Skip to content

[MOD] Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs for BG:EE, SoD and BG2:EE

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you could do this, for example: the three hexxat dungeons could be connected to one multi-level worldmap location. just a plain dugeon crawl. at the end of it you meet an ordinary lich, it doesn't even need to be korkorran.
    connect the areas thematically (they're already very similar), add some non-lame encounters, keep the "puzzles" and it'll be great.

hexxat could be completely detached from it and no major new dialogue would have to be created. just the lines that reveal the location to you...you could for example learn about the location from the red wizards or the thieves guild, or the cowled wizards could send you to investigate.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I think you underestimate the amount of work required to accomplish this. You're basically creating a new adventure from scratch with the (slight) advantage of having some game assets already available. It's certainly possible to do something like this, but a work of this scale should be done as a separate mod.
    AstroBryGuysmeagolheartbob_veng
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Another feature that would be cool and would go along well with this mod would be to add the new items that are introduced to a new merchant NPC. Perhaps have one guy who sells all the available equipment from BGII in the Adventurer's Mart, and then have another who sells all of the ToB stuff placed somewhere (Pocket plane might be weird, perhaps have him spawn at Watcher's Keep, but only once the player is in ToB?)

This way people can still access the new items, without being forced to do the quests for the new characters.
    bob_veng
    edited September 2015
    I can only think of the Red Wizards merchant in one of Neera's areas and he's got only a single unique item to sell which you can't get anywhere else. Are there more?

Unique items you can find or get as reward are probably too closely linked to the respective NPCs and their quests. I don't think they should be available without having the NPCs in your party.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    I was more thinking of the items you can get as you play through the new areas, such as loot from that adventuring group in the Amphitheater for Rasaad's quest, as well as the items for the Twin Goddess trials, also during Rasaad's quest. Also anything that is unique that can be gained in the different tombs for Hexxat.

Obviously anything TOO unique that is linked to characters would be weird to have for sale, but the other random rewards and loot I don't think is as big a deal. I look at it as somewhat of a compromise since you can't do ANY of the new quests without the new NPCs, which I hate. None of the original NPCs forced you to use them to complete the quests, it would be nice if there had been a way offered with the new areas as well.
    bob_veng
    It's certainly doable, but it may complicate things if you decide to reactive that particular NPC later by uninstalling the respective mod component. In this case you'd have access to two copies of the same unique items.
    maybe a warning during installation would suffice, no?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    bob_veng said:

maybe a warning during installation would suffice, no?

A warning in the readme would be enough

New version: Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs v3.0

It took a while, but I have finally finished working on a new component that makes NPC-specific items available for everyone. Only items for disabled NPCs will be available though. Several items have been slightly altered, mainly to relax usability restrictions. You can find out more in the Readme. As a bonus I have also enabled a couple of items that are (probably) meant for specific NPCs, but haven't been added to the game (yet).

A complete list of items and their new locations can be found in the Readme and in the first post of this thread. Let me know if the list is complete or if you have suggestions about new item locations.
    JuliusBorisovbob_vengRavenslightAndreaColombo
    edited May 2016

New beta version: Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs v3.2-beta1

This release can be considered stable content-wise. I have labeled it as beta since the WeiDU installer required to install the mod is currently only available as beta. Windows and Mac OS X installers are included. The GNU/Linux version of WeiDU can be found here.

New in this version:
    • Added Siege of Dragonspear support (Read more about it in the included Readme)
    • Fixed a bug in BG2:EE where Rasaad could still appear even when disabled
    • Relaxed restrictions of Baeloth's ring
    • Various minor fixes and improvements
    Post edited by argent77 on
    bob_vengJuliusBorisovRavenslightAndreaColombo
    brilliant item placement!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2016
    argent77 said:

- The Gloves of Missile Snaring can be purchased in Ulgoth's Beard Inn.

Are these actually available in the game normally?

Also, Neera's Staff is not replicated according to that list, but I guess it's not exactly an awesome item. ;)
    Yeah, the gloves appear to be undroppable and unstealable in a regular game. Still, it's a nice item to have.

Neera's Staff is too closely related to Neera. The same applies to the Robe of Goodman Hayes, which is also not available.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Good mod this is. I have always felt there are too many joinable characters in the game.
    Grammarsalad
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @argent77 here's Polish translation of .tra's and Readme.
    argent77
    Thanks a lot! And added. (Translating the long list of item locations must have been a pain.)
    edited August 2016
    argent77 said:

Thanks a lot! And added. (Translating the long list of item locations must have been a pain.)

Yeah, normally I don't translate Readme files, but since I started to do it for your mods, I figured I'll carry on :)

And you're welcome, of course!
    And thanks again @argent77 ;)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    what a god you are.
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    Amazing work. Is there a list that I can check where the items were relocated to?
    edited September 2016
    Yes, there is. It can be found in the Readme of the mod (online version).
    BanArd
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2017
    What if i start the game with full pre-generated characters in party? does this mod still help or its not needed?
    @Mercilec This mod changes how Beamdog NPCs interact with your party before they have the opportunity to join you - regardless of your party composition.

I would recommend to install the option "Disable all NPCs" if you play with a full party of pregenerated characters. In this case you can also install the component "Make NPC-specific items available for everyone".
    GrammarsaladMercilec
    Basically yes. However, this mod also provides options to make NPCs less intrusive and provides more control over which NPC to disable or make passive.
    Mercilec