Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Wizard Slayers actually impose 25% spell failure per hit, not 10%. This lasts for 30 seconds, so a level 7 Wizard Slayer with darts can force 100% spell failure unhasted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

Wizard Slayers actually impose 25% spell failure per hit, not 10%. This lasts for 30 seconds, so a level 7 Wizard Slayer with darts can force 100% spell failure unhasted.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37885/wizard-slayer-do-i-have-this-right
    Totemic Druids cast Summon Spirit Animal via a .2da file with the Select Spell opcode. This means they can summon multiple Spirit Animals within one round, much like a Wild Mage can cast multiple spells per round using Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

Totemic Druids cast Summon Spirit Animal via a .2da file with the Select Spell opcode. This means they can summon multiple Spirit Animals within one round, much like a Wild Mage can cast multiple spells per round using Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.

Although it's right, the way it's implemented in the game, with you needing to wait till the additional "menu" appears with the type of animal you want to summon seconds after you've used your ability, makes it nigh impossible to summon several animals in one round.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    elminster said:

Sarevok can end up saying this during the final fight

"I cannot be stronger; I am strong now! It is you who are the weak one, you who destroyed your slayer within. I have TAMED mine and use him as I see fit! The god is dead, but his power is there, waiting for a will. That will is mine, and all others will fall by the wayside! Come and face your brother! Face me! Face the new LORD OF MURDER! Angelo! Tazok! Reveal yourselves and let's finish this now!"

You can see this line if you try to persuade Sarevok to join forces with you.

Btw, this line is already present in the original BG1. It looks like the Slayer was an integral part of the main story line even at that time. It also suggests that the Slayer transformation is not a singular incident limited to the protagonist of the game. Probably all of the more powerful Bhaalspawns turned into the Slayer at least once. I wonder why no one of the Five is using it against you in ToB.

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    What came first, the Bhaal lore about the Slayer Avatar and Bhaal Spawns, or the Baldurs Gate PC games, introducing that aspect of Bhaal?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bhaal
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    They could have also been transformed into Kazgoroth or the Ravager. Although, the latter is probably too powerful for a mortal Bhaalspawn.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

There are quite a few things named "Ravager" in Baldur's Gate 2. There's the godly monster, then there's also the halberd, and there's also the nickname that Dennaton can call you at the beginning of the Black Pits 2.

Something about ravaging must have really resonated with them.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    bengoshi said:

Grum said:

Well would you go hostile on someone casting imprisonment on random people? Seems like a quick way to get killed in a horrible manner.

Especially if that someone has 600 (six hundred) hitpoints!
    Yeah, that character is a swashbuckler I made in an attempt to create as powerful a character as possible without using the EEKeeper or the console (it involved a lot of importing and exporting to get bonuses from hell, Find Familiar and the Machine of Lum the Mad multiple times). Of course, you could give your character an arbitrarily large amount health with the Find Familiar exploit, but I just decided to stop at six hundred.

Back on topic. Did you know that gold actually has an item description? Here it is:

"Gold is the standard of currency, commonly called Golden Lions throughout the Realms, though only the Cormyrian coins carry the figure of the lion on the coin (Sembian gold coin designs vary from year to year but always retain a five-sided shape). The most common in the southern regions are the Amnian danter, though there are a number of other golder coins from Tethyr and Thay, as well as a number of private mints (including some adventuring parties)."

As far as I know, you can't read this description in Icewind Dale nor Baldur's Gate 1 or 2. However, you might be able to read it in Icewind Dale 2 (where the gold that someone gives you as a reward goes into your inventory) but I haven't checked.
    A cheap way to kill Cookies:

Kuroisan the Acid Kensai from the Tactics mod, available for EE if you install SCS, comes with +20 to all of his saves and +50 magic resistance. All of these things make him nearly impossible to disable, but they are dispellable, and beneath them, he has no immunities; only strong saving throws and a base 20 magic resistance.

He also will not attack if all your party members are invisible, even if you attack him with a clone from Vhailor's Helm. If you have Invisibility 10' Radius or Pixie Dust (or just Invisibility if you're a solo character), Vhailor's Helm, Arrows of Dispelling, the Wand of Paralyzation (on the second level of the Guarded Compound, in a chest), and enough patience, you can bring him down even without high levels.

Basically, you keep the party hidden by invisibility, then summon a clone via Vhailor's Helm with Arrows of Dispelling equipped. If you land a critical hit on Kuroisan, all his buffs will go away. If you don't, you can rest and try again, so long as you stay invisible whenever you're close to him.

Once he's debuffed, he'll stay around, still debuffed, until you turn him hostile. This means you can rest after debuffing him, if you like.

You then remove his Spell Turning effect by casting some simple spells at him. You need to hit him with 12 spell levels of single-target spells, so three Death Ward spells would be a safe option, or Improved Invisibility for an even safer option (Flame Arrow would backfire). Once you remove the Spell Turning effect, you can pelt him with the Wand of Paralyzation until he fails a save. He will still hit you with his Acidic Backlash when you attack him, but a failed save will give you 10 rounds of free attacks, enough for most parties to bring him down.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    DJKajuru said:

Did you know that Viconia and Nalia are voiced by the same person?

I didn't know that! But it reminds me that it has always amused me that Faldorn and Jaheira are voiced by the same person. :smile:
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    elminster said:

Now that I think about it he isn't immune to poison damage as well.

Interesting ... looking at the .cre in EEkeeper, I now notice that Poison resistance isn't listed where other resistances (Fire, Acid, whatever) are listed. Is Poison resistance implemented in some different way from the others? Where do you look to see whether a character has it?