Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

Comments

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    edited September 2012
    ooohohohohoh..... I was so excited to start a new game next week :(

BUT, it's ok, I can wait. If you decided this, you must have your good reasons.

Work hard, then we'll play hard
    ColoPcTech
  • cespenarcespenar Member Posts: 9
    The game is already done. Everything you had to do was to tweak it a little bit. I don't get this delay. I hope I will have some free DLC for this.

PS. Don't even try to make BG3.
    NektarCyricistFake_Sketch
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Vonbek777 said:

I'm not questioning the work ethic, just the communication. I will gladly wait the extra months for a better game and distribution process, but communication, especially with the pre-order crowd is essential IMHO. This isn't a two week delay due to boxes not being ready...

Things must be terribly hectic for them over yonder.
  • shadowstriker85shadowstriker85 Member Posts: 14
    Vonbek777 said:

I'm not questioning the work ethic, just the communication. I will gladly wait the extra months for a better game and distribution process, but communication, especially with the pre-order crowd is essential IMHO. This isn't a two week delay due to boxes not being ready...

The point Tanthalas was making is that they are required to jump through hoops before they can make even the slightest announcement that has this kind of an impact.

CCarluNN
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    @cespenar hokay enough blasphemy.
    Tr_ond
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    GET HIM!!!

Fake_SketchHoebagger
  • FootFoot Member Posts: 4
    I feared that this would happen. Completely support the decision but gosh it ain't half frustrating to be this close to playing something this anticipated. BGEE was kind of taking my mind of Dishonored as well, so now I will just go back to waiting impatiently for that game for another 3 weeks.

All the best to all at Overhaul. It can't have been an easy decision.
    Dragonspear
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    .... Really?

Companies can do that? When you have DLC support? ...4 days before launch?

.... You gotz to be kitten me! =^_^=
    DragonspearCyricistMorcar
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I really hope that while we are waiting, we can get some new feature glimpses. I wasn't going to be able to buy it until the week after release anyways... But November 30th feels like an eternity lol.

O well, I'm sure it will be an awesome sauce game, and maybe the delay might give me a chance to replace my computer.
    Dragonspear
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Beamdog website still needs to be changed.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I blame Gearbox software.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Joking aside, I'm mildly disappointed with the change of release date.

However, if you need extra time to fix more bugs and to add even more content to make the game more promising for an initial launch, then I have no problem waiting. Polish that beast until its glitter blinds us!
    Fake_Sketchdiggerb
  • ShnizmuffiNShnizmuffiN Member Posts: 16
    "You must gather your party before venturing forth," on endless repeat, until *that guy* pathfinds himself out of a corner.
    BrudeSyntia13
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    It's never good to miss deadlines! BUT, in this case I agree. Baldurs gate deserves the best, if it's not ready I have no problems with the delay... Even if its so long, I expected some delay to tell the truth, there were rumors and a poll some weeks ago. I'am sad because we were 4 days from it but if you are working of feedback like the UI and so on, it's for the best.
    cmorgandiggerb
  • JackalJackal Member Posts: 10
    Seems a bit strange only announcing this less then a week before the release date. can you at least tell us why?
    Cyricist
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    edited September 2012

I'm sorry >.<
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Such a shame, terrible news. Hope you guys can make it to the next deadline without trouble. I´m counting on BG:EE, Wasteland 2 and the new Eternity Project to revive this genre.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    This doesn't make much difference to me, as I wouldn't have been able to play very much until after the Fall quarter anyway, and I'd rather have a polished game.

Whatever the "little extra" you have planned is, I hope you make it available for Apple users, since we cannot preorder.
This discussion has been closed.