Skip to content

Looking for mod component: Mage can use Crossbows?

ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
About six months ago I played through BGEE (after 2.0 and SOD launched) using Big World setup and I know I checked some component that let Mages become proficient with and equip Crossbows; however, looking through the hundred or so components of BWS for my next play through I can't seem to find it anywhere and I can't remember what larger mod it was a part of. I though it may have been Tome and Blood or one of the other Mage overhauls but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone remember what mod this was?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    My Fighters started with 4 pips rather than 7, nor any of the other proficiency changes, so I don't think it was that.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Tome and Blood (v0.3 to v0.6) had a Mages can use Clubs and Crossbows component, but I eliminated it because I felt that such a task was better handled by other mods.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    According to the readme, the Drake NPC Mod enables crossbows for priests and mages.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2017
    I made a request for universal crossbows a while back: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/45021/request-crossbows-for-clerics-and-mages#latest

subtledoctor was helpful enough to provide me with a standalone which I eventually integrated into my Drake mod.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526

I made a request for universal crossbows a while back: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/45021/request-crossbows-for-clerics-and-mages#latest

subtledoctor was helpful enough to provide me with a standalone which I eventually integrated into my Drake mod.

The only problem with Drake is he is for BG2. But that stand alone one should work in BG1 as well, should not it?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Mirandel

That's the other way around. Pre-release Drake is currently only for BG1, not SoD or BG2. And you can download the Universal Crossbows mod from the thread I linked, no other components attached.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2017

@Mirandel

That's the other way around. Pre-release Drake is currently only for BG1, not SoD or BG2. And you can download the Universal Crossbows mod from the thread I linked, no other components attached.

Ha! I thought you were talking about that Drake: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=2204.0

Got totally confused about your new one, but decided, since you were talking about already usable mod, it has to be the old one.

Now it's all clear.

@subtledoctor

It worked, indeed! With one exception - shamans are still out of luck. New class is truly new, as I see. But since they can use short-bows, it's ok. Many thanks on behalf of all my mages and sorcerers!
    Post edited by Mirandel on
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    Quick question - how do I install the mod @subtledoctor created in the other thread? Thanks!
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    edited February 2017
    @MasterChef
    As with all weidu mods, you place all the files in the game directory (Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Siege of Dragonspear, Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition etc,) and then click on exe file "universal_xbows.exe", which will then search through all the files and patch them. If SOD is installed via Steam just made sure the new game files are unpacked.

Thanks again @subtledoctor.
    Grammarsalad