Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Gallowglass: It's listed as an effect, either below the portrait (if any) when on the "View" tab, or just below the spell memorization stuff when on the "Edit" tab. No effect listed means no resistance. Magic damage resistance is the same way.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Erm ... no "View" or "Edit" tabs in the version of EEkeeper I'm using. But I guess you've answered the question anyway: it's an effect rather than a resistance.
    @Gallowglass: I wasn't aware there were different versions. This is where the tabs are on mine.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015

elminster said:

Now that I think about it he isn't immune to poison damage as well.

Interesting ... looking at the .cre in EEkeeper, I now notice that Poison resistance isn't listed where other resistances (Fire, Acid, whatever) are listed. Is Poison resistance implemented in some different way from the others? Where do you look to see whether a character has it?
    Its normally found as an effect given by an item (typically a ring). Opcodes 173 and 101 (using #25 for poison). Check out a skeleton creature file to get an idea.

@Gallowglass: I wasn't aware there were different versions. This is where the tabs are on mine.

Lol! RTFM, @semiticgod - that's a screenshot of Near Infinity, not EEkeeper, which explains why I couldn't see what you meant!

I did mention that I'm using EEkeeper, which I've generally (at least until the current question arose) found quite sufficient for my curiosity about the workings of the game. Not being a modder, I've never felt much motive to study the mysteries of NI (or DLTCEP). But maybe I should ...
    elminster said:

Its normally found as an effect given by an item (typically a ring). Opcodes 173 and 101 (using #25 for poison). Check out a skeleton creature file to get an idea.

Aha, thanks, @elminster. Yes, I see that a skellie wears RING99, so that's presumably what confers the effect ... but so far as I can see, EEkeeper doesn't show the resulting effect. Oh well, maybe I'll go install NI if I feel a severe need to see more detail.
    @Gallowglass: I tend to think of the two programs as the same package, hence my confusion. I just hear "IE editor" in my head.

I never use EEKeeper to view files; only to edit saves. Near Infinity has better search functions, and shows a lot more information about spells and items.
    Understood, @semiticgod, and I'm glad that we've resolved the mutual confusion.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Considering Scar's stats, I'm pretty sure he shares them with the Keeper of the Portal.

To kill him I've used lots of Arrow of Detonation + Poison Weapon to bypass his AC.
    Caeria said:

You can get infinite (?? I think–I didn't actually leave the game running for long enough to test this) XP from the fire giants outside of Saradush.

Yes, that one's an infinite XP mine. (I mentioned this in some other thread just a few days ago.)
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2015
    That quest was redonent - I subjected it as just random occurance.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Daital lets out an eagle scream at times.

Koveras makes a perfect recital of the alundo prophecy.

Battle Horrors operate a nano-sized blacksmith in their helm.

ah, the power of mouse2.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited December 2015
    Grum said:

In BG1 you can detect illusions while fighting.
    In BG2 can can't do both at the same time.

It should be a bug if you can't. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/30570/does-the-thiefs-detect-illusion-do-anything suggests you should be able to do that even in ToB.

So, create a bug report for that.

As for HPs, it seems to be a bug as well. Getting double HP bonus first for a familar in BGEE and then for a familar in BG2EE is a similar bug.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

I can confirm the duergars at the end of black pits 1 are endless :blush:

Now I want to make an all dwarf party to see how many duergar they can kill before being overwhelmed!

erm...is Wraithform actually in the game or did I restore it? Sometimes I cannot tell because some of my edits were implemented nearly two years ago now.

Yes. It is dropped by Prat, near the end of Chapter 6. One copy only.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited December 2015
    Apparently, the plural of dwarf is actually dwarfs, not dwarves. Even the spell check thing that's checking what I'm typing here underlines dwarves and not dwarfs.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,153
    edited December 2015
    [deleted]