Skip to content

Anyone has a fix for disappearing simulacrums & similar abilities?

What the title says. There's a very annoying bug right now which makes your simulacra (Helm of Vhailor, shadows twins included) disappear after being hit once or several times. As the shadowdancer is my favorite class, not being able to use shadow twins is a bit of a turnoff.

According to this, that's the one remaining bug they need to fix, but who knows when they'll release it. Thanks.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
lolien

Comments

• TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    edited January 2017
    Huh. From my experience with soloing Black Pits 2 with sorcerer and shadowdancer, the simulacri aren´t that useful by themselves, if only for a short distraction to enemies. I think you gotta buff them properly, before they become anything resembling decent. Best trick is Invisibility with prefeably Spell Immunity:Divination, but even that doesn´t last that long that you´d be handling a battle within your comfort zone.

EDIT: As a side note, the latter scheme folds only to deva´s Holy Sight, only present in Black Pits 2 though. I haven´t got any memory of vanilla solars seeing me through invisibility, as it has been a few years since the last time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited January 2017
    Well, they are useful distractions and can make enemies turn around to backstab them easily. And when they notice your character, your simulacrum can hide and backstab them again. Also useful if you need to use many shadow maces or any other HLA for crowd control. They are no doubt very useful, but perhaps pointless when fighting most mages and creatures that can see through invisibility, like demons, dragons and planetars.

I can't say if it's as useful with mages, as I only use Mislead and Project Image, but I imagine having an extra caster to cast free low level spells can be a blessing sometimes. I guess the bug is not as problematic with mages because they aren't supposed to get hit at all, at least in a party, and have many ways to get absolute immunity to pretty much everything. For rogues, it's not that easy.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I believe this is a hardcorded thing, so no fix can be available till the next patch.
    [Deleted User]
  • Damn, that's a shame. Guess we'll have to wait patiently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited February 2017
    They fixed the last one! I hope it means they are ready to release the next update soon. :)

EDIT: I hope this is not considered necromancy. Let me know.
  • Thanks, but I do not have the skills to do any of that. Hopefully now that they are apparently done with the next update, it shall be released soon.
  • @subtledoctor It works. Thank you.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @subtledoctor @kjeron

You have no idea how long this issue has been driving me crazy! Thank you very much for the fix!
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovMercilec
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]
  • Is this issue fixed yet?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The 2.6 patch which will contain a lot of spell fixes, will be released soon. https://www.beamdog.com/news/beamdog-update-july-2019/
    [Deleted User]Gusinda