Skip to content

The Trumps in BG

I'm always interested in new ideas for themed parties and hadn't yet seen this one: The Trump Family! Please be nice (whether you think they deserve it or not) and let's have fun!

Big Donald - pure Cleric, great with crowd control and buffs

Melania - Sorcerer, lots of natural talent

Donald, Jr - Cavalier, stalwart knight with no ranged options

Ivanka - Cleric/Mage/Thief, ultimate utility character

Eric - Fighter, some extra muscle/tank

Tiffany - Shadowdancer, always in the shadows
deltagoMontresor_SP

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    bleusteel said:

Please be nice (whether you think they deserve it or not) and let's have fun!

Let's definitely keep this in mind.

@bleusteel: If you want to create a Cleric/Mage/Thief, that's technically not possible in the game engine, but I do know how to rig a Cleric/Thief so it operates almost like a CMT would. It involves tweaking spell slots and creating lots of custom cleric spells based on mage spells. If you want to create such a party, I can send you some files with instructions on how to make this happen.
    JuliusBorisovbleusteel
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Obviously this is a "World Series" (i.e. a game which only Americans play).

Here in Europe, obviously The Donald has had lots of coverage, and Melania has had a little, but the Trump offspring are pretty much unknown. I couldn't even have listed their names until I saw this thread.
    NoonHudzy
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Mush_Mush said:

Big Trump - Jester - Confuse your enemies with profound controversy

Ivanka - Enchanter - The smart one with the magical talent and good looks

Definitely agree on those two.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Another possibility:

• AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    I would think that Trump is more of an intellectual than a muscle man. Also more CG than anything, if the stories of his employees of his kindness and willingness to listen is anything to go by.
    mashedtaters
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I would say he's more chaotic neutral at best, and an intellectual he certainly is not.
    edited December 2016
    You don't become a successful businessman without some brains and wisdom.

Similarly, you don't become a figher pilot for one of the most dangerous fighters ever built (in terms of pilotting the thing) and not have a major mishap in your entire career on it, without a LOT of brains. Yet, that person is considered a moronic monkey by a certain segment of society.

The bias is pretty clear, really, but I don't mind. I love the Schadenfreude when that particular segment of society loses time and again.

Trump is certainly NOT a strongman by any stretch of the imagination. The guy ain't Vin Diesel, let alone 19 strength (which is Hill Giant strength level in the BG stat system; strong than even Ogres). Making him a Half-Orc with all muscles and no brains is a bit insulting, which is probably the intent. Oh, and he certainly does not have a charisma of a rock. You don't run a successful reality TV show with no charisma.

As for the alignment thing, you show your bias when you call him CN AT BEST. That means that you believe the guy is Evil, which in DnD terms means you believe he is actively malevolent in some manner. That is a pretty big statement to make about someone.
    mashedtaters
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    AdaJ said:

You don't become a successful businessman without some brains and wisdom.

If you inherit millions of dollars and grow up with a silver spoon in your mouth its very easy to be at the very least a capable businessman. However, Donald Jester Trump is not a capable businessman he has gone bankrupt several times and some of his ventures have even been scams, Trump university is a perfect example.
    AdaJ said:

you call him CN AT BEST. That means that you believe the guy is Evil

lol /facepalm ...no, no it doesn't. Chaotic neutral characters are not evil.

I don't think he's evil however there is an argument to be made that he could be. Especially when you say things such as we should kill the FAMILIES of terrorists and there should be punishment for women if they choose to get an abortion...I would consider these stances to be that of a callous evil heart not of a good and honourable one.
    AdaJ said:

Trump is certainly NOT a strongman by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh, and he certainly does not have a charisma of a rock.

Very true his charisma is high, and he certainly isn't a strong man at all. In SCS enemies always go for the most fragile enemy...

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Perhaps we should just agree that the AD&D alignment system is inadequate for real people :) .
    mashedtatersArdul
    Bear in mind that we do have an entire thread for discussing politics. Discussing Trump as a political figure is off-topic for this thread; this one is here to discuss how he would show up in BG--that is, what class etc. he would be if he were born in Candlekeep.
    JuliusBorisovGallowglassGotural
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well, yes, @semiticgod, of course ... but that's impossible. Trump IS a political figure, and discussing how he would show up in BG will inevitably be based upon what participants think of him politically, especially when it comes to ascribing an alignment.

I know the OP intended this thread as light-hearted apolitical entertainment, but maybe it was a bad idea to start this.
    KilivitzVbibbi
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Trump is a jester. Not in that he is funny, in that he uses his 'bard song' to throw the media and his opponents into confusion. It fits him perfectly. Regardless of whether or not you support him, that is his talent.

He also has shown high charisma. Intelligence? Not book smart, but he is savvy. So bard levels of Int. And finally as a bard, he gets to be the party race without being a front liner. It fits.

On the flip side, Hillary was definitely a wizard who had off the charts Int (i.e.: optimized), but who didn't have the Cha.
    mashedtaters
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I'd put him as a low wisdom, misguided, Paladin, I sincerely think he believes he's doing the right thing and is bullishly pushing his beliefs. Much like a arragont paladin might do :) other than that he is a bard who *thinks* he's a paladin or a low stat fighter percieving himself as a heroic saviour :p this is fun!
    mashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    How about a gnome cleric of garl glittergold?
    He worships money and that hair would be perfect on a gnome.
    spacejawsGrumMERLANCE
    Mush_Mush said:

If you inherit millions of dollars and grow up with a silver spoon in your mouth its very easy to be at the very least a capable businessman. However, Donald Jester Trump is not a capable businessman he has gone bankrupt several times and some of his ventures have even been scams, Trump university is a perfect example.

