Skip to content

Verification on melee reach weapons

Please verify this for me. The melee reach weapons (you can attack in melee one circle farther away) are Staff, Spear, Halberd, and Two Handed Sword?

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    monk fists aswell
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Why is this information relevant?

An honest question.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    So that (amongst other things I'm sure) a lightly armoured person with a long reach weapon can attack from 'behind' a tank who's engaged with a short reach weapon, thus avoiding taking any damage.
    GallowglassCrevsDaakRaduzielAerakar
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Large critters no long suffer from that problem in EE. Otyughs have increased range and Iron Golems have a smaller circle, allowing them to fit in smaller spaces.

I think it's actually a subversion of developer intent: every single Iron and Adamantite Golem in all of BG2, from the De'Arnise Hold to Suldannessellar, is right next to a choke point they originally could not get past. It was clear that attacking from a safe distance was very much intended.
    GallowglassCrevsDaakAerakarlolien
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    I'm considering a custom party with all reach melee weapons and wanted to be sure of the options available. I wonder if it would ease combat if all reach was used.
    CrevsDaakAerakar
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Living and learning.

Thanks, guys.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    I have been playing a lot more with quarterstaffs in recent times. The reach helps avoid most touch attacks and kiting is much, much easier. If you time it right you can avoid all damage and still take down your foes, assuming they do not have long reach weapons as well.