Skip to content

Would you please help me build my bard (blade or skald)?

2»

Comments

• EdwinFtwEdwinFtw Member Posts: 0
    Milozzy said:

Hi guys!

As I said in the welcome area, I'm new here, but I'm not new at all in the BG world.

This is the first time I'm gonna play the enhanced saga though and I think I need some help to shake off some rust :)

My first love was the bard class and I plan to stick with that for my next run.
    I'm undecided between the Skald and the Blade kit. Is it true that the Skald is more of a stand back guy, more good with long rage weapon? If yes, I think I'm gonna go with the Blade, a kit that I never played and that is really intriguing to me.

Keep in mind that I plan to start with BG:EE and go straight to BG2:EE.

So, in a summary, some questions:

- Skald or Blade?
    - Race and aligment? I am thinking about half-elf and neutral good (I'm good inside, what should I say)
    - How should I distribute my stats?
    - What about weapon specialization? What is the best weapon for a bard? Should I choose dual wielding if I go the blade route?
    - slightly unrelated... This is gonna be my first BG:EE run: should I enjoy the vanilla experience or should I add some MODs? Maybe the cosmetic ones?

Keep in mind that I really value the RPG experience, so I am not seeking to build the best more powerful unbeatable bard in history :) but more of a true Sword Coast enjoyable character to have fun with :) For example, IMHO a blade should not use a weapon like a mace, or a good guy should not target Drizzt scimitars :)

Sorry for my bad English and thank you so so much in advance to whoever would be so kind to give me some advice! :)

If you would handicap yourself in real life by not yousing a mace, you aren't playing a bard proprerly, IMO. Their skulltrap and uai is the only reason to roll one out of rp purposes.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    To answer your other question about mod's.
    I was annoyed by the fact that some magic weapons use the same picture, and clubs use the non magic picture. Thats why I made this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34524/distinguishable-clubs-weidu-update-1-1/p1

I like to use only mods that are nearly invisible in my first playthrough. I can't recommend any other mod, because I am still on my first game.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @EdwinFtw just posted above, but still has 0 posts, heh.. that looks really odd. I guess Vanilla doesn't update instantly. Nice necro btw.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Imagine the reaction per post ratio if that continues... ;)