Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341

I haven't been following the no-reloads since November, but the new thread title drew my attention. Is there a fellow viola player in here nowadays?

I assume you have a joke to tell at my expense so go ahead and get it over with... welcome back btw
    BelgarathMTHWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Wise_Grimwald , the bassoon uses tenor clef, not alto clef. Tenor clef puts middle C on the fourth line of the staff. Alto clef puts middle C on the third line of the staff. They're both "C clefs", though, so I guess that's what you meant. :)
    YgramulCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

@Wise_Grimwald , the bassoon uses tenor clef, not alto clef. Tenor clef puts middle C on the fourth line of the staff. Alto clef puts middle C on the third line of the staff. They're both "C clefs", though, so I guess that's what you meant. :)

You are mainly correct, but the Alto clef is also sometimes used when the top of the instrument's range is used, as this extract says:

"The bassoon has a wide range, most of which falls into the bass and tenor clefs. Bassoons are used mostly for the rich, dark tones at the bottom of their range, so bassoon players spend most of their time reading bass clef. The instrument's middle range, written in tenor clef, is powerful but somewhat pinched in tone. Bassoonists only need to read alto clef when the piece they play primarily uses the top of the instrument's range, which produces the bassoon's weakest and thinnest tone."
    YgramulCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Congrats to the awesome twosome!
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @CrevsDaak Sorry to hear of your program crash. I don't know about Wine and BG, hopefully you can get help from Google or someone else who also uses Wine and BG together.
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    Well done, @Grond0 & @Gate70! Congratulations!
    CrevsDaakGrond0Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Corey_Russell it's ok, it crashes randomly but it usually doesn't. Yesterday/today it was particularly crashy, but that's the only time it actually mattered (the other time I had just arrived from another area and opened the record screen, but wine itself actually crashed there). It doesn't bother me tbh, but I usually post them because they sometimes feel like reloading (take a look at http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/854864/#Comment_854864), in this case it was the same practically.
    JuliusBorisov