Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @subtledoctor
    Sorry, I cannot bring myself to consider BWS the prime consideration, when it excludes whole platforms even though it is just a collector+installer of mods which are themselves platform-independent.

Bitching about BWS not working at OSX won't help ;) BWS dosen't exclude anything. It was created 10 years ago using available technology. A technology which despite it's weak points, has done a great job so far. If you consider BWS only as "collector+installer", despite not using it ever, please create new version which will work for every platform. According to what you sad, It should be trivial :) As an introduction, you could start with choosing desired game language ;)

it's not hard for people to realize that if two mods mess with XP progression, they should choose one. I'm not really worried.

It's not only about people/players which will be confused having several, exactly the same things. It's about modders and mod components which will not be included in BWS because of it. So far is not to much a problem but I need to consider it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    The only way of using BWS on OSX is to use it inside VMware Virtual Windows machine and I'm sure that I propose this solution in the past. You can create shared folders with games and folders where you download mods, connect them to VM and use BWS to modify files which are on those shares. I would be happy to assist you if you wanna try. By the players for the players :)

At this point nobody wants to exclude anything, especially you mods. Not unless there will be 5 new mods which will reduce amount of XP. For now, let's assume it won't happen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Thats is a big to-do list, but nice content.
    Thanks for doing this :)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I have found few mistakes in polish translation, so i'm sending you new file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/h3qa4s
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Is there a reason the weaponstyle changes get skipped on IWD:EE?
    Euhm, I have given it a shot, will test it later. Thanks!
    Update: I tried removing that, but I got error messages. I'll play without the changes to styles for the time being then.
    Well, that would be mightily appreciated. :smiley:
    edited November 2016
    Awesome, I'm going to test it right away! Thanks for the quick response, you're one of the kindest mod devs I've ever met.
    One small remark, though: the readme mentions the new YARAS DEX table twice, but the table itself is not showing anywhere in the readme.
    edited November 2016
    I've installed everything without a hitch, but whenever I create a new character and hit the "Abilities" button, the game crashes.
    I could load an older game, though, and everything seemed to work fine there. (YARAS, styles, ability overhauls, etc.)
    Is there a log or something I can post to help you out?
    I assume I should uninstall SoB & M&G once you have fixed it, the reinstall?
    I know I'm impatient, but do you have an idea on the ETA of such a hotfix? You've made the mods too good for the game to be played without them. ;-)
    Oh, nice, thanks for the update.
  • pheonix89pheonix89 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2016
    The club/mace portion of WPO: Weapon proficiency collapse isn't working right for me. Maces aren't benefitting from the club/mace proficiency.

Relevant mods installed:
    Item Rev Weapon Changes
    Scales of Balance Weapon Tweaks
    Scales of Balance Light/Heavy
    Scales of Balance WPO.

If it's of any help, Club/Mace is showing up under fighting styles on the character sheets.

Edit: Oops. should have edited this post instead of double posting, edit's not where I'm used to it being on other forms. Nevermind, got confused by other oddities.
    Er, never mind. There's some other wierdness going on, but the error's not with mace/club. Got confused by odd behaviour elsewhere.
    I got thrown off by a display error, actually, and it looks like there's nothing mechanically wrong.

On everyone but Jaheria and Viconia, when I equip a weapon, the THACO components list (you know, strength/proficiency/enchantment/race mods) show an additional -1 THACO from the weapon beyond what should be there from the light/heavy component. IE: Longsword: -1, Club: -2, Dagger +1: -3. Those two don't do that for some reason. It might be that those are the only two characters I didn't use the NPC EE kit change function on. Or maybe that I have cdTweaks consistent stats applied to them?
    edited November 2016

@GawainBS - actually maybe not... I can't reproduce the bug. I installed all of MnG and all of SoB and I could roll and play a character just fine.

What mods do you have installed? What kind of character were you rolling up?

IWDEE fresh from GoG:

BGFixes, the only ones that worked with IWD:EE
    BGTweaks, pretty much everything.
    Rogues Rebalanced, but none of the kit and spelltables changes. (Mainly extra items and racial thieving mods)
    SoB, pretty much everything barring Magic Resistance changes.
    M&G, everything except Skald/Blade revision.

I tried to roll up a male Dwarf LG Paladin with a standard portrait.

Game froze repeatedly whenever I clicked on the "abilities" button.

I tested it both with and without YARAS, same result. Also tested it without SoB & M&G and it worked normally.

Now tested it with everything, except Stat Bonus Overhaul and it works normally. So something's off there.

I can upload the SoB Debug file?
    Post edited by GawainBS on
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited November 2016
    Paladin CHA requirement has always been 17.

Apparently, selecting anything but a Dwarf did solve it. Thanks for pointing it out!