Skip to content

Summon Spirit Animal seems fickle

Not sure what I do but sometimes when I try to do summon spirit animal I end up with no spirit animal and a loss of one of my daily summons. Really annoying. I get that the toolbar comes up with the animal.. and I think what might happen is I select the animal and then forget to select the destination on the screen.. and I go and select another char, in which case you lose you summons.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, don't click off too soon. I think it might have a cast time as well.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited February 2017
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

It can be pretty pernicious. It's the same with Nahal's reckless Dweomer. Consider a wild mage, playing the game on an iPad: unlike on a PC, there is no popup text because you can't "hover" over a button. But you can right-click for information, right? So you cast NRD, see a lot of icons, and maybe forget what one of the is. Long-press to see which spell it is, then hit "okay" after reading the description and... it's gone. The price for that information is losing your memorized spell.

Same thing for Enchanted Weapon and Spell Immunity - and man, have you seen the Spell Immunity icons? They're visual gibberish - there's no way you can remember which is which.

It's a real problem.

In the current versions of BG:EE and BG2:EE if you right-click for information and then click okay after reading the description, you will no longer lose your memorized spell (you can still have the possibility to make your choice). I expect a similar behavior to arrive on tablets with the next update.......
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.