The Borrowers game confirmed!

Oh s***! Busted!

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Woodworm simulator.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    SethDavis said:

Luke93 said:

@SethDavis Give us another hint.......

Jeez guys, you're gonna end up getting me fired.

Okay... a section, or sections, of this project may, or may not, take place indoors.
    Your sacrifice would be much appreciated in this matter.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    SethDavis said:

Luke93 said:

@SethDavis Give us another hint.......

Jeez guys, you're gonna end up getting me fired.

Okay... a section, or sections, of this project may, or may not, take place indoors.
    Leisure Suit Larry: the Aspen Ski Vacation

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Oh, I was just kiddin' about spoilers.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    still a good habit to get into
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Im betting of an EE of Minecraft.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    ThacoBell said:

lroumen said:

Baldurs gate - mostly walking

Isn't it already XD
    well, the opposite would be.

Planescape Torment - mostly talking
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @SethDavis Alternatively, could you explain us what you mean by "soon" ?
    As many of us have already pointed out, why is there no release date yet ? I mean, the game is in the final stages of development and testing, right? So, what are you waiting for?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    I for one do certainly understand that they're a little more careful with specific dates. I think, and I hope, that the SoD CE was a learning moment in that regard. No offense intended of course. :)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    deltago said:

Luke93 said:

SethDavis Alternatively, could you explain us what you mean by "soon" ?
    As many of us have already pointed out, why is there no release date yet ? I mean, the game is in the final stages of development and testing, right? So, what are you waiting for?

exact dates are dangerous. you never know what may pop up and give you a literal headache while you work towards a date. I personally would rather have a finished product than one promised on time. So soon works for me.
    Unless "soon" means "sometime before 6th edition D&D ships..." :wink:
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SVhg6ZENw

Think you can do the thing in 2 weeks? Say you can do it in 8 weeks. Moral of the story is not to make promises if you're not sure you can keep them.

Would the general public, or even we, rather have something be "a little late", or "later than *promised*"? ← insert audible gasp there

;)
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    I would love to Play PS: T now but i am actually waiting as Beamdog might be working on PS:T Enhanced which i would rather Play :)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2017

Unless "soon" means "sometime before 6th edition D&D ships..." :wink:

@SethDavis This is exactly what I meant to say.... When I said "could you explain us what you mean by "soon" ?", I wasn't actually speaking to you but to Beamdog's staff: I mean, I think the hype around this project isn't as high as it should be. So, please, do something in order to keep this thread alive :) ........
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Is this 1999?!...

tbone1 said:

Luke93 said:

I mean, I think the hype around this project isn't as high as it should be.

It appears you have forgotten the Steve Jobs approach to product hype: keep it secret, underpromise, overdeliver.
    Yeah but Beamdog /= Apple.

With Apple products, you couldn't beat away the press interest with a stick. When a company like Beamdog goes through a flap like last March/April, and then just turtles up and stops releasing products or patches or information for a year... the danger is, they just lose relevance. Not with the people around here, of course... but even around here the mood is beginning to sour.
    True enough, but it certainly wasn't like that for the first few years after he returned. At the time I did some writing for a tech website that covered Apple and I recall a lot of things popping up as big surprises, even early on.

Coriander said:

tbone1 said:

It appears you have forgotten the Steve Jobs approach to product hype: keep it secret, underpromise, overdeliver.

I've heard the new project may be foam mouse pads with the company brand printed on them. If Beamdog actually existed. Which is does not.

Please don't ask for mouse pads. I am joking.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the wall! Er, cubicle. Decorated with mouse pads. That do not exist, from a company that does not exist.

Sincerely,
    Allen Smithy