Actually, if Trump became bankrupt then his inherited fortune means nothing. It also means that he has the intelligence to regain and surpass his previous wealth not once, but several times. You shot yourself in the foot there. Oh, and calling him "Jester"? Yeah, good one. So mature.
    Mush_Mush said:

lol /facepalm ...no, no it doesn't. Chaotic neutral characters are not evil.

CN characters are not Evil, but if that is the BEST one can call him according to you, then your average estimation of him is that he is sitting on the Evil spectrum.
    Mush_Mush said:

I don't think he's evil

This is an outright LIE as I have proven above.
    Mush_Mush said:

however there is an argument to be made that he could be. Especially when you say things such as we should kill the FAMILIES of terrorists and there should be punishment for women if they choose to get an abortion...I would consider these stances to be that of a callous evil heart not of a good and honourable one.

Just because one is not Evil doesn't make one Good, and vice versa. And just because one is ruthless with one's enemies is not a reason to believe he is Evil. War is not something you arse around with. You win or you lose and when losing carries henious repercussions for your people, you fight to win, regardless of what is required. To do otherwise is to betray your people to a fate worse than death, and THAT is Evil.
    Mush_Mush said:

Very true his charisma is high, and he certainly isn't a strong man at all. In SCS enemies always go for the most fragile enemy...

This does not make sense, unless you are calling him your enemy (which we already knew from above) and that you are biased against him (again something we knew).

I don't object to you not liking the man, but when you use a thread like this to purposely denigrate him, that is when I will speak up.

Glittergold is a god of trickery, community and humour, not wealth. So no.

You might want to try Waukeen.
    mashedtaters
    I have already made clear that this thread will be divorced from the politics thread. I reserve the right to delete any further off-topic posts.

You already have a perfectly good venue for voicing your political opinions. This discussion is not it.
    GoturalJuliusBorisov
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    AdaJ said:

Glittergold is a god of trickery, community and humour, not wealth. So no.

You might want to try Waukeen.
    Seems like either would fit then.

Maybe he pays homage to both, "just in case". You know, like the guy in the movie "The Mummy" who shows the Imhotep every religious symbol just in case.
    edited December 2016
    I don't know. Trump doesn't seem the type to worship practical jokes and pranks. I wouldn't actually consider that he would be the type to worship Waukeen either.

It is hard to tell, to be honest, because we don't really know that much about him. I don't rate any of the information thrown at us about him by the mainstream media who has been proven to be absolutely biased and working against the man. Believing what your rabid, fanatical enemy says about you is folly.

That is why I pointed earlier to the fact that his employees have actually said good things about him. One of the best ways to gauge a guy is by what the people who works with him says about him. If what they say is true, then we might be looking at a Neutral Good or Chaotic Good person with the ability to heal or help (of which the most prevalent in a DnD setting is healing), and with the nous (i.e., Int and Wis) to manipulate a hostile media into working for him and the Cha to run his own successful TV series.

A Bard might be a pretty good fit, particularly one that bolsters and support his party (i.e., his employees) with his song, although I hesitate to make him one because Lore (in the DnD sense) doesn't seem to be his thing. BG classes are too narrowly defined to make it easy to fit a person in them, which is one of the reasons I prefer 3.x.

Alternatively, perhaps a high mental stats Wild Mage? He does seem to have the ability to blow up spectacularly, seemingly at random...
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

bleusteel said:

Please be nice (whether you think they deserve it or not) and let's have fun!

Let's definitely keep this in mind.

@bleusteel: If you want to create a Cleric/Mage/Thief, that's technically not possible in the game engine, but I do know how to rig a Cleric/Thief so it operates almost like a CMT would. It involves tweaking spell slots and creating lots of custom cleric spells based on mage spells. If you want to create such a party, I can send you some files with instructions on how to make this happen.
    Thanks! I was probably thinking F/M/C and got mixed up.

Obviously this is a "World Series" (i.e. a game which only Americans play).

Here in Europe, obviously The Donald has had lots of coverage, and Melania has had a little, but the Trump offspring are pretty much unknown. I couldn't even have listed their names until I saw this thread.

You're welcome? They all love a camera as much as Dad so you'll probably see more of them.
    Mush_Mush said:

Big Trump - Jester - Confuse your enemies with profound controversy

I like the idea of an atypical jester - not the court fool but the king instead!
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    AdaJ said:

Actually, if Trump became bankrupt then his inherited fortune means nothing. It also means that he has the intelligence to regain and surpass his previous wealth not once, but several times. You shot yourself in the foot there. Oh, and calling him "Jester"? Yeah, good one. So mature.

having a company go bankrupt or filing your company for bankruptcy isn't the same as personal bankruptcy. also i feel like we can assume he has a ton of money stashed away on offshore accounts.
    i don't think he's evil, but CN would suit him well i think. he's incredibly unpredictable, but also seems very selfish.
    finally, i've also heard a lot of good stories about trump in person. just goes to show the person you see on tv isn't the same person you meet in real life.