Skip to content

Did you know?

1167168169170171173»

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    That would be a nice way to skip Ulraunt
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The various bandits and muggers in the Baldur's Gate games differ in how much gold they could potentially take from you if you agreed to give up your gold. The mugger in the Bridge District in BG2 takes up to 1,000,000 gold. Cattack in BG1, however, takes up to 2,000,000,000 gold. So if you had more than 2 billion gold when you talked to Cattack, he'd be nice enough to leave you some gold.
    Have you noticed that the Flaming Fist headquarters highly resembles the Undercellar?

mkyo0vjsefmh.png
    xoq2z6ziokfl.png
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Yesterday's lazy map-making, today's ironic social commentary :wink:
    edited March 2023
    This is inherent to birds eye view games with a fixed camera. You just get more things to see from the area. Pretty much every building is done at 30-45 degrees
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    I think that OlvynChuru meant room layout rather than camera angle.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Just found out that Lynis' parents give you a 5k XP reward for laying their son's ghost to rest with his teddy bear. 20+ years later I finally think to talk to them at their son's gravestone...
    When I first saw the Chapter 2 dream screen in BG1EE, I thought it was depicting some sort of cartoony ghost.

w5ku8umiapyf.png
    Did you know that the spell Invisibility is really useful? It can do things that thief stealth, potions of invisibility, and the spell Sanctuary cannot do. If a party member is paralyzed and being attacked by enemies, you can't have that party member drink an invisibility potion or cast Sanctuary. But you can have another party member cast Invisibility on them to save them.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Did you know that the spell Invisibility is really useful? It can do things that thief stealth, potions of invisibility, and the spell Sanctuary cannot do. If a party member is paralyzed and being attacked by enemies, you can't have that party member drink an invisibility potion or cast Sanctuary. But you can have another party member cast Invisibility on them to save them.

All too true! I rarely have my mages or bards memorize invisibility, but have recently taken to using the scrolls for this kind of emergency after almost dying from the super ghouls under Durlag's in my last run.

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    Did you know... this is a really long thread!

I just "caught up" after not visiting the site for several years. I joined back in 2013, then went off to other interests in 2015... or 2016? SoD had been announced, but I didn't play it until just recently.
    Its been fun getting caught up and back into things these last few weeks.
    Aldeth's cabin is a rare example of a building that looks bigger on the outside than on the inside. Usually it's the other way around in video games.

mza2gbcntp6e.png
    3tbvzatfll7m.png
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Area estimates, using the game's coordinates:
    Cabin roof corners, exterior: (2520, 1130), (1850, 1420), (2100, 1820), (2840, 1490). Approximate area 3.6*10^5.
    Ceiling corners, interior: (70, 80), (40, 350), (630, 380), (660, 110). Approximate area 1.6*10^5.

All coordinates are approximate, but the math does say that the cabin's exterior size is more than twice the accessible interior size. Hmm. Secret Sashenstar smuggling spaces?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    Maybe very thick walls to insulate against severe winters?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Lovecraftian geometry?
    backside porch and overhanging roof
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    lroumen wrote: »
    backside porch and overhanging roof

Get out of here with your common-sensism xD
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited June 2023
    Last year, I made this post:
    jmerry wrote: »
    You know how, when you're importing from a BGEE save to start BG2EE, you see the protagonist's name attached to the save? That reads a string field in the save file, which can be whatever you enter. But for NPCs recruited in-game, that field is blank. They read the creature name instead, which is an integer string reference. And the file referenced is different between the two games ...
    I also don't have SoD to check what that game's NPCs would come out as.
    I have SoD now. Here are the names of the SoD joinables, as you would see them on the BG2EE import screen if they were the protagonist:
    - The dutiful archer "I've come to this point partly from your own advice, <CHARNAME>. You do not like it? Fair enough... I do, and 'tis more than enough for me."
    - The troublesome gnome "I think so. I need to ask you some questions."
    - The outcast shaman "How does someone get out of here?"
    - The boastful bard "Well said and much appreciated by this formerly dour knight, my lady! 'Tis a grand thing to be complimented by a beautiful lady, especially one with your grace."

Well, three of them are what you would see on that screen. I really don't know what would happen to that <CHARNAME> token.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Nothing in Baldur's Gate makes sense except in light of Imoen.