Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @ChorazyGlus The bathing scene is a bonus encounted and isn't in sequence with the timed love talks. There's a few talks with conditions, which I think I've listed in the FAQ of the readme.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    @Artemius_I Thanks, it's running ok now, though it seems a bit wonky when the talk is supposed to happen after Irenicus dream sequences if you skip those via Esc. Or maybe because I updated the mod during the playthrough.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @Artemius_I
    I unfortunatelly have showstopper bug :-(
    During encounter in chapter six, that “bad person" starts summoning something (I guess some demon?) but right when he said "inficio“..."pestis“ game crashes. :-( I play on Android so I guess, that it may have been something with animation effect, or sound effect etc.
    Unfortunatelly my desktop PC “died" during christmas, so I don‘t have chance to try something with EEkeeper, or send Save game here.
    I just want to report this bug. When I repair (or buy new one) my desktop PC, I can try some solutions if they come up to your mind.
    Thanks for considering.
    Anyway so far this mod is really great and fun! So really great work from You! :+1:
    @Caszidy He's actually casting a spell that poisons your party. The only thing I can think of is that the visual effect is causing a crash. I'll check and see if that's the case for my own game.
    Caszidy
    @Artemius_I I was thinking if it would be possible to somehow remove that visual effect and post that version of the mod as an "android version"? ;)
    @Caszidy

First, I want to be sure that the visual's what's causing the crash... it's not causing any issues on my PC, and I don't have an android to test it on. I don't know how android modding works but if you can, try and add this spell file (poison spell without custom visual) into the /spells folder of the mod then reinstall the whole mod.
    Caszidy
    Thanks a lot :+1: , I will try it, immediately after I will have new desktop PC to make reinstall of mod.

First, I want to be sure that the visual's what's causing the crash... it's not causing any issues on my PC, and I don't have an android to test it on. I don't know how android modding works but if you can, try and add this spell file (poison spell without custom visual) into the /spells folder of the mod then reinstall the whole mod.

Finally got to test it and - Amazing it worked! Thank You very much! :+1:
  • Tinta01Tinta01 Member Posts: 5
    I think I may have accidentally killed the romance. I was also pursuing one with Aerie, and when I got to one particular love talk with her I couldn't flirt with Sirene anymore, and the particular romance music I heard before isn't playing when dialogues pop up with her. Maybe it's part of the path with her, but how can I check if I did kill, and is it possible to use the console to restart it?
    @Tinta01

If you can't flirt anymore, then the romance is broken. There should be a 'romance conflict' lovetalk if you're having two different romances. If you told her you like Aerie (or whoever) she breaks off her own romance.

You can enter the command C:SetGlobal("C0SireneRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) to start it back where you left off.
    lolien
    edited January 2017

@Tinta01

If you can't flirt anymore, then the romance is broken. There should be a 'romance conflict' lovetalk if you're having two different romances. If you told her you like Aerie (or whoever) she breaks off her own romance.

You can enter the command C:SetGlobal("C0SireneRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) to start it back where you left off.

I do need to clarify, I never actually told her I liked Aerie - I just got a love talk with Aerie, and then Sirene's romance seemed to end.

I just had a chance to try that command, and I wanted to ask, would it take time for the romance to... "reactivate (i.e. till the next love talk occurs)? I wasn't able to initiate a flirt, so I'm just wondering if I need to wait a while.

Edit: I tried it with a different save, then a 'talk' (one of those little ones, like her drinking from her waterskin), so I guess it might have worked there. I'm just new at trying to set things like this, and thank you for your help.

Also, I just want to add, I can't remember any new character I've had as much fun with as I've had with Sirene. Thank you for creating this mod, and for continuing to work on it!
    edited January 2017
    @Tinta01

Hey there. I'm happy to hear that you're finding the mod enjoyable and it's good to know you've worked around the issue. I'll take a look at the mod sometime later (not soon though, I'm dealing with a nasty sprain and have to type with one hand) to see if I've gotten something wrong.
    edited January 2017
    I do have to add I wasn't able to initiate a flirt after I got that one little dialogue/talk, and I may have gone too far in Aerie's romance at that point.

