Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    @Wise_Grimwald Congrats on your run! What's next?
    @Grond0 Sorry to see another debacle at the Palace...
    @semiticgod Yeah for sure hoarding is dangerous in no-reload context...
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341

They finished the prologue with no real problems other than the fact that she was unable to put the staff back together.

Not sure what was wrong, but no real problem. It was not plot-critical.

I think I know the one ... just put the two bits back in the grave
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    ussnorway said: Wise_Grimwald said:

They finished the prologue with no real problems other than the fact that she was unable to put the staff back together.

Not sure what was wrong, but no real problem. It was not plot-critical.

I think I know the one ... just put the two bits back in the grave

That's what the walkthrough said. I did that and nothing happened. :( No big deal. If I remember rightly it wasn't that powerful anyway. I have two staffs +3 plus Neera's staff in my inventory.

More of a loss is the gold. I shouldn't have sold so much of my equipment. :( Fortunately I have more to sell, and I did stock up on fire arrows and as many as I could get against ogre-mages.

I probably should have got arrows of dispelling too. Didn't think of that.

Another loss is Xan. not only his spellcasting ability, but he is Seluna's lover. :( At least the game warned me of his imminent departure BEFORE Dragonspear.

It would be good if the people who wrote Xan's romance and friendship mods could write some Dragonspear content though as yet I don't know whether Dragonspear is worth modding. Some of the reviews are quite critical. I'm going to wait and see before judging. It doesn't bother me that they have re-used areas from other games. A lot of mods do that.
    edited September 2016
    @Grond0
    Have you thought of casting buffing spells and/or summoning spells upstairs before the fight and then luring some of the doppelgangers upstairs. Wild surges won't be so much of a problem up there as you won't turn anyone against you if you cast a fireball, and you would have time to use healing potions if your character gets injured.

Congrats on your success in the other game. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited September 2016
    PR1- 2, 

An imp in the hand;

Hear text as mp3,

I sent my Imp to scout around the mad cleric before attacking, lets face it
    "who thinks an Imp is working for the good guys?"
    ... Between Imoens wand of missiles and my Imp fire damage we managed to stop most the spells for an easy kill.

The reward money payed for a new frost wand and Sarah + myself killed the last battle horror. It only took 8 shots so I still have 20 for later.

Sarah gets the wisdom tomb from the keep and I only need 600 points for my third level spell and innate fireball.
    Post edited by ussnorway on
    Seluna has started to investigate the area called : and started the quest of the dwarves of Dumathoin.
    Whilst the following guide here is good, it is not at all comprehensive.
    http://guides.gamepressure.com/baldursgatesiegeofdragonspear/guide.asp?ID=35280
    Seluna didn't stop until every door and chest had been opened.
    Because of boots from BG1EE she was able to kill the lich with relative ease. :)
    If I had started the game without doing BG1 first it would probably have been quite difficult.
    This gave her more understanding, more weaponry, more treasure and much more experience. :)

Kicking myself for forgetting to do screenshots. :(
    Wise_Grimwald, did she save the giant?
    edited September 2016
    ussnorway said:

Wise_Grimwald, did she save the giant?

Yes I did. :) and I told him afterwards that he is a credit to his race.
    I don't know if I will meet any more liches, but if I do, I have 3 uses of that weakening vial left.:)

EDIT

The walkthrough in the above link only mentions two methods of getting the halfling shield. I used a third method, pickpocket. :) Nikita used a potion of master thievery to raise her pick-pocket skill to 100 first.
    edited September 2016
    @SapphireIce101 Wishing Kythran all the best. It's looking good so far even with Minsc's death.
    @Blind_Visionary Congratulations on helping the Dukes.
    @Blind_Visionary Looking forward to it. :)
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    edited September 2016
    OK, this is going to be interesting. Cavan lost a lot of items in the fight with Sarevok. (Switching to SOD got rid of all the items modded by Thalantyr, my bag of holding, my scroll case, my ammo belt and my potion case... and I spent most of my gold on goodies before going to see Sarevok. There will be no replacing this stuff.)

So the team is going to have to improvise...

A few house rules I'm applying:
    * No reload (because of course)
    * No scouting ahead. That means no walkthroughs, and it means no switching to minimal-reload format. If I die, I must re-roll a randomized character and start again in Candlekeep.
    * I can use any and all NPCs and items and whatnot I encounter during the campaign.
    * Core rules, no mods
    Post edited by Blind_Visionary on
    edited September 2016
    Glad to have more company in SoD! Good to see you @Aasim and @Blackraven...
    Post edited by Blind_Visionary on
    So far so good in SoD. Cavan has survived his first test. The hardest part so far is item management... I miss my bag of holding!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I can't express enough delight with seeing and reading about Owanna! Welcome back! Are you playing in LoB, Blackraven?
    edited September 2016
    @Blind_Visionary In view of your lack of equipment, I would strongly advise you NOT to try and kill the dragon that Seluna killed today. By all means try and steal the treasure if suitably buffed, but don't try and kill it.

Continuing story of Seluna

After killing the dragon, Seluna progressed through the caves and defeated a mind flayer.
    Unfortunately Starlight was killed in the exchange. If any other party member had been killed there would have been no problem as Starlight can cast resurrection, but the enemy hit where it hurt most. Only the death of Seluna herself could have been worse.
    She now has the stone that allows teleportation.
    So far she has been blundering through but appears to be doing OK without knowing why.
    There have clearly been some missed conversations.

The first thing that Seluna will have to do is get Starlight raised. She now has over 4000 gold pieces so the cost is no problem. I don't know how much gold will be needed to make green dragon armour, but suspect that the current amount of gold will be insufficient. :(

EDIT
    First of all Seluna returned to the healer who wouldn't raise Starlight. :( She went to Boarskyr Bridge using the teleporter and to her relief she was able to raise Starlight at the cost of 800gp.
    Seluna had a shield made from the scales. It is +4 with other benefits too. What's more making it cost nothing.
    Not like the boots the cobbler is making: 1000gp! Ouch!! Hope it is worth it. We'll have to see tomorrow.
    She found 4 spider eggs but has no idea why she picked them up. :( As somebody once said in another situation: "Because they were there."