while to figure out what's going on

That 5a version has a false positive:[spoiler]

/*
    LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME
    STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_SUNSCORCH~
    RET spell_res
    END
    COPY ~Spells/data/iwd_spells/priest_6/b_p615.spl~ ~override~ //Immunity to sunscorch
    LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode = 325 opcode = 318 parameter1 = 0 parameter2 = 0 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~%spell_res%~ END
    */
    //Spell itself

ADD_SPELL ~override/b_p615.spl~ 1 6 ~CLERIC_ENTROPY_SHIELD~ // Spell
    [/spoiler]
    - The part you commented out copies the Entropy spell into the override.
    - The ADD_SPELL command looks in the override for the spell, which won't be there.

Well, innates must (afaik) be level 1, and IWDEE has no open slots for SPIN spells at level 1. You can add SPCL spells, and/or you can add SPIN spells at other levels and then change them to level 1 mechanically. But trying to do something like

ADD_SPELL ~modname/inncharm.spl~ INNATE_CHARM_PERSON 3 1
    equals complete mod installation failure.
    So innate spells do need a new or updated action/function/macro to be added to SPELL.IDS.
    Grammarsalad
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    @subtledoctor

I'm not sure what the exact issue here is, but it's not this mod (+sr). I'll figure it out eventually...

It shouldn't be a problem addspelling iwd spells in fnp.

Ahh, gotta go.more later
    edited August 2016
    I just tested code in bg2ee that included this, and it installed fine:

//Alarm_______________________________________________________________________
    ADD_SPELL ~Spells/data/new_spells/wiz_1/b_alarm.spl~ 3 1 ~INNATE_ALARM~ //Innate
    I have previously tested it, and it worked without issue.

It has been added in spell.ids as:
    3128 INNATE_ALARM

It looks like there are quite a few available entries in spell.ids. I also added it to IWDEE. More worryingly, it is added there as:

3199 INNATE_ALARM

What would happen if another--or, if it adds it as 3100, another after that--is added? Wouldn't this be an alternative:

ADD_SPELL ~Spells/data/new_spells/wiz_1/b_alarm.spl~ 4 1 ~INNATE_ALARM~ //Innate
    ?

Attached (despite the name, this is effectively a different mod--that isn't in any sort of finalized version. This is just the quickest way for me to package it.)

And, d'oh! regarding version 5a. I'll have to try again when I get a moment. @ronaldo I will have time later tonight if you want to wait. I may be able to get you a working version of entropy shield. Understood if you don't want to wait, though.

Oh, if you get a chance, either way, could you look in your override folder, find a file titled, "spell.ids" and upload it? That might verify whether that spell level is maxed out.

Edit: looking at spell.ids, that doesn't appear to be it. Level six cleric spells only go up to 17 with this mod added (not including 50+ spells). It does seem that there is some version of entropy shield added. Strange. I'm going to have to label this as an unknown conflict for now.
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    edited August 2016

I believe I heard that Weidu 240 will fail more gracefully for ADD_SPELL failures; it will throw a warning but install the rest of the me just fine. So that's progress.

There did appear to be some strangeness in the log. But, The spell has definitely been added-- though, noting the troubling 3199-- and i have successfully tested its use by ai in the past (all of the relevant files should be in the attachment)
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Grammarsalad I think this is the file you want. There were other files called spell.ids.installed and one spell.ids.strategems let me know if you need anything else.

I've already added scs and Atweaks and started my play through so I'd rather not reinstall this updated mod. I'll let you know if anything weird crops up.

Thanks again for you help
    edited August 2016
    ronaldo said:

@Grammarsalad I think this is the file you want. There were other files called spell.ids.installed and one spell.ids.strategems let me know if you need anything else.

I've already added scs and Atweaks and started my play through so I'd rather not reinstall this updated mod. I'll let you know if anything weird crops up.

Thanks again for you help

Thanks for the upload. Enjoy your playthrough, and do let me know if you have any more issues
    ronaldo
    ronaldo said:

...I'd rather not reinstall this updated mod. ...

Oh, definitely don't install what I just uploaded 4 posts up. That is effectively a different 'mod' related to something different (i.e. ADD_SPELLing innates and AI use of said innates).
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    I tried it, and works well with bg2ee. But failed to install into bgee:sod, is this not compatible or why ? Plain sod, latest update, windows 7, english lang.
  • WolfieBRWolfieBR Member Posts: 4
    Danacm, if this is a steam or gog install did you modmerge it?
    Grammarsalad
    Idk, i get it via beamdog, with my beamdog account.
    edited August 2016
    Okay.In that case, I'm going to need more information. Can you upload your debug file?
  • thebutlerthebutler Member Posts: 7
    @Grammarsalad I'm having the same trouble as @Danacm

windows 10, clean SOD install from beamdog client, failure to install. I've attached the debug file.
    It installed fine on BG2ee.

I've been waiting for an update to iwdification for my next run through the saga, so I'm excited to see you've put this together! Thanks mate!
    @Grammarsalad I got it to install on SOD.

I haven't modded before, but I've done a little coding. I followed the debug and ended up doing a 'replace all' in the Setup_IWD_Spells.tpa looking for "/*sod*/" and replacing it with just "sod"

I've got no idea on the implications of this - will I have problems later?
    Hope this helps sorting out what's going on with this!
    Grammarsalad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I use only the downloaded files and inbuild weide in this mod.
    thebutler said:

@Grammarsalad I got it to install on SOD.

