Skip to content

Nalia wastly overpowered <spoiler!>

LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
I just freed Nalia from her capture, and she has returned in a wastly overpowered state:
A level 22 mage / level 16 thief, with 232 hitpoints.
What is going on here..?

SkatanCrevsDaak

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Are you running the game in Legacy of Bhaal mode? In that case Nalia is somehow missing the flag which prevents NPCs from being automatically upgraded by the LoB mode.
    A mod that isn't fully compatible with v2.0 could have overwritten Nalia's creature file. I don't know if the process can be reversed without the use of EE Keeper. Maybe @Troodon80 can help.
    Troodon80CrevsDaak
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    edited September 2016
    Yes, I'm in Legacy of Bhaal mode, but I use no mods.
    CrevsDaak
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I'm not sure what's causing it. It doesn't seem to occur from a fresh new game, at least on my end. I'm looking into it, but so far nothing helpful. :-)

I'm curious about the levels, though. Whenever I pick Nalia up she's only on level 4 for thief. Was the character modified in any way?
    CrevsDaak
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Troodon80 said:

I'm not sure what's causing it. It doesn't seem to occur from a fresh new game, at least on my end. I'm looking into it, but so far nothing helpful. :-)

I'm curious about the levels, though. Whenever I pick Nalia up she's only on level 4 for thief. Was the character modified in any way?

Legacy of Bhaal adds 12 levels.
    10/4 becomes 22/16.
    CrevsDaakSpaceInvader
    Troodon80 said:

I started my game with a character imported from BG (also no mods)
    Troodon80 said:

I did alter the distribution of a thieving skills, but nothing else.

I solved the problem by manually setting her levels back and guesstimating her experience level before she were captured.
    CrevsDaak
    @kjeron,

To clarify: what I meant was that the levels are auto-adjusted up (I know that), it's not just HP. If it was just HP, it would be easy to fix. In this case... well, I'm not sure. When I've attempted on a fresh new game, she's the same as she normally is. There are a couple ways this could happen, but none of which make any sense in-game aside from the possibility of a dodgy script.

@Loldrup,
    Loldrup said:

I did alter the distribution of a thieving skills, but nothing else.

What did you use to alter the distribution of skills?

Also, you mention this was after she was captured? From your comment, can I assume her level and stats were fine prior to the abduction?
    CrevsDaak
    Troodon80 said:

What did you use to alter the distribution of skills?

EEkeeper
    Troodon80 said:

Also, you mention this was after she was captured? From your comment, can I assume her level and stats were fine prior to the abduction?

yup
    CrevsDaak
    Okay, I'll need to look into that.

It's a long shot, but I'll ask anyway: would you happen to have a save game prior to Nalia getting abducted?
    CrevsDaak
    Troodon80 said:

It's a long shot, but I'll ask anyway: would you happen to have a save game prior to Nalia getting abducted?

Unfortunately not :(

CrevsDaak
    @Troodon80 It looks like EE Keeper clears the "Ignore Nightmare Mode" flag from all in-party and out-of-party NPCs that have been selected in EE Keeper's edit window.
    JuliusBorisovLoldrupCrevsDaak
    @argent77,

That's definitely something I need to fix, but that doesn't seem to be the root cause of what's happening here. Editing Nalia in Keeper prior to picking her up at the Copper Coronet doesn't have her levels and HP set high, nor does booting her out of the party after another edit (along with a save and another reload).
    CrevsDaak
    You have to modify the NPC while he/she is not currently a party member. After (re-)joining levels and HP of the NPC have been adjusted according to LoB mode. I could reproduce it with Yoshimo, Nalia and Anomen.
    CrevsDaak
    argent77 said:

You have to modify the NPC while he/she is not currently a party member. After (re-)joining levels and HP of the NPC have been adjusted according to LoB mode. I could reproduce it with Yoshimo, Nalia and Anomen.

Interesting. I think it's most likely that I edited her while she was in the party (that would make most sense).
    Though I may have adjusted another player, using EEkeeper, while Nalia was out of the party.
    CrevsDaak
    argent77 said:

I edited Nalia outside the Copper Coronet (before picking her up; i.e. before entering the Copper Coronet for the first time) and it didn't do that.

On a second go, I recruited her, saved the game, edited, loaded the edited game, dropped her from the party, saved, and finally reloaded in the hopes that it would refresh the engine calculations, then went to the keep and recruited her there and she was the same. In both cases, she was the standard level 9/4 when picking her up. I'll investigate more tomorrow (I've added the additional flags to the editor as well and will likely update tomorrow).
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Troodon80 said:

argent77 said:

To be honest, I don't even know how to edit a person who isn't in my party..
    CrevsDaak
  • markzakumarkzaku Member Posts: 34
    I've had Legacy of Bhaal do this to pretty much every joinable character in-game, including even the temporary companions in Candlekeep in BG1. See here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60914/hp-level-up-issue-with-loading-saves-on-legacy-of-bhaal-mode
    Troodon80 said:

Okay, I'll need to look into that.

Now I have! The exact same problem happened with Mazzy when she left the party to care for her ill sister. I have three saved games: one before Mazzy leaves, one while she is away and one after she joins again. Here's a zip with the saved files:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2070405/Mazzy_wastly_overpowered.zip
    and now it's the same with Minsc - I kicked him for a brief period and when I came back he was spoiled.. :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2070405/minsc_wastly_overpowered.zip