Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    It would be great to get PST :) I hope you do CE version and give an option that we can buy it in EU.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Doodleroo *Sigh* Yeah, I saw that 4chan thread they linked earlier. If I could reach though my screen to slap these people, I would use that to shoot rocket missiles at these guys.
    filcat88ArctodusThacoBell
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115

When do we get a decent 5th edition game tho?

I am literally praying that this PS is 5ed
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageVallmyr
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

If I could reach though my screen to slap these people, I would use that to shoot rocket missiles at these guys.

Just don't leave their corpses unattended, lest they wake up inside some dusty mortuary.
    In other news, @Buttercheese's alignment shifted towards Chaotic Evil.
    ButtercheeseSjerriemlnevesePapa_Lou
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    RPGCodex is like a angrier and edgier version of No Mutants Allowed.
    filcat88GenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaak
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Like, I know it's probably PST:EE, but if we got a new planescape game in 5e rules that would be RADICAL.
    kanisathaArdulCrevsDaakShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Vallmyr said:

Like, I know it's probably PST:EE, but if we got a new planescape game in 5e rules that would be RADICAL.

One can always hope that this will be the case with the bigger Gaider-fronted project.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagebatoor
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Sjerrie said:

Doodleroo said:

And without knowing anything, RPGCodex is already preparing their shit-storm campaign... So sad :'(

Oh my, the hate in that thread... Is that a standard for RPGCodex?
    With regards to Beamdog, yes.
    semiticgoddess
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    gog and the codex really hate beam dog.
  • BoracBorac Member Posts: 15
    Dont be mad at the codex. Their anger and resentment is a result of an encounter with this guy back in the eighties ;)

megamike15SjerrieCrevsDaak
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

Maybe I missed a feud or something..? This can't be *just* about that one trans character...
    ButtercheeseDog_eat_DogCrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    That's what all evil people say. Including me. :p
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Sjerrie said:

Doodleroo said:

And without knowing anything, RPGCodex is already preparing their shit-storm campaign... So sad :'(

Oh my, the hate in that thread... Is that a standard for RPGCodex?
    You can't Imagine.
    semiticgoddessGenderNihilismGirdle
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Hehehe funny to read some of the threads on the Codex.
    They are pretty harmfull against beamdog.

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    elminster said:

SethDavis said:

/me grumbles about winter just ending and of course people want him to go trailblazing back into the frozen wastes

I'll see what I can do

I mean, from my understanding of Edmonton you occasionally get random hail in the summer. So in a way there is always a bit of winter to look forward to. :)
    That means a tornado is likely and you need to seek shelter. (Trust me on this, I grew up in Indiana, one mile from a trailer park. "Tornados hate trailers, Andy.")

Montresor_SP
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Sjerrie said:

Maybe I missed a feud or something..? This can't be *just* about that one trans character...

It predates that. They assume all that beamdog does/did was take well known mods and slap them all together and call it an enhanced edition for quick buck.

It's that sorta logic.

ButtercheeseMontresor_SP
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well they arrnt wrong. there were some mods incorporated into the ee. like tobex.
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    deltago said:

Sjerrie said:

It predates that. They assume all that beamdog does/did was take well known mods and slap them all together and call it an enhanced edition for quick buck.

It's that sorta logic.

It's ridiculous! The low cost of the EEs has been money well spent as far as I'm concerned. And if you want 100% original, they come bundled too right? At least on gog they do.
    smeagolheartShadowdemonSjerrieCrevsDaak
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Tobex is so far behind IE:2.x now though it's just not true that's “all they did“.
    It may have been a start.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Besides that: yay!
    I missed PST back then, and i never came over ignoring the technical limits nowadays ... EE will fix that for me.
    The plan: PST first, numenora next. No hurry here ...
    Arctodus
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    Arctodus said:

From what I could gather (I don't know much about that RPG Codex place and don't intend to after what I read), it seems to clearly be unobjective and ideologically biased. They focus on Mizhena's two lines (for god's sake, that's two lines...) to then infer that Beamdog's only purpose is to push a political agenda.

That whole fiasco just ended up as a focal point so team A could say "Stop pushing your agenda!" and team B could say "we're only getting bad reviews because of transphobia!", and no one comes out of that looking good. Worst case everyone just decides they're in agreement with their own side and refuse to listen to alternative view points even more.

Funny thing is this type of thing would fit perfectly in to Planescape's whole theme on the nature of people, but the big question is how respectful and well though out would it be?
    mlneveseArctodus