Skip to content

Adalon glitch

Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
Hey dudes.

So, I brought Adalon her eggs, and everything's going great. That is, until, she goes to turn us back to our original forms.

The spell pops off, our sprites change back to normal, and Adalon switches to a human (or elven? idk) form. Problem is, that's all that happens. My party and Adalon are stuck just standing around. I feel like some sort of dialogue is supposed to happen, but nothing. I can't click anything, and no amount of spacebar, enter, or esc key presses does anything. The game isn't frozen in the traditional sense, we're just awkwardly standing around as it some scripted event was supposed to happen, but didn't.

Is this something that's happened to other people, or are one of my mods to blame?

Pls help, I can't continue the game... :/

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    After restoring your normal form and transforming herself, Adalon ought to be teleporting your party (and herself) to the exit corridor from the Underdark (through which you can walk to the surface, with minor combat on the way).

Obviously in your case the teleportation is failing to trigger, for some reason. (You did speak to her, right?)

Even with the teleportation failing, you ought to be able to continue the game, by ...
    ... simply walking yourself to the exit corridor instead. It's at the end of the Kuo-Toa dungeon. The way out is guarded, but you shouldn't find it difficult to defeat the guardians and just walk on out.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I uninstalled all my mods, and that didn't seem to work.

You're right @Gallowglass, the teleportation isn't triggering. It's good to know it's not the end of the world, but am I missing out on much by completely avoiding Adalon?
    I took the other route, but instead headed back to Adalon once my party were reverted to their normal forms.

Nope! Nothing. Still frozen mid-cutscene. This is rather annoying, knowing that I'm missing out on 78k experience per party member...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    And a weapon, even if not a game breaking one.
    I did read in the past of a similar problem, but I can not remember when and where, I don't even remember if it was in EE or original. I am sure you are not the only one, but I can not help you any more.
    Imo you can cluaconsole in the missed XP, or use EEkeeper, as is a bug fix, not a cheat, you are supposed to get that XP.
    @Papa_Lou - indeed that's annoying, and I've no idea why it's happening to you, but at least it's possible to continue without it.

Perhaps if you upload a savegame from immediately before the point when you first report to Adalon and get stuck (i.e. whilst you're still in drow form), one of the staff experts here might be able to look at your files and figure out what is causing this issue. (For example, @Gate70 sometimes helps to resolve strange glitches.)
    Unfortunately I just took the other path and EEkeeper'd the exp. Not overly worried about the crossbow, as none of my party members would have a use for it.

I'll probably do a complete re-install of the game once I finish this playthrough, and hopefully that'll avoid the glitch happening in my next one.

Also hoping I don't encounter any other glitches like this in the rest of the game. Pray for me. lol
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I pray for you.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    @Papa_Lou Do you have PPE (portraits, portraits everywhere) installed?
    @StefanO I do!
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    OK. I got the same problem as you do. I never had a problem with Adalon before. PPE contains a component Ust Natha Drow NPCs to provide drow versions of vanilla NPC portraits. After completing Adalon's quest the portraits should change back to the normal non drow-ish portraits. Maybe the change-back-code is buggy. The game engine definitely loops at that moment. Perhaps @smeagolheart or @bob_veng could comment on this.
    I hadn't thought of that. I did have the Drow NPC portraits activated, you're right.

When I uninstalled all my mods, the Drow portraits remained, and I figured that was just a matter of changing the image files manually and paid no mind to it, but you could have a good point.
    Sounds as if @StefanO has cracked the puzzle!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @swit developed the drow portrait change code. It seemed to work in all tests I tried. Will investigate this... Thanks for the heads up