Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    Hey, that portrait picker IMO is not convenient. E.g., you cannot use the keyboard to go down. Also, and from what I read it is not only me, for no apparent reason some portraits (like 10%) are not shown sporadically, this does not always happen and is strange.
    What do you think about including that multi portrait picker? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57176/beta-multi-portrait-mod/p1
    The overview is better than in the currently used list box.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    lefreut said:

@tortuosit Personally I find the list easier to use (and faster when you have a lot of portraits). So I won't change it.

All my portraits work fine but if you have some problems with yours, I can try to see what's the problem.

I can also add keyboard scrolling if needed.

Thumbs up for adding keyboard scrolling, it's much more convenient to use it this way for me either. Both portrait pickers are great, so there is no need to swap it. But if it's not much work for you, a possibility of choosing one of them during installation would be great.
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    Keyboard scrolling I guess is very much needed. The list box really is not convenient, you do not gain much... because you have to do many single clicks. Moving the scroll bar does only scroll on mouse release, so you do not instantly see the current position.
    I personally installed the other portrait picker after LeUI, it works nicely in my mods biotope, so it's solved for me this way.
    edited November 2019
    CahirParysswitchzaJuliusBorisov
  • bsespedebsespede Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Hi there! Im new to BG modding and was interested in installing your mod but Im having some issues. Im running the GOG version of BGEE1 (1.3).

After running the setup you provide in the game folder I have some weird UI bugs (Some stuff looks like a mix of the old UI and some stuff are missplaced):
    http://imgur.com/a/pGQU1

I was wondering if you could point in the right direction to install your mod, it looks fantastic.
    Thanks.
    Post edited by bsespede on
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
    lolienParysdibJuliusBorisov
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2017
    lefreut said:

A preview to see if anyone is interested and if I should keep working on it :)

I personally like the current brown theme.

Improvement ideas, though I don't know if it's technically possible:

- Bigger loot and quick loot, for example 2x10 boxes.
    It's much more easier and convenient to see all (or almost all) that is possible to loot.
    The clicking and scrolling is so frustrating.

- Bigger spell slots would also be moooore convenient.
    When you have 25 or 30 spells memorized, it takes a lot of clicking to find the one you looking for.
    Currently the size is 1x12 boxes.
    How about making it 2x12 or even 3x12.
    You could see all of them at a glance, and no more clicking.

Again, great mod.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited January 2017
    @lefreut you want to import BGI:EE UI to BGII:EE? I don't think it will be appreciated. People generally don't like this blue UI, so in my opinion not many will use it for BG2.
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Personally, I would like the option. Although I prefer the brown UI, I sometimes like to switch things up and I know there are several people on the forums who have specifically asked for the BG1 UI in BG2 so not everyone hates it.
    edited November 2019
    Paryslolien
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Yup. If nothing else I would like the option to use LeFreut UI w/ the blue skin in BG1EE so that the games still look distinct. If I have to install 2 different versions of the UI on my different games that's fine with me.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2017
    @AncientCowboy Please, can you give more details about installing individual tweaks?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think this mod may have broken debug mode. i tried to cntrl j and it took me to the journal.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    Try to use Ctr+Spacebar
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    @Luke93 - Since you asked in this thread, I'm assuming you're asking about individual components from Lefreut's UI. You won't be able to install components from the package that @lefreut distributes - it's a 'whole UI' package. Instead, you need to go over to the EEUITweaks thread. The first page has general info and the package to download. The second page is a table listing all the mods, the platforms they are compatible with, links to where they are discussed, and info about the compatibility between mods. You'll find several (but not all) of lefreut's components are included along with other tweaks/mods as well. In the (zipped) package you download you'll find a directory/folder named 'EEUITweaks' and within that folder a file named Installation.txt that should tell you everything you need about installing. Alternatively, EEUITweaks is also available as part of 'Big World Setup' (BWS) - discussed in the 'General Modding' forum. Good Luck!
    _Luke_
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Parys said:

Try to use Ctr+Spacebar

i did. it did not do anything. all the cntrl commands won't work.
    edited November 2019
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

i think this mod may have broken debug mode. i tried to cntrl j and it took me to the journal.

If you change the journal hotkey debug mode will work fine.
    @AncientCowboy Thanks for the info!
    Where exactly have I to put the files? I mean, I put them in a folder (override) next to the chitin.key file, but then the Terminal says this:

"Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")"
    edited January 2017
    @Luke93 - Put them directly in the same folder as chitin.key, not in the (subordinate) override folder. (fixed typo)
    Post edited by AncientCowboy on

@Luke93 - Put them directly in the same folder as chitlin.key, not in the (subordinate) override folder.

Done. They are in: Library-Application support-Steam-SteamApps-common-Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition, along with the chitin.key file, the folders "lang", "manuals", "music", "movies",.....
    Now I get this message from the Terminal:

ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:
    ../..
    ../../..
    ../../../..
    /BGII - SoA

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

Press ENTER to exit.
    I'm not familiar with how Steam sets things up - but I know that you have to do some manipulating to make it work with WeiDU. Take a look at this thread over in the General Modding forum: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use
    edited January 2017
    @AncientCowboy So, I managed to set up things correctly: I put all the files but Mac WeiDU Launcher and LeUI.tp2 in the override folder next to the chitin.key file. Now I get this:

Using ./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk
    ERROR: No translation provided for @10000
    Continuing despite error.

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING: @10000]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [UNDEFINED STRING: @10000] [1.4]
    Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR: error loading [LeUI/copy]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [UNDEFINED STRING: @10000], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 0 files for [LEUI.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [LEUI.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "LeUI/copy")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-LEUI.DEBUG to lefreut@forum.baldursgate.com
    Using Language [English]
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    edited January 2017
    @AncientCowboy Ok, never mind.....That component probably refers to either BG:EE or SoD..... Everything is working fine now, even if it is not installed. Thanks!
  • UsuzeUsuze Member Posts: 2
    Great UI! I was wondering, is there a way to change the scroll tooltip that appears when you put your mouse over a creature? I'd like to make it smaller, but I don't know how (assuming it's possible).

Thanks!
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited January 2017
    one little change is needed when it comes to EET compatibility, 'CHARGEN_CLASS' section:

onopen "currentChargenClass = nil"
    =>

onopen "currentChargenClass = nil currentChargenKit = nil"
    without resetting currentChargenKit EET code that assigns biography can be fouled by multi-class characters when previously some kit was chosen (because CHARGEN_KIT is not opened at all for multi-class characters). This change won't conflict with vanilla GUI. Thanks in advance.
    edited November 2019