But if you are able to look into this at some point, that would be great!
    @Artemius_I
    I‘ve got two minor bugs/problems:
    1. I take down Chromatic Demon on second floor of Watchers Keep, but gets no Eye of Celestial drop for upgrading Celestial Fire.
    2. I've got Sirene and Valygar almost entire game in party, but gets no banter with that “tiny bonus" like You write on first page. When I think about that, I've only got one banter between them for entire game. Are there some conditions, or something like that? I am at Amkethran right now and about 123 game days.
    @Caszidy

Will look at the Chromatic Demon drop again. Fun fact: there was meant to be a full quest to gain the item but I cut it because it was really too much of a bother at the time. Maybe in the future I'll add it back in.

As for Valygar: I should mention that if you don't get their last talk, where Valygar agrees to train her, which you can only get in SoA, then you won't get the bonus. If you do get that talk, it won't happen immediately - I can't remember how long right now but it should be one in-game week before a message pops up and she gains +1 THAC0 and speed factor.
    Caszidy
    Thanks, I think, I didn´t get that talk with offer to train Sirene. Nevermind ;)
    @Artemius_I
    Wow, strange development of things - I eventually get Eye of Celestial :o But It was from that lagoon on the Perserverance Challenge room (horde of respawning Orc Warriors etc.) on fifth level of Watchers Keep ;) (looks like Eye of Tyr, is that alright?)
    @Caszidy

The appearance is correct.

Oh! I forgot I moved the thing because I decided putting it on the Chromatic Demon didn't make much sense! Ahaha, how embarrassing. I need to correct where it says you can find the item.
    Caszidy
    Thanks to help from @swit v1.3 renames a significant amount of Sirene-BG2's scripts and names so that they no longer overlap with Sirene-BG1, making it EET-compatible... hopefully. Because there is a huge amount of change updating will break older versions of the mod so finish your current playthroughs before updating!
    Caszidy
    Minor update: a mistake in the .tp2 file caused all the crossmod banters in the mod to not install. Crossmod has been restored.
    Caszidy
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Btw does Sirene have a jealousy reaction to sleeping with Phaere? This time I choose to sleep with the drow chick to see how she reacts and...there was no talk with her regarding that matter.

Is that normal? If so it is a bit of a let down.

I used the latest update.
    @Mothor

She should. I've taken a break off modding for the moment but I'll get around to checking it.
    Hmmm, also during this playthrought I decided to take on her 2nd quest which supposedly takes place in Dead Man Pass in chapter 6. However, even though I go through the City Gates I see no such new location to visit.

Does it open later perhaps? I'm right before facing Bodhi.
    @Mothor

You're supposed to interact with the map/letter you were given at the City Gates in the same way as interacting with Lilarcor.
    Yeah, I though that going to the City Gates meant that a new location appeared on the actual map and going to the City Gates was necessary to access it. I did not notice the scroll map in my backpack since I tend to carry plenty of staff. ^^

So aside from no reaction from Sirene during Phaere scene I did not notice anything weird in the latest version.
  • SharDundredSharDundred Member Posts: 6
    Just encountered the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" bug when Sirene tries to flirt with me in TOB.
    It worked fine until I entered the Oasis, since then, I get that message.
    My latest lovetalk with Sirene was the post-Saradush one.
    @SharDundred

Bah. Another one for the next update. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It won't break anything but if it annoys you then you can turn off flirting by PID.
    Actually, she keeps trying to flirt with me unless I disable flirting, so I pretty much have to disable that. XD

But yeah, not a big deal.
    edited February 2017
    Terribly sorry for double-posting, but, ehh, I have a real problem now.

I told her not to flirt with me, but I still get the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" bug.
    I start wondering if it's a different dialogue she wants to launch...

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it is related to me having a mod that allowed me to prevent killing the army in the oasis. Just killed them without any talk and now it seems to work...

Updated to v1.4.

- Fixed ToB flirts
    - Fixed ToB spirit dialogue
    - Added scripts for post-Phaere seduction dialogue

@SharDundred

I think the flirts thing should be fixed for good now, but... that other thing is really weird. Nothing in the scripts should have any interaction with the Oasis at all. I'll keep an eye out for issues.