Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @Aldain You can never be too careful when you are playing a mage.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited November 2016

@Grond0: I don't know about blindness, but dragons are immune to Hold Monster and nearly all other disablers for some reason. The only disablers I know will work against dragons are Feeblemind and Maze.

Thanks @semiticgod. Have immunities been standardised in BG2EE? In vanilla, Firkraag and Thaxy lacked a number of the immunities given to the ToB dragons, though I can't remember the exact details.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Nice update @Wise_Grimwald, well done keeping everyone alive and what a brilliant line by the Nashkel Mines cook. Had never read it!
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320

This run started August 5th, 2014!!!

Good to see persistence at work :) .

edited November 2016

Heh. new medication has eased the arthritis in my hands. Back to no-reloading with the husband. :)

That is certainly good to hear, and not just about the game. It will improve your entire life :)
    edited November 2016
    @semiticgod I think that you have mis-typed this sentence, it might make your post easier to understand if you correct it :) One of the formers should have been latter, probably the latter one. "All that's left are golems and Yuan-ti Mages. Asriel's powerful melee attacks can tackle the former; Chara's Will o' Wisp form can deal with the former."
    edited November 2016

Nice update @Wise_Grimwald, well done keeping everyone alive and what a brilliant line by the Nashkel Mines cook. Had never read it!

I had to google fubsy to find out what it means, and I couldn't find out what Greenhead means even after googling. :( Google is NOT AN OMNISCIENT AUTHORITY FIGURE. :D

Does anyone know what a greenhead is? I know what a greenhorn is?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: Thanks! Corrected.
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210

One of the meanings more or less appropriate here is "a biting horsefly with green eyes.", I think.
    edited November 2016

One of the meanings more or less appropriate here is "a biting horsefly with green eyes.", I think.
    I saw that, and also a mallard. I didn't think that either was what the writer intended. Perhaps a typing error. It happens to us all.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    I did a run with a cleric once, when the EE came out, so I could have all new NPCs in the same group. Found it very underwhelming for the same reasons. I didn't feel Charname was as powerful as the rest, except at epic levels when facing undead. Maybe Fighter/ranger dualled to cleric could be an answer? Anomen is quite a competent character, for example.
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203

Any advice on how to make a Cleric shine in a party in addition to my expectations for BG2?

Take down enemies only with Magical Stone!