Skip to content

Mirror in Glint's inventory

HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
There's a mirror in Glint's inventory that cannot be removed. It's probably there because I installed a mod. Before I started playing BGEE I installed SCS, unfinished business, NPC project, and probably several others. Can anyone give me a clue as to where and when this mirror becomes relevant?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Yes, the problem most possibly has roots in mods. Which mirror do you mean?

In these cases, it's convenient to use the EE-Keeper and delete an item from the inventory manually. If later you need a certain item for a quest, you can use the console or the EE-Keeper to add it into your game.
  • HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
    Which also reminds me: M'kiin and Bealoth are nowhere to be found. The area where they are usually found is deserted. I assumed the mod placed them somewhere else in the game, but so far nothing. I killed Bealoth in BGEE, in case that matters.

Yes, the problem most possibly has roots in mods. Which mirror do you mean?

I don't know if it's a problem. The item looks exactly like the mirror found in the burned inn that can cast identify 3 time a day, except it doesn't do anything and its description only says that it's a simple mirror.
    Vohglin has one too! And this one also cannot be removed! "a simple gilt hand mirror. STATISTICS Weight:1"
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Use the EE-Keeper and delete an item from the inventory manually.
    OK done. But I'm still puzzled as to why I haven't seen M'kiin and Bealoth. Or any of the nameless characters around their chicken fight pit. Or the one that gives out the flyer.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to guess that it is SCS. SCS copies misc02.itm (Mirror) for use as marker items.

SCS identifies joinable NPCs using the entries in PDIALOG.2DA. For the original NPCs, the entries in PDIALOG.2da matched the NPCs script names (i.e., death variables). This isn't true for the SoD joinable NPCs.

Glint's entry in PDIALOG.2DA is "BDGLINT", but his script name is just "GLINT". So, SCS doesn't realize he's a joinable NPC and gives him the marker for some purpose.

The file always.tph in SCS needs to have entries for the new SoD joinable NPCs to manually add them to the "/// Array to identify PCs" section.

SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~corwin~) ~~ (Edit: Don't need this line, Corwin's entry in PDIALOG.2DA is "CORWIN")
    SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~glint~) ~~
    SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~mkhiin~) ~~
    SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~voghiln~) ~~
    @Haran - what was the item file name?

DW#HASPT

Also, I remember that right when I first arrived at the map where we're supposed to find Bealoth and M'hkiin, I saw in the dialogue box something like this: "Bealoth: Dimension door M'hkiin: Dimension door"
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Yea that doesn't seem to be in the base game.

DW prefix is likely DavidW. So that sounds like it would be SCS related.
    edited December 2016
    Haran said:

DW#HASPT

Also, I remember that right when I first arrived at the map where we're supposed to find Bealoth and M'hkiin, I saw in the dialogue box something like this: "Bealoth: Dimension door M'hkiin: Dimension door"
    DW#HASPT is SCS's "has potion" marker. It flags CREs that already have potions for DavidW's potion adding routines.

If SCS replaced some of M'hkiin's scripts to SCS ones, she could have shifted to "ENEMY" allegiance upon seeing the PC. That could have caused M'hkiin to trigger a script block that makes her and Baeloth leave the area using a Dimension Door spell.

It sounds like a result of SCS not having been updated for SoD content. The results of installing it on SoD can be unpredictable.