Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    I very much prefer Sirene's skin to stay the way it is. Red skin makes her look too much sinister.

Were she an evil aligned NPC then maybe the red skin wouldn't be so bad but since she is good I prefer her having a softer look. Besides she looks prettier with human skin IMO^^

Errr...topic closed.

Still in chapter 3 and no problems with Sirene yet aside from maybe the game crashing once when I talked to her but it could be a game related issue as I couldn't replicate that crash since then and her PC initiated flirts seem to be doing fine for now.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    I've encountered a serious bug. I have just finished the battle with Bodhi and reclaimed Sirene's body, but when I go to either Temple of Ilmater, nothing happens. The priest says they have to petition Ilmater to return Sirene's soul, then the rest animation plays. My main character wakes up in some otherworldly place, but nothing else happens. There's no one to talk to. Nothing.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Saber83 Weird. You should get a cutscene as soon as you are teleported (it's actually a dream state). I'll see if I can reproduce and post an update in a moment.
    Saber83
    Uh... aha, ahahaha, wow. Okay, I know what broke it. A typo slipped in at some point which tries to spawn a creature that doesn't exist. The weird part is that I don't remember touching that part of the script. Whoops... fixed.
    Saber83Caszidy
    edited November 2016
    Wow. That was quick. Thanks.
    Post edited by Saber83 on
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    This mod seems very interesting, i think i will wait a bit for a more stable release before trying it. But i'll certainly try it in the future, i think it's very promising.
    @Masterleo That's great! So far the few people testing it haven't reported anything gamebreaking that isn't already fixed, so I can estimate that version 1 should be coming soon.
    CaszidyMasterteo
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    I have a few questions then. I've read that it covers both SoA and ToB, that nice.

1- First of all, i've got the good old BG2, not EE. Can i play this mod or am i expected to find troubles?

2- Next question : what kind of romance will she have ?

I mean, i'tryed in the years only a few " romanceable" npc, but i have read on forums that usually we can distinguish the romances for the " rating " of the content of the dialogues. What will this be ? Platonic, steamy, you get the idea.

3- Is she voice acted ? Or will she be voice acted in the future, like other NPCs ( Yasraena, Tashia, Amber, ... ).

4- Do you plan to add contents (example : custom shops that sell things only for her, bonus items that can be found / bought by some vendors ) and quests ?

Final note : also, i hope that her quests and so on will increase the hours of play of the game. It's nice when a NPC is rich of contents, because it improves the overhall game.

Found another bug. Just defeated Irenicus and I have arrived in hell. After everyone makes their comments about being dragged with me I started to move away to do the first test, but then Sirene goes into an infinite loop where she assumes I am trying to initiate dialogue and repeats the line that we have more important things to do.
    Masterteo said:

I have a few questions then. I've read that it covers both SoA and ToB, that nice.

Don't forget BG1!
    1- First of all, i've got the good old BG2, not EE. Can i play this mod or am i expected to find troubles?

I did not create it using vanilla BG resources, so the chances of it being compatible as is are slim, I'm afraid. It may work with some tweaking in the right places, but there's almost definitely going to be issues.
    2- Next question : what kind of romance will she have ?

I mean, i'tryed in the years only a few " romanceable" npc, but i have read on forums that usually we can distinguish the romances for the " rating " of the content of the dialogues. What will this be ? Platonic, steamy, you get the idea.

There's nothing explicit. She does sleep with the PC a few times and the dialogue gets a little suggestive but no more so than Bioware characters make references.
    3- Is she voice acted ? Or will she be voice acted in the future, like other NPCs ( Yasraena, Tashia, Amber, ... ).

Ahaha... doubtful, I'm afraid. Sirene uses one of the IWD soundsets. I'm male and I don't have a very wide range of contacts that have the skill to voiceact and there's a lot of dialogue which I'd want voiced so this is a bit of a pipe dream for me.
    4- Do you plan to add contents (example : custom shops that sell things only for her, bonus items that can be found / bought by some vendors ) and quests ?

