Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
edited November 2012 in Archived News
Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

When we first announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, you set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of support from the fans of the original game.

Once the fires had subsided, thousands of you posted suggestions and requests on our forums. Dozens of volunteers from all over the world helped us improve game play, squash bugs, and generally fine-tune the game. Even more came to help work on translations from English to more than 16 other languages.

Executing on our plan to make the best Baldur’s Gate possible and responding to that overwhelming feedback, we’ve added new characters, areas, and story, creating many new hours of game play. Yet the suggestions, fixes, and translations continue, and more volunteers keep joining.

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we've decided to ensure that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our plan is to release in November, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

-Trent
Trent Oster
President, Overhaul Games
Post edited by Nathan on
CCarluNNHeroicSpurTanthalasBerconBhryaenBalquoDeeLockCuvAnduinTuthcloakanddaggerg314KnettgummiXavioriaJonelethIrenicuszarffynstephanmartinsDjimmyEnialusMeliamneDragonspearMilochShnizmuffiNParysAphrilTr_ondDiscoCatgfm50Moradinjunk11ArdanisManveruCameronToferRedGuardArkinAndreaColombomister_ennuiSophiaIchigoRXCOlorinMoiraRhaokamuizinimmagikmanOpaleKonabugamlneveseKhamillHor89TalvraeGodKaiserHellSorrowSeerShinoruschickenhedLolaLephidileshansoloJarlaxleDecrepitDragonvindolandiakilroy_was_hereirendieFluid29ammmacclaudiotkd4WonKoDragonserpentRlimSmaugKadrikchristofpowerfulallyAlduinCantripNJalilyYovanethDarkMaidenDrGerminicjatorthat70sgirl7887cmorganQueynosSkippyGaryou_TenseiRushAndAPushwaiceHaHaCharadeMrKrisSatanValchistMetallomansiriuslukekingcrowleyRabainPoulsenfumy1903kangaxxShadowdemonTenYaibaMercuriousEilerDaylightAHFTROUBLEMickyDragonfolk2000VermillionCrazedSlayerIgnoZaratulGemHoundRokejoelofdeathHeasSpjuv3rnRavandilAedanmultimedialnytommibblesichaos1985JarlBhaalchildMalbortusDrasekIkonNavrosTshoupakitstjohnKemusSowingSadnessmch202LediathBelgarathMTHSlashneedMystremikehhhhQayinAntonCallmee_JohnelminsterAris4lifeshawnppickettPakarRhoytheeshGun19MishuloDejwoSWKBCFornarolliDregostyr[Deleted User]smeagolheartNaarooKenjiZefhyrOremusDrakonGalactygonZaccaroAzchar111zwadekLoremasterJediMindTrixDreskBarbaJoeShakesbeeryjpbl1976RhetoteleskeirandrechanaDoveberryDaramatisKarrieGlabrinLexicusgaaustAviispacejawsTwilight_Foxskyline818HvitrEbrithilKouTheMadkzwEpitomyofShynessKienafiddlerneroxerviaMajocasnoorManGaarMosesHallShadosLunastormRhinjavarDrian_ThierfRaistlin82Skowron965ersindmrSinaidarrenkuomonkfishRhertontOXOPEWAshendenHerrderGezeitenJared4242tenma147BugratSirZeechalotKazhangDotMastapalinMarkoskatlingpablomniw2tingtingBelgarathgriffianoLisandruColoPcTechDeathMachineMiyagieneosyazgangnoodles_tooNecdilzorleRenardruseiassonMizzrymTheGrapeTyphlosionBrokenShardstriforcedx2Silver_MoonazzlackdrsahljaviermariomjsLuthforddavidhxcxLinkamusJoeireniqsHaggiZBorlianMedullaOblongataBearThingAlumanRavenXlordhelmaNicozigaviveiCrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• shadowstriker85shadowstriker85 Member Posts: 14
    Would rather get the game when its ready than right away. Plus I'm getting it for Android, so I wasn't expecting it this month anyway.
    ColoPcTechAshenden
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Ouch. Well, keep us updated.
    TheGrapeTyphlosionquellJammer
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    roflcopters - expected as much - lmaonaise - more time to play Borderlands now - lolcanoe
    Fredjo
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    When was this decision made, today?
    Still, I agree it's better to delay than release something that isn't ready.
    copetiAshenden
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Shin

They had to talk about it with their other partners in the project, so I'm sure it was decided a while ago, not today.
    BrudeAndreaColomboMoira
  • sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
    Sucks not getting it next week. Sucks it being pushed back that far. Sucks they waited to last minute to announce a push back especially of that length.

But I am patient and look forward to seeing you guys putting out the best product.
    CyricistAshenden
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    oh well. better than shipping a product you aren't 100% confident with.
    serabietEnialusMeliamneFaerieFire68MedullaOblongata
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    I know its the right decision and a tough call, A lot of players already said that they prefer to wait ever more for a more polished product.

Unfortunately, for me it means that I wont play Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition until next August :-p

I just wish that there will be more updates about BG:EE, all of this silence and lake of updates is killing me!

ArkinsknAshenden
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I'm good with this. Not only does it ensure a better finished product, itOffers more time for modders to make updated and compatible imports too, I'd imagine. I was pretty stoked for next week, BUT I'll use the time to finish my pally run through on BGII (heavily modded of course). Either way, I'm patient enough to wait without griping.
    SkippyAshenden
This discussion has been closed.