I haven't modded before, but I've done a little coding. I followed the debug and ended up doing a 'replace all' in the Setup_IWD_Spells.tpa looking for "/*sod*/" and replacing it with just "sod"

I've got no idea on the implications of this - will I have problems later?
    Hope this helps sorting out what's going on with this!

@thebutler
    you should be okay for now.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was using the 'bad' version of Weidu, unfortunately. I had meant to replace it with an earlier version, but I just..forgot. I'll upload a new version that shouldn't have this issue tomorrow...
    thebutler
    Danacm said:

I use only the downloaded files and inbuild weide in this mod.

@Danacm
    Are you still unable to install the mod? I think I know what the issue is, so I'll have a version that you should be able to use tomorrow.

btw, anybody know what this error is about:

"Invalid spell number: -1"

@kjeron ?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

@kjeron ?

I know the "RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME", "RES_NAME_OF_SPELL_NUM", and "NAME_NUM_OF_SPELL_RES" functions return that error if the spell they are looking for does not exist in SPELL.IDS.
    Grammarsalad
    edited August 2016
    kjeron said:

@kjeron ?

I know the "RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME", "RES_NAME_OF_SPELL_NUM", and "NAME_NUM_OF_SPELL_RES" functions return that error if the spell they are looking for does not exist in SPELL.IDS.
    Interesting...I'm getting that error on a copy and an addspell...Maybe not. I'm having difficulty locating the problem...
    Awesome, thanks for the help :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yup, found the problem (re integrating this mod with fnp). There were a few iwd spells that i missed... Kjeron mentioned them a long time ago, but i though they were talking about wizard spells
    edited August 2016
    Okay, so i know what the issue is with Invalid spell number: -1. Its an interaction between the sun scorch, and entropy shield spells and spell revisions. This mod does not install sun scorch (sc) if spell revisions is installed, as sr has its own version of that spell. But sr doesn't add the spell to spell.ids, and entropy shield, in order to protect against sc, uses a res function in order to protect against the correct spell. But that fails as sc has no entry in spell.ids. i was not able to duplicate the problem as spell.ids didn't uninstall correctly for whatever reason, and so i had an entry in spell.ids on my game...

Anyway, the problem is fixed now, and I'll be uploading a new version tomorrow ( with 7 additional 7th level spells that i missed!)
    ronaldo
    Version 0.82
    - Added 7 7th level IWD spells that I missed. Oops!
    - Fixed a compatibility error with Spell Revisions. You shouldn't be getting those installation errors anymore.
    - Some bug fixes
    - Added an IWD wizard spell: icelance. I'll be adding a few wizard spells seemingly at random. It's not random as those spells are being used in Faiths and Powers. But, anyway, the plan is to add IWD wizard spells, so, I'm fine with that.
    AstroBryGuy
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Grammarsalad is there anyway to add the 7th level spells to the previous version of your mod without uninstalling and reinstalling the new version? My mage/cleric is about to get 7th level divine spells and I'd love her to have more spells to pick from.

Thanks again for this great mod.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Version 0.82
    - Fixed a compatibility error with Spell Revisions. You shouldn't be getting those installation errors anymore.
    - Some bug fixes
    - Added an IWD wizard spell: icelance. I'll be adding a few wizard spells seemingly at random. It's not random as those spells are being used in Faiths and Powers. But, anyway, the plan is to add IWD wizard spells, so, I'm fine with that.

Cool beans, @Grammarsalad!

Are you adding the wizard spells as acquirable scrolls in BG1/SoD/BG2, or are they going to be limited to sorcerers?

Version 0.82
    - Some bug fixes

Cool beans, @Grammarsalad!

Are you adding the wizard spells as acquirable scrolls in BG1/SoD/BG2, or are they going to be limited to sorcerers?
    Ha! Yes, i need to add the scrolls. I actually haven't played the game in a while. I guess the way i play the game now is by modding. Anyway, what I'm saying is that i might need help by way of suggestions as to placement of said scrolls.
    ronaldo said:

@Grammarsalad is there anyway to add the 7th level spells to the previous version of your mod without uninstalling and reinstalling the new version? My mage/cleric is about to get 7th level divine spells and I'd love her to have more spells to pick from.

Thanks again for this great mod.

Let's see. I can create a mini mod that you can install. I think that everything should be fine, but it's usually best not to install mods mid-game ( though i think your instincts are correct that something like this solution would be better than uninstalling and reinstalling).

My wife is going to work soon, so i can whip something up shortly after that ( in about 3 hours-- won't take long)

@chimeric
    You can download the mod from the first page, from the zip file linked there
    ronaldo
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Thanks. I got it now. If I may get into your discussion of SPELL.IDS, why do you want to bother with the IDS at all? You could just have them as scrolls in the game. Granted, clerics don't learn spells this way in the classic AD&D, and you are discussing priest spells here, but if IDS mechanics and slots really become an obstacle, why not change that? It could certainly work smoothly for wizard spells. I, for instance, don't intend to bother with that IDS at all for my wizard spells. Let people find the scrolls in the game, or, at the laziest, buy them. Casting them from a script with a RES seems preferable in every way, too.