There are items. No shops, but they're scattered across the encounters in the mod. None of the encounters count as quests (i.e. they do not show up in the journal and are usually restricted to single, unique areas) but they affect the character.
    Final note : also, i hope that her quests and so on will increase the hours of play of the game. It's nice when a NPC is rich of contents, because it improves the overhall game.

Mmm... I did try to make the writing of the encounters decent but length-wise I think they might serve as a 20-30 minute long diversion at best. Quests are tricky and I already had a character to develop. I have a few future plans on characters with extended quest lines but this is not one of them.

@Saber83 ??? How bizarre. I have a couple of thoughts on what might be going on, but I'll need you to try a couple of things first. I hope you're playing on PC so you can access the console.

First, try C:SetGlobal("C0SireneLovetalkTimer","GLOBAL",-1) and see if that stops it.

If not, then try C:SetGlobal("C0SireneStopFlirting","GLOBAL",0).

If neither of those fixes it, I'll have to think of something else.

This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you activate the console in the GOG version. I know normally you edit Baldur.ini, but I can't find it anywhere.
    @Saber83 I own the Beamdog version. Do you have a Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition in your Documents? That's where my .ini file is.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    edited November 2016
    @Saber83 - it's no longer called ini, but .lua and you must have this line there, in the file:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    Figured that thanks. Got the console working. Tried both instructions exactly as given. Didn't work. Then tried with semi-colons at the end like the original BG2. Still didn't work.
    @Saber83 You mean the commands give you error messages or they simply don't stop the stuttering issue?
    Sorry. :) That don't stop the stuttering.
    @Saber83 Pfffffft. I made a mistake. The command should have been C:SetGlobal("C0SireneStopFlirting","GLOBAL",1), not 0. I'm almost certain this issue is because I forgot to disable flirting in Hell. Just try that to make sure it works.
    Finally! That seems to have worked. Will I have to activate flirts again in TOB?
    edited November 2016
    @Saber83 Probably. You can tell her to flirt again via PID once you're out of Hell. Don't worry about it either way - I'm patching this issue up as we speak.

Edit: updated to v0.4. No more attempts to flirt at inappropriate times.
    Caszidy
    So the romance will still continue in TOB?
    @Saber83 Oh, yeah - disabling flirts will just stop her from bothering you with dialogue prompts every half hour or so. The reason I never noticed this issue is because I turned off the flirts as soon as I made sure they worked so I wouldn't get interrupted while testing.
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    How do you get this to work on mac? Will there be a mac version?
    @saber0 I don't use Macs so I have no clue on how modding for that works :/ I'm sure there's a guide available on the general modding boards.
    On the second post, directly below the main, I'll be adding some minor details regarding the mod such as previews, reactions to other party members (which are there now) and maybe a few (hopefully) interesting bits of trivia from the drawing board that you probably won't know just from playing the mod itself.
    Caszidy
    Have just left Saradush. So far no game-breaking bugs. Had the encounter in the North Forest, was quite interesting. One minor observation, maybe make it clear that you should rest so she can pray or something. As it is, it seems to end on an unclear note. This isn't really a gameplay issue, so much as an immersion one. Other than that, really enjoying the mod.
    Caszidy
    @Saber83 Yeah. I'll admit I went through the ToB content very quickly. I was going to do something else with that encounter but I wanted the beta released so the major things could be tested, and I didn't want another week or month to go by just so I could make that. Seems like it was a little too much of a loose end to just ignore though. There's another talk that I've written for ToB since the beta release that's going to be added in as well. They won't be ready for the v0.x releases probably - but they'll definitely be in by version 1.

By the way, you tried the Chapter 6 combat encounter, right? No details here, but that was left unresolved on purpose. Just a tip - I suggest looking around the buildings in Amkethran.
    No. Completely forgot. Had the Daeron encounter. Had the big battle with (SPOILER). And the minor encounters with the flower girl and the book salesman in the Umar Hills.
    edited November 2016
    @Saber83 I think that big fight may be the one I meant. Demons?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    saber0 said:

How do you get this to work on mac? Will there be a mac version?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x
    There'll likely be no more pre-v1 updates. I think the mod's close to being stable enough to release so if any more issues are found I'll just add them to v1. Hopefully I can update within a couple of days, no later than a week.
    Caszidy