Skip to content

Finished Morrowind, Onto Oblivion!

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
So I finally finished Morrowind after 114 hours. I used the MGSO graphics overhaul mod, the Keynari Fox Race Mod, and A Bard's Life Mod and had a great time! Morrowind is definitely in my top 5 games (NWN2:MotB>BG2>Morrowind probably).

So I started with Arena, skipped Daggerfall for now, beat Morrowind, and now am going to try Oblivion. What mods should I use? I'm looking at so far

Unofficial Oblivion patch (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5296/?)
The Lilmothiit Race (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9280/?) What can I say, I adore playing foxfolk.

I've heard a lot in Oblivion you can mess up your character because of the jank way that world scaling works. Anyone know of a way I can avoid this?

I'm also going to try and find some graphical mods. From my little research there isn't anything as comprehensive as MGSO so I suppose I'll get a bunch of mods and manually install them.

Anyway, what do you all suggest?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/

For that pesky "everything scales with you" problem.
    Vallmyr
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Enjoy hearing two awesome unique voices, and everybody elses 5 voices :)

I would also reccomend getting knights of the nine and shivering isles if you haven't already.

And horse armour. Definitely get the horse armour. :trollface:

As for mods I reccomend knights of the nine revelations (I think that's what it is).
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    My friend bought me the Elder Scrolls Anthology which is TES 1-5 with all the Expansions/DLC so it has the dreaded horse armour. XD
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You can avoid the leveling problem simply by picking class skills (you get to choose 7) that you don't plan on using very often. If you like playing mages, for example, just create a custom class and don't choose many magic skills for your 7 class skills. This will slow down your leveling. You can also just avoid resting.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is one of the best mods out there. It makes gameplay much more complex and fast-paced, and also eliminates the leveling problem, among many other additions. The difficulty will be fine for a new player if you move the difficulty slider a bit to the left when using OOO (without that adjustment, OOO is pretty tough).
    Vallmyr
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited January 2017
    Another mod worth of mentioning (which I nearly forget) is Nehrim; basically a top-notch total conversion mod that is several times better than Oblivion itself. Once you've finished TES:IV with its expansions, you can try it to your hearts content. There's also dozen upon dozens of Nehrim specific mods over at the nexus to explore.
    Vallmyrsemiticgoddess
    Elsweyr Anequina just adds new lands, clutter, playable races, monsters, equipment and other stuff to the worldspace of Oblivion. So you can simply walk from Cyrodiil all the way to the southern shores of Elsweyr. Just make sure that you're also installing additionals mods like Tales From Elsweyr Anequina when using it. Those will add much needed quests and things to do to the otherwise scarce desert province of the Khajiit.
    Vallmyrsemiticgoddess
    Ok so plan is to use

Unofficial Oblivion Patch
    Oblivion Uncut
    Bettys Animal Planet
    Oblivion Reloaded - OBGE
    Unique Landscapes Compilation
    Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2
    Most is Endless Jungle - A lore based Environmental Overhaul
    Elsweyr Anequina
    Tales From Elsweyr Anequina
    Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
    And any mods that are pre-requisites to these ones

so was reading the 2014 update on Elsweyr Anequina. Does it work with Tales of Elsweyr Anequina? Also are there any body texture mods I should install or will this cover all character models and graphics in general?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited January 2017
    First disappointment: the Emperor is no longer Patrick Stewart, but some haired poof who stole his voice.
    Vallmyr said:

Ok so plan is to use

Unofficial Oblivion Patch
    Oblivion Uncut
    Bettys Animal Planet
    Oblivion Reloaded - OBGE
    Unique Landscapes Compilation
    Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2
    Most is Endless Jungle - A lore based Environmental Overhaul
    Elsweyr Anequina
    Tales From Elsweyr Anequina
    Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
    And any mods that are pre-requisites to these ones

so was reading the 2014 update on Elsweyr Anequina. Does it work with Tales of Elsweyr Anequina? Also are there any body texture mods I should install or will this cover all character models and graphics in general?

Comments on the TFEA mod page mention that it still works with the 2014 update. As for body retextures for the new Khajiit variants, check out the link with the Elsweyr search results I previously posted, I think I saw something which is OCCv.2 compatible. Otherwise the character overhaul should cover all humanoid races, including dremoras, golden saints, dark seducers and all beast races.

Please note that Unique Landscapes most likely will not function as intended when using Most is Endless Jungle. I'd personally use one enviromental overhaul at a time. But you could always make a quick testrun to see if there are aestetical issues.
    Vallmyr